Newbie SPS

Hello and Good Morning, I've recently started keeping SPS and was wondering if there are any more "easy" to keep SPS besides birdnest monti? i was looking forward in getting some SPS from GO but got really confuse. was looking thru GO list of SPS but have no idea which SPS i can try to keep.

Can anyone advice me on which are they hardy ones among the SPS family?

Thank you.

• SRC Member

Hello and Good Morning, I've recently started keeping SPS and was wondering if there are any more "easy" to keep SPS besides birdnest monti? i was looking forward in getting some SPS from GO but got really confuse. was looking thru GO list of SPS but have no idea which SPS i can try to keep.

Thank you.

You go to Cedic's house and buy...

He can recommend you all types of easy corals he have..

You will need a couple of hours to choose.. see n see but dun know wat to buy.. :ooh:

Will want to bring them all home.. :idea:

One of the easy one is Sunset Milli..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Thank you.

Hi bro, I think if u can keep birdnest and monti then your water parameter should be more or less ok. Should be able to try other kind of SPS like milli,...etc. I feel keeping them not so diffcult maintain the colour is the difficult part. Like my tank can maintain most of the blue and purple SPS but come to red then cannot liao.

Cedric place is a good place to go also. His frag all very stable and at best colour already, easier to start and maintain. :cheers:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

I dont dare to go to his place anymore last time i went kena fined =\ hurhur

i will look out for Sunset Milli n staghorn.

So should i still get something from GO this coming SPS shipment? hmmmm

What u mean kana fined? Where u park your car?

It is better to buy Cedric's sps, it is more stable then u buy in any LFS.

Suceed rate is 99.9% more higher compare to LFS that is why I prefer.

Sps when arrive during shipment from LFS may be injured, starved or dead but coloured flesh still cover nicely.

Suceed rate may be low like 50%. "Pls correct me if im wrong.."

Unless u buy one that is already there for at least a month.. or weeks maybe..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

What u mean kana fined? Where u park your car?

It is better to buy Cedric's sps, it is more stable then u buy in any LFS.

Suceed rate is 99.9% more higher compare to LFS that is why I prefer.

Sps when arrive during shipment from LFS may be injured, starved or dead but coloured flesh still cover nicely.

Suceed rate may be low like 50%. "Pls correct me if im wrong.."

Unless u buy one that is already there for at least a month.. or weeks maybe..

Hmmm not so bad la, Just that maybe the colour will be off a bit due to shipment. GO is known for their premium coral so most of their coral are healthy.

If all SPS wait for a month or weeks to buy then there will be no one chiong during shipment day liao. <_<

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Thanks bro for the kind and constructive comments :thumbsup:

Beside the parking fine issue, I think most bros enjoy their time at my place :chair:

I think Singapore LFS has a significant role in contributing to the reefing scene here. Without them, we reefers wouldnt have access to all thses beautiful corals around the world, we need to pay tribute to them :groupwavereversed:

As to whether LFS or home-base corals, hahaa..i really think this is a non-issue at all.

IMHO I realised that most bros who bought frags generally enjoys the convinience of having to buy their favourite sps/zoas frags which LFS may not have stock or no access at all. In such cases, home base frags meets their need to obtain their particular favourite zoas/sps.

For example, Purple Death is one of zoas collectors favourite colltion, till now I have not heard of any LFS who has brought in any of such shippment. The spread of this beautiful zoas is only make possible via hard-core reefers who has taken the risk to order them from oversea and risking DOA / time and effort. Now Purple Death is available to reefers at affordable price.

As to the issue of success rate, I agree with mini-reefer and mengyang that home base frags can be alot easier to keep but shippment corals can be equally good. The advantages of a colourful frags are stable and usually pest free...but hor prepare to pay at a higher price lor :upsidedown:

At the end of the day, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are always so many reason why ppl do things, let the market force decide...anyway imo, LFS corals and home base frags meets different needs :friends:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...