A devil in my tank

yellowtang

• SRC Member

Bro, try this method that i always use - Sudden lights-on method.

In the evening, after turning off all your room and tank lights, wait for the fishes to go into the night 'sleeping' mode, then after an hour or more, turn on all the tank lights (full blast). The fishes should be swimming out in the open disorientated and you simply just scoop up your target. If you know where your bellus hide, can use a long ballon stick to 'chase' it out into the open.

Works for my tangs and angels, except some wrasses though. If your bellus hides very deep in the liverock, there's a chance it might not work also. But since this method is so easy to use, no harm trying.

Hope this method works for you. Good luck.

Rise and Shine...no...it rains. not a very good omen.. Still a very good morning to all.

Slept well lastnite, knowing that reefers are on hand to help me. Ms Bell, hope you sleep well too. It could be your last nite. <_<

I was fuming mad later. Ms Bell swam past me 3X as i faced the tank, All flared up and displacing total defiance and no sign of guilt or remorse. A direct confrontation. A 369 gangster stare to challenge a fight. :angry2:

Hell knows no fury a reefer ( after woman, off course ) scorned. Vengeance i declared. So intense an emotion, that i was not aware that i had finished the bread i was holding and bitting off a slice of my finger. :blink:

Cool it , mike. Public ( reefers ) sentiment is strong. Do not use excessive force or brutality to the fish, especially its an ANGEL. Dont want SPCA to come knocking my door. :pinch:

So its gonna be a fair battle.1 hook , 1 bait,no sinker. Match time 7 to 8 pm. I will put the angel where it should rightly belongs. Hell... for the fallen angel :agreed:

cheers <_<

• SRC Member

Please don't kill the poor fish, it's just doing what it is supposed to do in nature - survive.

Maybe try to catch it in the dark. Diurnal fishes cannot see very clearly and are less active at night.

Lastly, even if it's a full grown adult at 7 inches, it should still be trappable using Bro Kiko's DIY method on a 2 liter soda bottle.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

bro if u intend to use a fishing hook, do de-barb the hook first before using - lesser damage to the fish and easier to release. Just use a pair of needlenose pliers to crush the barb. PM me if you need more info.

Yes Sir. Be kind to animals.I will do that ( i think ) <_<

I can smell the gun fire..... oh no...war coming....Human Vs Fish :groupwavereversed: !

All set for the showdown ! Only one will left standing. Stay tuned.

watever u do, plz do not harm the fish nor killing it... im off on wed... maybe i wil come over to ur place if by then u stil haven catch the fish... will call u to confirm... poor fish... :(

Very sentiment, Mr CG. :thumbsup: No death sentence if she surrenders to me this evening

that's a very beautiful bellus. pls don't kill it......

bellus angels are not very common fishes and finding a healthy one is difficult. yours looks to be a very gorgeous female specimen in it's prime.

angels are attracted to dying or unhealthy corals. corals that are receeding, bleaching, injured are all beacons to the angels. you sure the acan was super healthy in it's prime?

just to give the fish the benefit of the doubt.

if not, then by all means remove the fish. it's not worth it to let a bellus angel eat up your expensive corals.

but i urge you one more time don't kill it.

that's a gorgeous specimen and if no one want it, i want it. but looks as though many people here are interested in it. it will have a good home.

LL, You are absolutely correct. The coral was injured and the angel took a bite and ever since has a liking for it.Worse to come, she started to like all the other acans, nipping them for fun. A human eating tiger needs to be put away! Alright..dont kill it ( if she cooperates ) :agreed:

Agree wit lemon... Alot of people wanna hav tat fish including myself... If by wed stil cant catch, i wil cal u n i will help u catch k...

Cool! I will contact you this evening, if i wave the white flag. :pirate:

This Bellus is one of the most healthiest and beautiful as far as a female bellus could go... Please do not try to kill it... ... Using a coral as bait will work...

Dont kill it.. dont kill it... OK lah! Reefers are so soft hearted.. :peace:

erm... ever thought of re-scaping ur tank?? this will be a added reason y u should..

OMG :lol: another mad reefer... come to think of it, not a bad excuse to upgrade to a bigger tank... :bow:

Bro, try this method that i always use - Sudden lights-on method.

In the evening, after turning off all your room and tank lights, wait for the fishes to go into the night 'sleeping' mode, then after an hour or more, turn on all the tank lights (full blast). The fishes should be swimming out in the open disorientated and you simply just scoop up your target. If you know where your bellus hide, can use a long ballon stick to 'chase' it out into the open.

