dead snails.

hello friends,

i had already added 2 snails into my FOWLR tank and they both died on me.

what happen is i added the snail in my tank and they continue with their business of roaming around. they will move around the tank walls for a few (4~5) days and suddenly drop onto the bed and die...

i had checked wif LFS and they all said snails have no special requirments, just dump in ur tank and they work.

what's going on? is there any hitchhikers on my LR that kills my snail? or is there any special requirements for snails?

tankmates are 1 tomato clown, 1 common clown, 1 yellow , 1 domino and 1 black white stripped damsels, 1 big black fat sea cucumber and 2 tube worms. all of them are ok so far.

comments and advices please...

cheers...

You don't dump sanils into the tank, unless the LFS water and your tank's are the exact same. They need careful acclimatization as they are inverts. They can't regulate the osmotic changes as fast as fishes.

Inverts are sensitive to ammonia, nitrites, nitrates... something is killing them and I suspect it is one of the above. Or is there a predator killing them? Crabs?

• SRC Member

talking about snails.. what other snails do they have at LFS? ... there seems to be only 1 ..or 2 kinds.. :(... seems to me that SW snails aren't as beautiful as FW ones..

Looking for nice ones to put into my tank..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

To acclimitize snails, the easiest way is to ensure that they stick at the edge of the water on the glass. A quarter in water, three quarter out of water. Let them slowly crawl into the tank.. who else but themselves knows the rate of acclimitizing them??...

2 cents.. :lol:

To acclimitize snails, the easiest way is to ensure that they stick at the edge of the water on the glass. A quarter in water, three quarter out of water. Let them slowly crawl into the tank.. who else but themselves knows the rate of acclimitizing them??...

2 cents.. :lol:

oops.... i put them 100% straight in. :D

That is not proper acclimatization. :D