Colourful SPS frags

cedricang

cedric is CFO most hated person (once go in sure buy a lot haha)!!!! super solid collection as always.. and always there to offer his experience when you seek advise from him.

really learn a lot of things from him when i went his place!

new reefers whom wanna look at his shop.. erm ok tank i meant.. will be really inspire!

Lol...bro you are very welcome and :ThanxSmiley: for the...aheim...nice complement.

Actually hor, i think it's more like a love-hate relationship. CFO knows that her man is spending but hor not on gambling or something else lor *blink*blink* anyway today got a nice couple pop over and the husband was explaining to me that same rational too...at least the wife got to see the husband at home most of the time, better to look at the tank then something else hehee

This hobby is so captivating yet can be challenging, without sharing from all the generous bros here, lot's of precious time and money would go to waste for nothing, i wish that all who come to my place will also walk out happy and hopefully pick up some uselful tips :friends:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

This sounds like ur tank dimensions yeah bro? Hehe. But agree, that's a good tank size! Not just good for main tank display and coral placements, the spacious area allows for good storage of equipment below...

Thanks Cedric for the super healthy BN!

Upz!

The pleasure is mine bro, glad you like it :friends:

Better not try for re-approval. History has thought us not to resubmitt or risk lossing all...hehe

My wife did suggest 5x2.5x2 initially, but after much thought, we decided 4x2.5x2, due to higher running cost . Currently making plans to install 1hp coil chillier and have already purchased my 2x250watts MH .

I'm using this tank as a physical divider between my hall and kitchen when we demolish that wall next week .

Really looking forward to next week when I return back from States and start renovation ... than NEW TANK ....yahoooooooo

Hi Frank, nice to hear that your tank Visa is approved lol

Tank size is really a matter of personal preference, not to be diplomatic but it's true to certain extend. However, there are some practical consideration when comes to ease of scaping / tank maintenance / costing etc.

I would say that a longer tank allows you to enjoy a nice wide viewing pleasure. Given your two dimension option, I would however prefer 4x2.5x2. Having more width would give not only a better depth of field astactic look and feel, scaping can be alot more flexible and easier.

Err...if your CFO allows, go for 5x2.5x2 :chair:

As my good bro Jeremy pointed out, shallow tank has good advantage of nice viewing of your corals from top and managing and placement will be a whole lot easier :thumbsup:

Nice sharing bro :welldone:

Better not try for re-approval. History has thought us not to resubmitt or risk lossing all...hehe

My wife did suggest 5x2.5x2 initially, but after much thought, we decided 4x2.5x2, due to higher running cost . Currently making plans to install 1hp coil chillier and have already purchased my 2x250watts MH .

I'm using this tank as a physical divider between my hall and kitchen when we demolish that wall next week .

Really looking forward to next week when I return back from States and start renovation ... than NEW TANK ....yahoooooooo

Bro do add allowance for opening of over head cabinet for easy maintenance and placement of corals from both sides. I know a reefer who didn't do an opening at the kitchen side and has problem placing corals there.

Not sure if this is an issue, but if you cook often do take care of cooking soot.

Yes, we have designed our renovated kitchen to be sealed (with exhaust fan )from the dry side . Basically, it's a dry and wet kitchen ( wet as in cooking )

As for overhead cabinate, there will be non . This tank will be open-air concept from tank to ceiling. We'll only see the 2 hanging 250watts MH above the tank.... ( keeping it at least 2-3 feet above tank to keep the water cool .

Bro do add allowance for opening of over head cabinet for easy maintenance and placement of corals from both sides. I know a reefer who didn't do an opening at the kitchen side and has problem placing corals there.

Not sure if this is an issue, but if you cook often do take care of cooking soot.

Congrats pandagold for your new incoming tank. Better issue an advanced PO to Dr Ang to secure his gems sps.

cheers

soorry :off:

Heehee....Mike you know it just too well. Anyway, those rare staff are really hard to come by, and it take time to grow them till it's ready for fragging. But exceptions will always be there for those very nice reefers like youself and a few others.

Cheers :friends:

• 3 weeks later...

resurrect it for sps hunters

rgds

Hahaa...thanks big bro Mike for resurrecting this from drowning away :P

Month end probably will have some interesting staff coming up....^_^

Hahaa...thanks big bro Mike for resurrecting this from drowning away :P

Month end probably will have some interesting staff coming up....^_^

Thanks for the advanced notice. I better start clearing for more space .Hope its rainbow stag !

cheers

** better get the credit card funds transfer ready too !**

Hi bro, your avatar img is also getting more beauty as your SPS.

And trailer for your up coming sales? :P

Current Tank(s) :

2 x 1 x 1 mixed reef tank

What in my mind now (future tanks)

4 x 2.5 x 1.5 low profile coral tank

3 x 2.5 x 1.5 low profile reef tank

Decommissioned Tanks :

2 ft seahorse tank back in the 1990s'

2.5 ft cube mixed reef tank in 2007 to 2008

JBJ 28g Tank . Maxspect G1 110W + 12W DIY LED . Tunze 9002 Skimmer . Vortech MP10w ES . SPS only Tank . Picasso Clown Fish (2009 to 2011)

2 x 1 x 1 puffer-fishes, box-fishes & Frog-fish tank (2015)