My tank

shyikai

This is my new tank. :lol:

I'm brother of lemonlemon and this tank is 1ft cube. He helped me set it up. It's running on very simple filtration. i.e, Eheim liberty hang on filter.

He thinks it's enough since i'll only be keeping simple corals and shrimps. Maybe a few nano fishes too.

post-19106-0-12190400-1297604169_thumb.j

Kai

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the club bro... maybe u should change ur nick to Orange since ur lemon brother.... hehehe(jus kiding. no offend)

btw nice scaping... but the styrofoam is unsightly. maybe can put some decoration... :)

Haha thanks. Yea he wanted me to put orangeorange but i didnt want than he tell me put bear grylls. I think for the styrofoam can just cover with black oyama paper.

Kai

ok... another young reefer... cool... cant wait for u to stock up... with ur bro help, sure its gonna be a nice tank...

Thank you. I have also taped away the styrofoam, it looks much better now. Looking forward to stocking my tank up too. My bro has already helped me by giving me some ideas on nano fishes.

Kai

• Senior Reefer

Thank you. I have also taped away the styrofoam, it looks much better now. Looking forward to stocking my tank up too. My bro has already helped me by giving me some ideas on nano fishes.

Lotilia graciliosa please. :rolleyes:

post-15755-0-27195400-1297608263_thumb.j

post-15755-0-43247400-1297608269_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

good lah.

his tank is just next to my sump so water changes every week will be easy and mess free. simple filtration also can. not keeping much fish anyway.

i wanted to give him my refugium space in my sump tank but he did not want. so his 1ft cube is a good nano tank for him.

• SRC Member

welcome!!

haha why not connect an overflow to Lemon's sump, den can exploit the HUGE water volume mah! :friends:

• SRC Member

Ahhh... brotherly love. Welcome to SRC! You might wanna consider switching the styrofoam for those thinner types that are commonly used as sign boards. Or mouse pad would work too.

It'll be interesting to keep an octopus... looking forward to it. :D

• Senior Reefer

welcome!!

haha why not connect an overflow to Lemon's sump, den can exploit the HUGE water volume mah! :friends:

he's sleeping now. so i reply for him.

very laychey leh. and such a small tank, if never do properly very easy to overflow. but it's a simple and easy tank. one week change water 2 times also can. 3 times also can. just siphon out abit, throw into my sump, and replace with my tank water. lol.

Ahhh... brotherly love. Welcome to SRC! You might wanna consider switching the styrofoam for those thinner types that are commonly used as sign boards. Or mouse pad would work too.

It'll be interesting to keep an octopus... looking forward to it. :D

octopus... haha.

escape artists.

• SRC Member

ok.

he always follow me to cf and ask me buy funny things like octopus, mantis shrimps, cuttlefish..... i say no. :P

hehe... jus like me... when i jus started reefing, i love predator fishes... hehehe... after 6mth then only i learn to like the beauty of marine fish like angel n wrasse... :P

welcome ... how about lime lime :pinch:

can get your bro to give you some exotics or rare ones haha ... will be a pico treasure :idea:

I will probably get the small nice fishes that will dissapear in his huge tank :)

Kai

Thanks everyone, i will probably be just keeping small fish and invertabrates.

Hi, i've seen u before a few times, but not sure if u remember me.

Anyway this nano tank is YOURS, not your brother's, so u should take charge and decide on your own wat u wan and like to keep.

Haha, be careful of your brother, he may slowly take over your nano tank!

Nano tank is fun and simple to maintain, but dun keep octopus la, den the whole tank will only be one octopus, v boring.

• Senior Reefer

Hi, i've seen u before a few times, but not sure if u remember me.

Anyway this nano tank is YOURS, not your brother's, so u should take charge and decide on your own wat u wan and like to keep.

Haha, be careful of your brother, he may slowly take over your nano tank!

Nano tank is fun and simple to maintain, but dun keep octopus la, den the whole tank will only be one octopus, v boring.

!!

lol. yah i tried to brainwash him that day.

"want to keep ventralis anthias? one or two is ok since they're very non-active fishes like sunburst anthias"

!!

lol. yah i tried to brainwash him that day.

"want to keep ventralis anthias? one or two is ok since they're very non-active fishes like sunburst anthias"

OMG u are psycho-ing him to keep ventralis!!

I can foresee his nano tank will be filled with fishes like colini, ventralis, whitecap goby etc etc. All your favourite fishes.

Bear grlls, your brother is a big threat, u mux say NO! to his suggestions!

But whitecap goby is nice, there still a goby+shrimp pair at CF at affordable price. Easy fish to keep so i encourage u to get it.