Help on coral

• SRC Member

Bleaching.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Bleaching causes:

Temparature swings. Usually when temperature goes above 30°C

Poor water parameters

Insufficient or too much PAR

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Bleaching causes:

Temparature swings. Usually when temperature goes above 30°C

Poor water parameters

Insufficient or too much PAR

+1

Good pointers bro.

Try shifting to a lower level, that may improve the situation.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

+1

Good pointers bro.

Try shifting to a lower level, that may improve the situation.

Thanks try do a WC last nite see any improvement, bt this coral have been with me for a month and there is no issue, I am wondering what is the cause, is it I just add a fiter sock to the overflow to my sump? and change the activated carbon? as my activated carbon is 2 month already. so replace with new carbon and add a filter sock to my sump. This may be the cause?

• SRC Member

1 month is a very short time in terms of coral lifespan. Try moving further from your lights as what Cedric said. filter sock or carbon should actually improve your water quality. Unless they are contaminated.