My Random Inputs

straydum

• SRC Member

Is there a recent shipment of Terelabrus???

i don't think it was a recent shippment, more like left over livestock more prone to hiding.

very nice C. oxycephala,

but as with most damsels, it will grow up into a duller specimen with very little or no blue left.

yes i've seen the adult on google and it is quite saddening to know the colours won't last :( hopefully proper care and feedings would prolong the hold of colours just a little longer but it'd probably be futile.

for those interested, there's still one left at iwarna's frag tank but i'm not sure if its for sale.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer

proper care and feeding would make the colours gone faster.

the colour change is based on transition from juvenile to adult. and proper care and feeding would make them grow faster and thus, change faster.

many damsels scattered across multiple genus show colour change from juv to adults. so best is to check before buying. i've made the mistake before and it's terribly hard to get them out once they are ugly and territorial!

C. oxycephala is not that bad. the ones from the genus Neoglyphidodon is the worst.

• SRC Member

ah right you got me there.. why didn't i think of that, better care would most definitely boost growth.

its a pity those in the Neoglyphidodon genus look so good as juveniles, Neoglyphidodon crossi for instance. they always tempted me when i see them :lol:

Neoglyphidodon%20crossi.JPG

Terelabrus sp. pair :)

This is not terelabrus, it is Hologymnosus doliatus (also known as candycane wrasse). Occasionally appear at AM and Ah Beng indo shipment.

It will grow huge and start to lose its stripes at 3":

Hodol_m0SM.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member