Tanggy

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

hmm.... sure that's a deresa?? Thought squamosa... can see pronounced scutes and the pattern looks like sqamosa.. anyway reborn got anything nice to buy? LPS? Need to get calsium and NO2 NO3 test kits and maybe a yellow tang for my tank! :) How to get there?

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Why do you say that?? they get suck into the pumps?? stuck in the overflow??

I think there are some discussion in the general reef secton on this that they are toxic when they died, causing the tank to clash.

Cause of death could be what you have mentioned.

• SRC Member

Yap! same as roidan. 0.5 HP. Running around 12-14 hrs daily to keep the temp between 25-26deg C.

May be upgrading the lights to eith 3x250 or 2x400watt MH in a few months. Then have to change to 1HP liaoz..... but see first. Priority now is to get a good skimmer. :D

Alan. Cant wait to see what you have in mind for your new tank. You planning 5ft rite?? :lol:

• SRC Member
RA680 only using 1/4hp compressor.

Hmm.... not too sure bout that cos europe they dont rate this way. They weight by wattage. 440watt. The wattage will idicate it's equivalent to our 1/2hp. But doesnt matter. so long as it can do the job and save power, dont care if its a 1/4, 1/2 or 1/10. actually if can work, the smaller the better since I am the one paying for the elect bill! ke ke.... :lol:

• SRC Member

Well my point exactly lor. save power!! if only 200watt even better!! means even less power bill to pay. Anyway did open it up. dont state HP on the compressor. Dont think it's a good way to judge by size. anyway it's bigger than my last 1/4HP.

But dont wish to get into a discussion about chiller size here coz already did start a thread to discuss that issue. ke ke.... hope you dont mind.

i also using the same chiller to cool my 6ft....doesn't operate all the time and from what i notice, also about tanggy's runtime...

maybe coz my tank has no direct sunlight in a cooler part of the house...

whole utilities bill increase due to this 6fter tank + 2fter clam tank is about $80...i dun bother to work backwards to find out how long my chiller works...

but as long as it can work...and the electricity bill is within my expectations....its fine :P

• SRC Member

tanggy -> hmm me planning for a 5ft by 2.5 by 2.5..

I have already got a skimmer lor easier for me to cal how big i want my sump to be also.. lolz... tank have not even make I have already start stocking..

was thinking of 1hp chiller now heard .5hp can work on you ppls tank.. then go for .5hp instead..

• SRC Member

I think there are some discussion in the general reef secton on this that they are toxic when they died, causing the tank to clash.

Cause of death could be what you have mentioned.

not sure about that one but I dun thing all seaslugs are bad.. I had 2 seahares (aka sea rabbits, seaslugs, etc) which died on me. Nothing happened to my tank.

Only thing about these creatures is that they die for no reason. Can't be no food coz I bought another huge blue sponge for them. Even my 2 small anemones, which has been in my tank longer, survived till now.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Well not sure about the run time coz you'll have 25% more water than my tank due to the extra 0.5 ft in width. alson depends on other factors like light used, pumps placement , powerhead used etc. if you plan to use 1/2 horse, better plan your tank so equipement will generate min heat. Also ventilation of your MH lights will be very important.

Will be getting a clip on DC fan to see if cooling time will decrease if fan is used to blow acroos the light to cool the air directly under the light. Also see if evaporation if 1 fan is used is acceptable or not. :lol:

• SRC Member

o dont worry.. my place there very windy.. plus me planning to use 4 fan for cooling..

I wont be running the temp at 25. instead at 27 or maybe lower 26.. so as what alot have clam.. using fan can reduce 1 to 2 degree..

so let say today temp is 29 for room.. and fan reduce 2 degree then will be 27 degree.. lolz then I dont even need to on my chiller..

when the MH start will heat up the water for the fan help to cool everything down.. or spread the heat away...

this way i think better.. I will be getting a auto water top up either tabby or something else..