Use of Eductor

Terryz_

• SRC Member

tried a DIY one before and it works! but it was too bulky thats why i took it down. best for large tanks where an eductor will seem really small and out of sight but in a nano its screaming for attention :yahoo:

works alot better in larger tanks because of the greater flowrates of higher pressure. here's an RC thread on eductors which i've bookmarked for awhile now :)

tried a DIY one before and it works! but it was too bulky thats why i took it down. best for large tanks where an eductor will seem really small and out of sight but in a nano its screaming for attention :yahoo: works alot better in larger tanks because of the greater flowrates of higher pressure. here's an RC thread on eductors which i've bookmarked for awhile now :)

Most of the links are dead :( , can try this link http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1950606

Think I'm going to try making one!

tried a DIY one before and it works! but it was too bulky thats why i took it down. best for large tanks where an eductor will seem really small and out of sight but in a nano its screaming for attention :yahoo:

works alot better in larger tanks because of the greater flowrates of higher pressure. here's an RC thread on eductors which i've bookmarked for awhile now :)

Most of the links are dead :( , can try this link http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1950606

Think I'm going to try making one!

Actually there is already ready made eductor... So actually I am thinking of those...

Just wanna know if it will really increase the flow..

This one have a more diffused flow compared to normal eductor...

swift_test.jpg

Swirl.jpg

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

yes there are ready made ones but they're not cheap and personally i feel not worth the money for the materials. the last time i was there, RD sells them at around 1 blue note or slightly less if i'm not wrong

Not even half the price if we import from Overseas but I cannot do a BO as our sponsers are carrying it...

Member of:

Our return is fitted with 2 of these.. based on the write up i think it generate like 3 times the power and we did feel it so in that respect i think it works..

Hi Leslie, Same brand???

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

Nope... ours is black and it does not spread out like this... It was brought in my RB... they actually bought online for us iirc..

Okay, It is actually the same... I will order mine after CNY...

THanks for all the inputs!!!

Member of:

Mine is a DIY one hidden in a separate compartment of my main tank powered by a AB2000 and only the 5mm of the outlet is viewable from the outside. My initial intention was to safe on the cost of wavemaker.

I have tried with and without eductor and can see the different. However, I think eductor is not popular due to the fact that wavemaker are a better option unless you intend connect the eductor to a return pipe which you can't use wavemaker.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Mine is a DIY one hidden in a separate compartment of my main tank powered by a AB2000 and only the 5mm of the outlet is viewable from the outside. My initial intention was to safe on the cost of wavemaker.

I have tried with and without eductor and can see the different. However, I think eductor is not popular due to the fact that wavemaker are a better option unless you intend connect the eductor to a return pipe which you can't use wavemaker.

Ya, i think Gouldian is right. The penductor is busy for return outlets which you don't use wavemaker.. it supposedly give a 400% boost so the flow is actually quite strong.

I only using a MP40, so thinking of using the eductor to attach it to the return running on a Reeflo Dart, to give more flow so that the food that I dose will be more evenly distributed...

Member of: