surprise at East Coast Park Bedok Jetty

CFOh

Was family cycling at east coast today... Spotted some rare basket star (Astrophyton muricatum) at fishing corner, trapped by fish net.. Just add document here.. :)

post-9248-0-31020700-1295188982_thumb.jp

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

wah basket star!

rare indeed! 0% survival rate in captivity. even harder to keep than crinoids.

Actually easier than crinoids... Basket star can take larger food source like mysis and cyclopeeze unlike crinoids which take only small micron food...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

wah basket star!

rare indeed! 0% survival rate in captivity. even harder to keep than crinoids.

Ya, This is the first time I saw it real beside books or internet.. Anyway, we release it back to sea eventually... :)

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

already dead ? should have been placed back :erm:

No, still alive.. below r some videos captured... :)

I WANT!!!! Been looking for one!!!

Oops, Sorry Terry....back to sea leo... :cheers:

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

terryz basket star you also want to keep!?

don't keep this kind of exotic and difficult creatures lah! easier than crinoid but still difficult.

If Crinoid is possible, why not Basket star... And they have a svmbotic relation with gorgonian and seafans, it is interesting and challenging to keep them...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Interesting find you got there and thank you for freeing and releasing it back to the wild.

If you find the below basket star, you may keep it.

bbx19.jpg

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Interesting find you got there and thank you for freeing and releasing it back to the wild.

If you find the below basket star, you may keep it.

bbx19.jpg

You are a joker with a conscience, unlike me who also wants to keep all exotic animals. So far i have kept poison dart frogs, salamanders, scorpions, snakes,beetles,radiant tor,leopard tor, star tor, fishes,birds,insects,carnviore plants,dogs..etc....

cheers

• SRC Member

Wow... Didnt noe tat u r also an exotic lover... Im once keep exotic pet until my juv boa python escape n sleep beside my mum... She was shock n fall sick for almost 1mth. Since then i stop keeping tis animal.... :P

Wow... Didnt noe tat u r also an exotic lover... Im once keep exotic pet until my juv boa python escape n sleep beside my mum... She was shock n fall sick for almost 1mth. Since then i stop keeping tis animal.... :P

You are cool, your mum certainly not. I kept ant sized crickets in pails to feed my poison dart frogs. And now, after some many years, i still find these crickets in my house now and then. I think there is a nest somewhere,\.haha..

• SRC Member

You are a joker with a conscience, unlike me who also wants to keep all exotic animals. So far i have kept poison dart frogs, salamanders, scorpions, snakes,beetles,radiant tor,leopard tor, star tor, fishes,birds,insects,carnviore plants,dogs..etc....

cheers

Kept a number of these things too when I was younger. Gaining more understanding of them make me more conscientious over the years...

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

You are cool, your mum certainly not. I kept ant sized crickets in pails to feed my poison dart frogs. And now, after some many years, i still find these crickets in my house now and then. I think there is a nest somewhere,\.haha..

Ahakz... In e future if u intend to sell the house, mus cal pest buster first... Hehe... :P

• 3 months later...