Works for my tangs and angels, except some wrasses though. If your bellus hides very deep in the liverock, there's a chance it might not work also. But since this method is so easy to use, no harm trying.

Hope this method works for you. Good luck.

I tried. Very effective to capture Tangs ! Angels move in and out of rockwork. Very swift.Difficult. Thanks for your method.

cheers

• Senior Reefer

i can tell you are the type who love your corals way too much. i suggest next time you don't buy anymore angels and butterflies. even swallowtail angels from this genus, genicanthus. there will always be a risk even if it's 1%, it's still a risk. although most of the time genicanthus are reef safe, copperbands are reef safe and a whole bunch of them are reef safe, i still see before cases of them eating corals. it's not all the time, but it's rare enough to be isolated but not counted.

i have a declivis buttefly which is suposedly only 50% reef safe, yet it has not eaten a single coral up to now. you on the other hand, have a bellus which is supposedly 90% safe, but still it eat.

as i've said, dying corals are a beacon. that's wat attracted it in the first place.

its not the fish's fault. it's not your fault also if you decide to buy it and take the risk.

however, it will become your fault the minute you kill it or take revenge on it. it's a fish. it knows nothing! so don't think of it as a revengeful evil fish. it's just minding it's own bussiness, unaware of your emotions.

trust me i've seen a great deal of bellus angels in my life. this is one of the most beautiful specimen. it will fetch a high price if you want to sell it.

Young Alex5, you are my witness. I dont do the Ms Bell wrong. BTW, hope you do well in your "O" levels. I asked you to sms me yr result, didnt I? P Tang, ok ?

Thanks, CG. I will break the tank to get her ! Maybe i should put a octopus in ? My no. 82010133.

cheers

Showdown huh? haha, well good luck on you catching the fish, thats why i nvr dare touch angels ever :whistle

O level okok only, cannot make it to dream school but all the best.

Purple tang very healthy, now the boss of my tank :pirate:, eating like a pig, don't worry its in good hands :groupwavereversed: next time see can take photo show you :cheers:

i can tell you are the type who love your corals way too much. i suggest next time you don't buy anymore angels and butterflies. even swallowtail angels from this genus, genicanthus. there will always be a risk even if it's 1%, it's still a risk. although most of the time genicanthus are reef safe, copperbands are reef safe and a whole bunch of them are reef safe, i still see before cases of them eating corals. it's not all the time, but it's rare enough to be isolated but not counted.

i have a declivis buttefly which is suposedly only 50% reef safe, yet it has not eaten a single coral up to now. you on the other hand, have a bellus which is supposedly 90% safe, but still it eat.

as i've said, dying corals are a beacon. that's wat attracted it in the first place.

its not the fish's fault. it's not your fault also if you decide to buy it and take the risk.

however, it will become your fault the minute you kill it or take revenge on it. it's a fish. it knows nothing! so don't think of it as a revengeful evil fish. it's just minding it's own bussiness, unaware of your emotions.

trust me i've seen a great deal of bellus angels in my life. this is one of the most beautiful specimen. it will fetch a high price if you want to sell it.

Yes, i am putting the wrong right. I will remove it not kill it, after all we were once friends :friends: before she turns evil. 20 mins to go before i move in.

Hey whoever goes over to help mike, do video it down on how the fish is trapped. This will be a case study on how to catch fish.

or a failed job.. :thumbdown:

Showdown huh? haha, well good luck on you catching the fish, thats why i nvr dare touch angels ever :whistle

O level okok only, cannot make it to dream school but all the best.

Purple tang very healthy, now the boss of my tank :pirate:, eating like a pig, don't worry its in good hands :groupwavereversed: next time see can take photo show you :cheers:

Dont feed too much. Tangs pollute water.They shit all they eat..Study hard, young man, thats your priority now. :heh:

Cheers

any updates bro?

i love reading your threads,

never fail to tickle me... :lol:

Fisherman also boasts the big one that got away...

I will eat humple pie...the shrewd small one :superman: got away.. :cry2:

You can never hook an angel because it nibbles..

mike 0 :poster_oops: angel 1

I give up liao.. :wacko:

I will call CoolGuy to fix it..

Anyone interested to catch it is welcome, after reefer coolguy.

Catcher..keeper + exotic zoas. :shock:

Call me @ 82010133 for appointment.

Jeers to me, mike :D