Squamosa in Batam seafood restaurant

CFOh

Saw below ~10" to 1ft Squamosa in seafood restaurant @ Batam. And very good price.. ~RP150000.. :thumbsup: Wonder how they cook them? and imagine this Clam could be even cheaper in Wet Market?

post-9248-0-44421900-1301198827_thumb.jp

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Poor things. Hope they were farmed.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Oh mind, remind me of my squamy last week :rip: . A history clam of the same size with me for 3years :cry2: Just mere 6 " to the said size. This is all because one reefer who kept on delaying to pick it up. Lesson learn clam do not like to open mentle touch each other. One will give way to the other for space. They are light lover and need good space for food process through their mentle. An expensive lesson learn.

Question can those clam bought bring back home? What the custom excercise?

Mix reef-Main tank 3x2.5x2.5ftA

TI 3ft 8tube

Hitachi compressor unit 1HP

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

1 x Coral Lab CR with Ph controller; 1X AquaMedic Kalk Reactor top off

Baby fish dosing kh/Sr&Kcl/mg

DI water thru kalkwasser

1 x Skimz Fr with BRS gfo

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

Sump 3x1.5ft plumbed together with;

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

Oh mind, remind me of my squamy last week :rip: . A history clam of the same size with me for 3years :cry2: Just mere 6 " to the said size. This is all because one reefer who kept on delaying to pick it up. Lesson learn clam do not like to open mentle touch each other. One will give way to the other for space. They are light lover and need good space for food process through their mentle. An expensive lesson learn.

Question can those clam bought bring back home? What the custom excercise?

Bro, Sorry to heard yr clam news...

Not sure about custom regulation on marine livestock.. But I think if u declare this as seafood item should be ok.. Better double check with both site custom.. I heard Nagoya @ Batam got more fish shop maybe can sightseeing there.... :cheers: ...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

hmm... doesnt think we can bring it in singapore... recalled somewhere that there is a specific clause in bring tridacna clams into singapore !!! besides all this clams are huge!!! it will drain your calcium like nobody's business .... and most importantly it occupies alot of space... something we all lack of...

hmm... doesnt think we can bring it in singapore... recalled somewhere that there is a specific clause in bring tridacna clams into singapore !!! besides all this clams are huge!!! it will drain your calcium like nobody's business .... and most importantly it occupies alot of space... something we all lack of...

Oh just came back from makan seafood at Pendas, Johore yesterday. Came across a reminder note at our immigration counter stated NO meats and eggs are allowed to clear custom excercise. The other 2 of the 4 stated that allowed I recalled are proccesed and cook foods and 30 ornamental fishes in 3litre of water. Thats strange! there is no other restriction stated about clams. If I recalled again the other 2 are vegetables and fruits. Thats only access through Singapore/ Malaysia not Indonesia.

Hmm.... just curious if really can bring them in from Indonesia at a cost of only $25 thats very cheap! As compare in Singapore $50 - $100

Actually if you have space in your tank, this bugger really do a good job in nitrate filtering IMHE. The biger the best, agreed too about the calcification to build up the shell.

This is mine at one moment :(

post-6899-0-44924200-1301301003_thumb.jp

TI 3ft 8tube

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

DI water thru kalkwasser

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

• SRC Member

thai.... are u thinking of setting up a clam refuge???? hahahahha space is something most of us is a lack of... even you with ur huge tank... alr no space....some more with that size clam.... i scared their stream of Jet when they close their shell quickly can reach my LED!!!

No thanks... such clams if have only will be in my refuge!!

Dun worry, I trust Bro Thairun got enough room & comfortable environment + good care for them.. Since his previous pieces last for 3years.. :cheers:

CF occasionally bring in this size Clam.. Probably can try CF...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Giant Clams are under CITES same as Hard Corals, so they will require cites permit to be imported... No matter for hobbyist use or commercial use...

Base on AVA regulation link below... is ok for hand carry with condition for baggage of travellers only. But I don't know any changes now... Pls check with official before purchase...

post-9248-0-28033100-1301507135_thumb.jp

http://www.ava.gov.sg/InformationForTravellers/BringOrnamentalFish/index.htm

Anyway, LFS did bring in occasionally, we can get locally with convenient & better acclimatise.

Cheers...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Hey thanks CFOh, this is good info. You remind me to one LFS owner I chat with long ago, to bring them is not a problem provided you follow the rules set by AVA true CITIES permit. If you bring more than the set regulation in weight and quantity then you have to face the music/dance. Do you know that if you bring in the 6th and are caught you have to pay penalty of $4,000 each. That no joke bro! That the words of reminder to those interested to bring them in.

TI 3ft 8tube

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

DI water thru kalkwasser

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

Juat called AVA and spoke to a friendly gentleman. Clams is under Cites species, so you need a cites import and export permit from AVA. Dont be confused with the import licence, which is needed only if you bring in more than the stipulated allowable quantity.

The good part is soft corals is not in cites list. Fish except koi and carps is also not in the cites list. So you can hand carry them within the lawful stated quantity.

cheers,

** In short, if you hand carry a clam, you will need only a Cites Permit from AVA. If you want to bring in 100 clams, you need a Cites Permit and an import licence from AVA.**

• SRC Member

my dad buys fishes and meat from the other side..no problem at all, as these are for home consumption. its up to the officer's discretion. if it is just one or 2 clams, i dun think u will get into any shiit...just tell the officer its for personal consumption.

i have bought fruits before...no issue either.

just dun try to convince them its for personal consumption with a few cartons of clams and fishes...

l7304smr.jpg

my dad buys fishes and meat from the other side..no problem at all, as these are for home consumption. its up to the officer's discretion. if it is just one or 2 clams, i dun think u will get into any shiit...just tell the officer its for personal consumption.

i have bought fruits before...no issue either.

just dun try to convince them its for personal consumption with a few cartons of clams and fishes...

Ah Siang, next time you go buy live clown fish and tell them that its for the family consumption :lol: . If it goes through :welldone: , i will follow suit.:friends:

cheers,

• SRC Member

Ah Siang, next time you go buy live clown fish and tell them that its for the family consumption :lol: . If it goes through :welldone: , i will follow suit.:friends:

cheers,

haha..it will lah...i brought in a mermaid before and left it in my boote...becoz i nearly bang into it

l7304smr.jpg

For general AVA inquire, can call no. Tel: (65) 6751 9804.

For CITIES permit inquire, can call this no. (65) 63257626

If you purchase them from restaurant or seafood market, try to get the receipt for clearance purpose..

Cheers...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 2 weeks later...