What are your pet peeves in SRC

Achilles Tang

I'll start.

1. Newbies who don't bother researching the basics and starting up a marine tank, then asking a lot of basic questions. :pinch:

Seriously. It irks me to no end. I spent so much time learning & researching on my own when I first started out in this hobby before I even dared to ask anyone else about how things work... and I believe it was about IDing a scolymia or cynarina coral. And I can't figure out why most people nowadays can't do the same thing! :pirate:

2. Experienced reefers who have been in SRC for a long time, keeping low profile and not helping out with newbie questions. :blink:

'Nuff said. You know who you are. I await your answers. <_<

• SRC Member

TCS 5 and 8 for running silly pro-government programmes to mislead the people... Opps! I forget that I can switch channels or switch off the TV! :off: Or is it?

2. Experienced reefers who have been in SRC for a long time, keeping low profile and not helping out with newbie questions. 

'Nuff said. You know who you are. I await your answers.

That'll be me!!!!! :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

Sorry lah... don't start a thread to flame me :(:cry: leh! I already kow-tow to you already what?! :bow::bow::bow:

Pardon me for asking what may seem to you another irritating question... Just what are basic questions and what are newbie questions? Any differences? :(

For example, is asking for ID a basic question since it too can be researched from pictorial books? :unsure:

What about asking people where to get certain livestock (since one can visit the LFS and perhaps grab their name cards to call them up to check)? Or directions to LFS (got street directory what?!?!?)?

I don't want to become public enemy No.1 here leh... :cry:

• SRC Member

That will be Berrykin and our favorite Datuk.

Also, people who are insincere. They will ask for advise and comments but will not listen if what they receive is contrary to what they intend to do.

Dishonest people who purposely distort or hide facts when asking questions.

Flamers and trolls who are just out to pick a fight.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

My darling merger of the sea and the marine... :P

Never have I not known a person and yet so crossed with him...trying to help and kanna sarcasm... <_<

And also people with low EQ...or maybe it's just me and not the world... :P

Well, from my own personal experience -> newbies r always misled by some irresponsible LFS. That why they jumped into in without knowing much thinking it is as simple as freshwater. Then end up in deep shit & come to SRC for help.

I was lucky!!! Accidentally got to know tis website while searching for more info in the net b4 I start.

So when I bump into some newbies at LFS (as they were asking basic questions).....I pass them SRC web address.

As for the old birds, they'll get sick of answering the same questions again & again! I was formally from some car forum (no need to guess, can tell from my login name) and now seldom go in as it would become v mudane. HERE WE GO AGAIN, SAME OLD SHIT AGAIN......juz like BMT.

Well,

I agree with Hondace, not only does the newbies get misled by the LFS, sometimes they get misled by fellow peers here.... Sometimes some people might wanna earn posts and juz post some silly response to a person's genuine question, and the poor guy get totally thrown off balance.... :cry:

I am one who regularly post for help, like recently when i had some problems with my anemone, i can't imagine when i use the search engine and the number of threads dat would come up on the work anemone (!!! ), how do i go through all the threads to find one piece of info, especially when some of the threads have people TCSS in it... :pinch:

Read up more, some may say, but when i try to read up the information here is SRC, I get overwhelm by the volume and quality of information here, not only there are numberous thread dat can be not related, the info sometimes from others may not be accurate.... :blink:

But mainly, my laziness in really reading up is due to the fact that by the time i reach home from work, its about 11+pm, really tired and would juz like to get an answer to my question... I confess i can be lazy... :huh:

I take caution when posting those questions, I try to thank everyone who has responded... but i notice dat sometimes in certain threads that people juz come in and start flaming ( so far it hasn't happen to me... )... :D

I do not intend to offend anyone, but let it be known that if you can't stand a particular person, you can always ignore him, why get your mood screwed up when its becoz of someone you dislike? :(

So far, whenever i needed help and posted a questions, a number of old-timers have come to help me out, and i really appreciate it... as for those who didn't help i understand that an old experience may have left bitterness in them, but at least they didn't start flaming me... :)

Overall, I still learn alot since i joined this website, and thanxs again to all the people who have helped made this hobby a wonderful experience! :thanks:

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Well,

I agree with Hondace, not only does the newbies get misled by the LFS, sometimes they get misled by fellow peers here.... Sometimes some people might wanna earn posts and juz post some silly response to a person's genuine question, and the poor guy get totally thrown off balance.... :cry:

I am one who regularly post for help, like recently when i had some problems with my anemone, i can't imagine when i use the search engine and the number of threads dat would come up on the work anemone (!!! ), how do i go through all the threads to find one piece of info, especially when some of the threads have people TCSS in it... :pinch:

Read up more, some may say, but when i try to read up the information here is SRC, I get overwhelm by the volume and quality of information here, not only there are numberous thread dat can be not related, the info sometimes from others may not be accurate.... :blink:

But mainly, my laziness in really reading up is due to the fact that by the time i reach home from work, its about 11+pm, really tired and would juz like to get an answer to my question... I confess i can be lazy... :huh:

I take caution when posting those questions, I try to thank everyone who has responded... but i notice dat sometimes in certain threads that people juz come in and start flaming ( so far it hasn't happen to me... )... :D

I do not intend to offend anyone, but let it be known that if you can't stand a particular person, you can always ignore him, why get your mood screwed up when its becoz of someone you dislike? :(

So far, whenever i needed help and posted a questions, a number of old-timers have come to help me out, and i really appreciate it... as for those who didn't help i understand that an old experience may have left bitterness in them, but at least they didn't start flaming me... :)

Overall, I still learn alot since i joined this website, and thanxs again to all the people who have helped made this hobby a wonderful experience! :thanks:

Vincent Ho

Wah...this fellow can join PAP liao... :lol::lol:

so diplomatically written... :)

• SRC Member
Wah...this fellow can join PAP liao...

Hahah... then maybe I can join Opposition Party! (was I brash?:rolleyes:)

so diplomatically written...

Mmmm... since when has the PAP been diplomatic? :blink: Only towards foreign governments, never to Singaporeans :angry:

Case in point, this thread was supposed to be discussing pet peeves and has detracked into diplomacy and PAP. How to expect a simple but accurate answer to remedy newbies' problems?

:angel: Peace AT. Think we've made that in my other thread! :angel:

• SRC Member
That will be Berrykin and our favorite Datuk.

Also, people who are insincere. They will ask for advise and comments but will not listen if what they receive is contrary to what they intend to do.

Dishonest people who purposely distort or hide facts when asking questions.

Flamers and trolls who are just out to pick a fight.

People who keep asking for advice but never listen...

E.g. "Dun put too much fishes!!! Go get your equipment first!"

But do they listen? Nay... next thing, they surface again asking why their fishes or corals are not doing well...

I have the same sentiments as Flubberina... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
U quoted Tanzy and acknowledged flubberina! Heh!

;)

Its becoz Tanzy brought up a good point abt stubborn people who dun listen to advice....

and Flubberina and I are juz thinking abt the same person when this point was raised... :rolleyes

guess who? :rolleyes: sea......

I have another pet peeve!

People who must add something off topic into someone else's thread to somehow bring up teeko things!

You know who you are! ;)

• SRC Member

well or someone who just come in and keep on commenting and commenting but never give solution...

just give your ans and your help and let it go... dont keep commenting and commenting.. it will make ppls angry.

This is just a hobby not a pay rise..

It took me a yr to read and learn before I start my 1st reef tank.. I also gatta some problem here and there..

Just relax and help. Sometime even u read alot before u start there is always some area that sound simple to others but it just never occur to u.. so be nice...

• SRC Member
I have another pet peeve!

People who must add something off topic into someone else's thread to somehow bring up teeko things!

You know who you are! ;)

but in kopitiam I think ok lah, not in other "proper" sections. besides usu its coded so only tee kor bros and sis can understand, and AT can understand... so.... therefore...