six line wrasse

seamonkee

• SRC Member

Hey guys,

I notice something interesting yesterday night. My six-line wrasse formed a ball of mucus-liked substance around it's body and sleep in it....

Haha.. at first I thought it was dead... hehe... next morning swimming happily...

Is it some form of protection or defense they use when sleeping?

• SRC Member

crab killer? Are six-line wrasse crab killers? cause if so, then mine is not doing a good job... yesterday night I just stabbed another hairy crab using a chopstick..

I have a small blue tang, ocellaris, six-lined wrasse, high-fin goby, mandarin goby and a small cardinal....

If u really need to get rid of crabs, try the crab trap... this is posted sometime back ago...

take a disposable 150ml bottle and cut off half the bottle... take the upper half (the one with the mouth cap), use a wire mesh and cover the bottom.... use some fish meat as bait...and then use a string to hang the device in your tank..

crab goes in cannot come out... I have yet to try this but they say it works...

Yes, some wrasses do that. It's similar to how a parrotfish can be found in mucus cocoons, asleep under ledges at night. The mucus masks their body scent from predators.

• SRC Member
Yup, its a form defense. out of curiosity, what other LS you kept it with? i need to get a crab killer :angry:

hi if u need a crab killer... then go for boxer shrimp.. they r gd crab killer... almost all the crab in my tank had been killed... now leave 0 or 1 only..