Tanggy

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Hmm...friendship price comes with friendship gifts...scratches and chip-offs? hehe... no offences just joking lah. Anyway Roidan your tanks looks fantastic.

Bro Tanggy, yours is fabulous too! How bigs the sump? Looks quite big from here? From the pics, it seems to matches your floor color. Well-blended. 

Thanks. But wont know untill I finish doing up the whole thing then know wether look nice or not. :P

The sump is 3.5x1.5x1.5ft. Wanted a 4ft sump bout will restrict the pump placement. So have to settle for 3.5ft lor. :(

As for the colour, my floor is a darker brown. The colour I choose is meant to match my living room carpantry. :heh:

Kinda DSB. Will be putting around 3-4 inches of #0 sand in the main tank. And arounf 4-5inch in the sump. Both return pumps will be placed externally to reduce heat.

bro....

the DSB must be almost as big as the main tank otherwise denitrification benefits are negligible....i suggest u pile on the sand in the main tank since your sump tank has alot of compartments that reduced the space you can put DSB... :)

Hmm...friendship price comes with friendship gifts...scratches and chip-offs? hehe... no offences just joking lah. Anyway Roidan your tanks looks fantastic.

yeah lor....

wat to do...lol....frenship prices come with frenship gifts...that must be accepted with both hands with frenship attitude also...haha...

• SRC Member
hmm me been wondering one thing...

if u put some smal amount of sand on the 2nd last part of yor sump to help in filter your water wonder if it does help or just plain useless...

The last few compartment are meant tobe empty except for sponge to remove bubbles and dirt. As for the DSB, will have 4 inch in the tank and 5-6 in the centre of the sump. Still think 6inch in the main tank is too ulgy. But true is DSB only in the sump, not enough as my centre section quite small.

• SRC Member

Not MIA la. just no time..... BZ cleaning piping etc. Just finish the piping on Monday. Did a wet run with 2 temp return pump. Just finish washing 12 of #0 sand now sand in main tank. gonna put salt tonight.

The piping took longer than expected. Cos do not want everything to be glued dead. so employ a lot of unions so can change layout if required later. :(

• SRC Member

O not that very soon.. somewhere in May..

but just purchase a new skimmer for the new tank.. think mostly I will go for a 5, 2.5, 2.5

Now currently looking for new job and better pay... lolz.. time to switch job.

Just got my promption last month hehehe and now going to switch job..

• SRC Member

Great size, will be very nice viewing from front. Wanted that size. but the cabinet will be very imposing to my living room's decor. Sticking out from the wall 2 & 1/2 ft. Also I considered the maintenance. No way to reach the back. unless not placing against wall la. If not have to go swiming!! ke ke... :lol:

• SRC Member

Pipe as in rubber hose?? I did my all with unions at the major joints. So I can change the layout but just removing the unwanted pvc and adding new one. May try converting one of the 2 output to become a close loop. For me, cannot use too long hose leh. The check valve and the ball valve is so long liaoz. un less I left out the ball valve. but just in case I need to service the check valve can still switch off the water.

• SRC Member

i thought u already go swimming in your new tank...

lolz.. anyway me got no problem cuase me placing it beside my living sofa.. plus it will be a 3 side view tank.. so reaching any side of the tank is not a problem..

the only painful side is the height, i need to climb and bend to put any coral later part when the tank is running...

when setting up it's not a problem as I'm not going to fully fill it with water when i'm placing the LR..

tanggy -> u got use back your old tank water...

me thinking of using half of the old tank water to add into the new tank..so as to speed up the process of cycling..

• SRC Member
i thought u already go swimming in your new tank...

lolz..

No la. prefer a big bath tub and no need chiller, just hot water with hot babe in the tub with me!! ke ke

anyway me got no problem cuase me placing it beside my living sofa.. plus it will be a 3 side view tank.. so reaching any side of the tank is not a problem..

Good lor. can service from both side then 2.5 no prob liaoz. In fact, 3ft even better!! Mine against wall so no choice.

the only painful side is the height, i need to climb and bend to put any coral later part when the tank is running...

Just go for a swim lor. then no prob liaoz!! lolz :lol:

when setting up it's not a problem as I'm not going to fully fill it with water when i'm placing the LR..

tanggy -> u got use back your old tank water...

me thinking of using half of the old tank water to add into the new tank..so as to speed up the process of cycling..

I plan to. draw from my QT tank and replace part of the water in the new one. then take water from the main and replace the QT one lor. this way, I get new water in my old QT and old water in my new tank.