Chaeto Pond

anonymous2294

• SRC Member

would this be used to support another system or just a system on its own..... ? either ways it should work.... emphasis on the flow part.... its really critical for chaetos... but take care the strainer for your pump too it might get clogged.

Regards,

Omar

would this be used to support another system or just a system on its own..... ? either ways it should work.... emphasis on the flow part.... its really critical for chaetos... but take care the strainer for your pump too it might get clogged.

Regards,

Omar

My friend suggested to me that i can use the water from the chaeto pond to replace water in my display tank during water changes. Water from the display tank will then go to the chaeto pond. They are two separate systems. Wanna ask also, in my display tank, the nitrates are a little high so i wanna plant some chaeto. But i dun like the idea of having chaeto all over the nano reef. Looks really bad with corals. So i bought a black net and placed some crushed corals in it, ready to plant some chaetos. Is it okay to do so? My concern is that the chaeto will not attach itself to sth and then it starts floating out of my net. Its my first time planting chaetos here.

Should be feasible, if you can provide it with plenty of of flow and nutrient to growth.

Hi bro:D Flow wise shld nt be an issue because the pond is small and i will get a more powerful pump. Nutrients wise probably 2-3 fishes. If nothing goes wrong, i should set up the pond end of this month or next month.

Regards,

Anonymous2294

Chaeto cannot be planted. They don't have roots. You can consider building a physical barrier to prevent the clump from floating around.

Thats something new to me. I probably will place have a LR structure forming a hill. The filter will then be placed a few cm behind the LR. Hope that works.

Regards,

Anonymous2294

• SRC Member

Chaeto cannot be planted. They don't have roots. You can consider building a physical barrier to prevent the clump from floating around.

chaeto works best it they are allow to tumbering around ... if they are restricted the bottom part which cant get any lights will die off.

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• 1 month later...

those that break off and got shoot out to the main tank is really a headache

Hahas. I decided to change that project into a mangrove project. Managed to get some mangrove shoots already but the pond is still not fully set up yet. Will try to complete by next week:D

Regards,

Anonymous2294