Can i add a big sohal??

Hi guys im currently running a fowlr tank and ive got several tangs and starter fish inside, the thing is i have a purple tang, 2 blue tangs, 1 yellow tang, 1 naso and 2 achilles tangs. Does anybody have advice as im thinking of adding in a large sohal tang to my collection of tangs.. im just worried about how the achillles will react to that and does anybody have experience keeping sohals and achilles together??

• Senior Reefer

IMO, best is not to.

don't disturb the peace of the tank.

the achilles looks healthy and adding a sohal might ruin everything. and there's already alot of tangs in there.

achilles very aggressive. sohal is even worse.

Imo, adding Sohal now is okay. Provided, its a larger/stronger/healthy fish.

As its very aggressive, it will be able to fight for territory and food in your FOWLR.

Best is, QT the new Sohal, then once its stablised and feeding on the food you are throwing, add it during lights off. Thats the best strategy.

Your tank looks long and wide, good for sohal to do its "Sprint and e-turn" stun! :)

My few cents opinion for your consideration.

Hi guys im currently running a fowlr tank and ive got several tangs and starter fish inside, the thing is i have a purple tang, 2 blue tangs, 1 yellow tang, 1 naso and 2 achilles tangs. Does anybody have advice as im thinking of adding in a large sohal tang to my collection of tangs.. im just worried about how the achillles will react to that and does anybody have experience keeping sohals and achilles together??

Bro, wait till your AT is very stable and you are confident then add your Sohal. Dun worry about getting sohal cos it is always available and a easy fish to keep. In addition, Sohal can grow very fast. Therefore, I would advise you to get a smaller one.

IMO, best is not to.

don't disturb the peace of the tank.

the achilles looks healthy and adding a sohal might ruin everything. and there's already alot of tangs in there.

achilles very aggressive. sohal is even worse.

hmm yea im actually considering very hard upon the fact that sohals may actually terrorize my achilles

Imo, adding Sohal now is okay. Provided, its a larger/stronger/healthy fish.

As its very aggressive, it will be able to fight for territory and food in your FOWLR.

Best is, QT the new Sohal, then once its stablised and feeding on the food you are throwing, add it during lights off. Thats the best strategy.

Your tank looks long and wide, good for sohal to do its "Sprint and e-turn" stun! :)

My few cents opinion for your consideration.

haha thats what im thinking too lol cos the tank sure would look nice with a sohal cruising along, but i would definitely qt the sohal for a long time if i do wana add him..

Bro, wait till your AT is very stable and you are confident then add your Sohal. Dun worry about getting sohal cos it is always available and a easy fish to keep. In addition, Sohal can grow very fast. Therefore, I would advise you to get a smaller one.

dont worry bro like i promised u b4, it would be a good 2 months before i even begin to quarantine new fishes..but if i add a smaller one wont the sohal get minced up by the 2 achilles? plus my purple and yellow are pretty ferocious to newcomers already, i consider it a miracle as they both took to the achilles tangs rather easily.. phew

dont worry bro like i promised u b4, it would be a good 2 months before i even begin to quarantine new fishes..but if i add a smaller one wont the sohal get minced up by the 2 achilles? plus my purple and yellow are pretty ferocious to newcomers already, i consider it a miracle as they both took to the achilles tangs rather easily.. phew

Hi bro,

May I know what are the dimensions of your tank? Am planning to do something similar.... thanks. My ST is now in QT....

• SRC Member

That's a huge tank dude! Adding that into it shouldn't be a problem la but like what orsony say.Let them stable Liao then put lo. No rush.

Once again. Patience is very important in reefing.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

i was thinking not to mix sohal in anymore, instead i wana set up another 4ft tank, anybody think its a good idea to try to keep more than 1 sohals? maybe like 3 or 4 haha

Hi bro,it's rather boring to hv group of sohals bcoz after awhile our eyes

wld get tired of it n new plans wld arise.not to mention they grow quite big

eventually.

Ur large tank wld be nice to add more mixture of angels be it dwarf or large.

Tangs n butterflyfish will also enhance ur tank.just get stocks tht will add

nice color,pattern n shapes.

A colorful n beautiful fishes will make ur day after a hard day at work.

It's just my humble opinion.