IKS Aquastar Review?

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

Hi Guys, any of you using the abovementioned computer to help you out with your reef tanks?

I know that Hon is using the system. Anyone else?

Also Hon or anyone else, can do a review on the system pls? I am sure it will interest lots of reefers once we know what its capable of.

Thanks!

Cost! My friend, cost!!!

If you can get hold of TTboy to do a review... he uses one too.

The amount of money spent on these computers alone can rival my tank setup costs!

• SRC Member

Maybe its not a must have system. Also the support here is not very good. Anything wrong have to send back to Germany and wait almost 1 mth for it return.

One of my IKS had a dead data point which I just cannot afford to put it offline and send back for repair. I can't progam it thru' my comp now :(

• SRC Member
Wah, so expensive ah? u mean the Aquastar cost 10k and above? wow! :shock::shock::whistle

The basic aquastar system cost around $600+. Each module to add into the function will cost between $300-$600. These add up a lot of the cost.

Say you want a system to monitor pH, conductivity, redox, temp, water level, 2 socket bar for timer and 2 socket bar for wave making. The total cost will add up to around $4.4k. If you like to measure oxygen and pressure, that will be another 1k down the drain :P

So... going by a full fledged IKS system (Hon, believe you need 2 IKS systems right) monitoring EVERYTHING... you are talking about spending over $10k!

*gulp*

• SRC Member

We have a local agent in Singapore. He do not carry much stock, if so exchange need to be re-ordered from Germany. All in all, he is a nice guy and helpful to fill your need... even home delivery and testing .. :P

• SRC Member

I need 2 system becoz I have too many device to control. Each IKS is turn on/off or make wave up to 16 equipement, I exceeded that becoz I need T5 dimming function ...

• SRC Member

The simmond count as a socket bar.

I need a on/off socket to turn on power to the ballast and the simmod will drive the power up from 0% to 100%. When dimming down, the simmod somehow do not drive the ballast down to 0%, the lowest it goes still keep the T5 power up at very dim output. So I need a on/off socket to cut off power totally.

• SRC Member

Yeah Hon , do a complete and impressive review to lure the guys to the really dark side of spending 4-5k on a reef computer. With more ppl having the IKS computer, support will be better in Singapore I bet. Its a Chicken and Egg thing.

Now, if only the IKS guy surfs SRC, maybe he can provide valuable info too. ;)