My Random Inputs

straydum

The Dino eggs from you are colouring up nicely, but the blue/red (superman??) is somewhat dull in colours(though encrusting).

Will share pic with you over the next few days after I take the photos.

haha i think the blue/red (fake superman) should be from me. lol. I check from the net, the real superman monti is blue base and red poly, but the indo version is blue base with brown poly. =p

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't remember passing you any superman :lol: but i think you meant the blue polyp one. just got an id on it 5 mins ago,

Montipora peltiformis

lg-45301-plating.jpg

i think the dulling part is good, probably browned out when i first got it too, but mine's something like this now :)

Wow is this the same as the one I get from u? Mine still brown base and blue poly. Do u place it under high lighting?

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)

• SRC Member

Oh my... browsing your thread is also very poisonous...

bro you should join in too :evil: don't hesitate! :heh:

Wow is this the same as the one I get from u? Mine still brown base and blue poly. Do u place it under high lighting?

same piece bro. you mean like this?

A1017_PS.jpg

mine's on the sand bed under 4x24w t5. i won't say its high lighting.

i find montis hard to hold colour. the blue polyp one lightened up on the sand bed while my pokerstar (just beside it) darkened. different specimens seem to have a different sweet spot of the colours

bro you should join in too :evil: don't hesitate! :heh:

same piece bro. you mean like this?

A1017_PS.jpg

mine's on the sand bed under 4x24w t5. i won't say its high lighting.

i find montis hard to hold colour. the blue polyp one lightened up on the sand bed while my pokerstar (just beside it) darkened. different specimens seem to have a different sweet spot of the colours

yup something like that, btw the pokerstar i get from u turning into raindow monti, the side is having orange poly. Does your pokerstar monti have all green poly?

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

• SRC Member

yup something like that, btw the pokerstar i get from u turning into raindow monti, the side is having orange poly. Does your pokerstar monti have all green poly?

ehh mine too. my pokerstar is slowing going rainbow while my other rainbow is going superman :superman: also don't know what is going on.

Wow Ur collection of monti is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::score:

thanks for the kind words bro :D

but mine still nothing compared to your sps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

nice pics! :thumbsup:

oh btw bro, for the 1st piece (encrusting monti), what do u think is the best way to retain the blue polyps? i find that mine under too high lights will lose the blueness in the polyps as well..

• SRC Member

nice pics! :thumbsup:

oh btw bro, for the 1st piece (encrusting monti), what do u think is the best way to retain the blue polyps? i find that mine under too high lights will lose the blueness in the polyps as well..

thanks bro

that first picture isn't the same blue polyp monti. its another one that's more of neon with significantly larger polyps that can be seen moving with the waves like stylos. the original blue polyp seems that it needs to be played with for different tanks. from what i know so far,

too little light = very dark brown base with intense blue polyps (like the very first picture of page 1)

too much light = very pale brown base with very pale blue polyps

i'd feel that the sweet spot should be somewhere in the more light area so i'm still shifting it higher to get it like the one in the picture from LA but will still take awhile <_< it would probably depend on what colour you're trying to achieve in the end :)

• SRC Member

How bout a FTS? ^_^

haha if i post a fts every one would see how a much of a mess my tank is. like some lfs sale tank with stuff all around. need to do a reorg soon :paiseh:

Nice nice. I like the first monti!!!

that picture doesn't do justice! its the first monti i have seen with polyps that are large enough to move with the waves! the next time you come by you'd understand what i mean.

Stray, got blue polyp monti, sell 1 frag to me.

mike

hey mike i can pass you a frag no problem. just let me know when you want it :)

whats the two type of zoas (pink with purple skirting and the Pink+Purple with green skirting) btw? It's really nice..

i think the pink with purple skirt is actually be a sunkist :lol: sorry my cam didn't catch the orange. the other one should be a normal eagle eyes or watermelons. quite commonly found zoas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

added this little guy in recently, seems to be a Chrysiptera oxycephala. doesn't seem too common to me and google didn't give much either.

damsel.jpg

Chrysiptera_oxycephala.jpg

(not my photos)

just love the blue head and how it fades in. my Chromis retrofasciata isn't being friendly at the moment but i hope it settles in soon. already feeding on frozen :wub: i still see my Belonepterygion fasciolatum so it must be getting its food somehow. pity the only was to see it was to set the flashlight on the tank in the middle of the night and catch a glance of it before it zooms away. the red tail is really stunning.

• SRC Member

found half a sea hare in my mp10, the half body moved a little when i touched it :( i was really starting to like that little guy. sigh..

corals and fishes still doing okay. no nuking yet :nuke:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

small updates,

i've tried it and potassium iodide does work for blues in sps. for those who're having trouble with that colour may want to consider giving it a try but with caution. its no miracle blue dye for our corals.patience and careful monitoring is surely a necessity for dosing.

all fishes are still around and well! a little bickering between the blackbar chromis and the rest but no damage thankfully. most recently added a pair of Terelabrus sp. its interesting to watch them swim together. when one is spooked and darts another direction, the other turns and follows. hopefully it stays that way. feeding seems easy and bellies aren't sunken so fingers crossed!

small updates,

i've tried it and potassium iodide does work for blues in sps. for those who're having trouble with that colour may want to consider giving it a try but with caution. its no miracle blue dye for our corals.patience and careful monitoring is surely a necessity for dosing.

all fishes are still around and well! a little bickering between the blackbar chromis and the rest but no damage thankfully. most recently added a pair of Terelabrus sp. its interesting to watch them swim together. when one is spooked and darts another direction, the other turns and follows. hopefully it stays that way. feeding seems easy and bellies aren't sunken so fingers crossed!

Is there a recent shipment of Terelabrus???

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp