Ozone

Ridemtb

Bro, Have pic to share?

Never see ozone pump before

Regards

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Do read up more about the use of ozone. It is not a magic cure-all... it IS dangerous not only to your marine livestock but to you and even your surrounding area.

• SRC Member

Ozone is by far the best way to boost your water quality. Ozone Generators clean up aquarium water by removing unwanted organic decay, proteins and pollutants. By eliminating harmful organics, ozone increases the longevity of all marine life. The active oxygen creates superior water quality providing aquarium inhabitants with a clean environment for living and reproducing

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

:lol: don't worry la... u ordering the ozone controllable one right :) punch among of ozone acccording to your tank volume ;) are you going use with ORP controller?

before i started my ozone, my ORP controller shown 311. i only set my ORP controller at 360. my ozone work on/off for a sometime, now for last 2-3 weeks, my ORP controller hardly activate my ozonizer. and my redox reading stay at ~385 when lights on and ~410 when light off. unless something die off or water change, or you work on your tank than my redox will fall a little while and than back to ~380 without even activate my ozone. this show that my water is stable and well balance :lol:

as the same time, i use my redox reading to gauge my water stability and quality :P

age.png

• SRC Member

Yeah...Ozone is a good investment. So far, no ich even if I introduce fish that I buy from LFS directly into my display tank. Used to worry like hell since I have a PBT inside the main display. So far so good. May be don't need to quarantine anymore in the future. hehehe

The ozone will run very frequently at the beginning, but after a while, once it stablize at a certain reading, it will kick in less often.

But must make sure to soak the probe in vinegar often as I heard that the ORP reading will go on the high side if the probe is not clean regularly.

• SRC Member

this is what i have read and summarize:

ORP reading:

- goes up at night because the tank PH drop

- goes down during feeding, water change, die off etc...

- goes down during the day + lights becasue your tank PH goes up

- appears to go up & up & up... it is time for you to clean your ORP probe :P

age.png