its beautiful because its uncommon and expensive...

dnsfpl

anyone guilty of the statement above?

fall in love with helfrichi firefish but imo purple firefish is as beautiful

thinking for 2 weeks already but couldnt bear to spend so much on this fish

ps not saying cheap fish are not beautiful okay, if flame me means you guilty :P

• Senior Reefer

i never buy fish that i do not like.

even if it's v rare and cheap, if i don't like it, i will not buy it.

i only buy stuff that excites me. unfortunately, i'm very fascinated with hybrids and rare fish.

not because they are rare or hybrids. that's very superficial. behind every fish is an interesting story. a wonderful and interesting story that explains the nature of the fish and how the fish evolved etc etc.

i know it's very sciency and very geeky, but each fish paints a different story and it's the story and the rarity and the novelty that intrigues me and make me want to buy it.

like the colini angelfish. it's rare, it's expensive and it's beautiful. but if i buy it, i won't say i bought it for those three reason. i will say because colini angel is a very unique and special dwarf angel. it has only one closest relative and it's found in the extreme depths of cook islands and nearby waters. that is, the narcosis angel. i find the idea of it being related to a legendary angel like the narcosis angel very fascinating and makes me like the fish more!

and for example mitratus butterfly. it's rare and expensive. but i dont buy it coz of those two reasons. i buy it because it's closely related to the 4 other roaps butterfly it shares it's lineage with. but yet it looks the most different from all other 4 because of allopatric speciation. charle's darwin's theory of evolution is at play and mitratus buttefly portrays this very well.

so this is my reason.

every one will have different reasons. unfortunately mine is very geeky.

but sometimes i am guilty of buying fish just coz they are rare and expensive :P

i think everyone is guilty to a certain extent no? haha.