DT Phytolankton, Cyclopeeze...

• SRC Member

Hey guys... Today I finally decided to stop procastinating and finally ask some questions I've been meaning to ask...

It's mainly about DT Phytolankton and Cyclopeeze... I mean, I know that they're mainly planktonic food and where they can be gotten from but I just wanted to ask for sure what they are...

I mean... Are they in powder form or in liquid form? Can you just add DT Phytolankton directly into your tank or is it actually a culture of some sort? Cyclopeeze should be mixed with food you're about to feed your LS, like frozen mysis right? Are there any other uses for Cyclopeeze and what is it actually?

And lastly, does R*born sell frozen fish I can feed my lions?

Hey guys, thanks in advance for any help given... There are many ways of getting Marine Aquarium info and I guess mine is to trust the users of this forum...

Cheers..

• SRC Member

DT is liquid in a bottle, the feeding instructions on how much & how often will be stated on the bottle.

It is a live food source.(if you feed within the use by period) You feed directly into the tank.

Cyclopeeze - is a very big planktonic food(its 800microns), a little goes a long long way . Its a little bigger than baby brine shrimp(300-350microns) - so it feeds fishes and the larger meat eating corals.

Just add a dash to the food mix, this will add variety. Not too much or cyano will be round the corner(since its a dead food).

cyclops is a copepod , named cyclops because it has a single red eye(like the greek giants).

i think it is parasitic in the wild(needing fish as a stage in its life cycle)- and this is why u have frozen,freeze dried,processed into flake but neve,never 'live'.

It does contain a good nutritional profile.

Reborn sells the MBF range - i'm sure silversides are in there.

Otherwise NTUC or cold storage will have them(just get the uncooked version)

Your lions will also eat market prawn (cut small), mysis,maybe even sotong/squid peices & live FW feeder prawns -as a treat.