Poomoon Upsized

poomoon

• SRC Member

Hi Bros and Sis, haven't updated my thread (Poomoon's Acrylic Cube) for about a year now. Just recently migrated to just a little bigger tank ( 2 x 1.3 x 1.3). Dimension seems kinda wierd, but that's how the cade tank measured. Haven't changed my equipment, still using Tunze Reefpack, Tunze Nanostream, Maxspect 110W. Fishes only paired common clown, paired mandarin, paired flame wrasse, and a yellow (?) angel. Yup seems to be a lover's tank ! Inhabitants are chosen by my CO ... Here's some pics ... sorry mine all common, no gems ...

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

Juvenile Flagfin Angel

thanks bro :thumbsup:

Nice tank bro....

thanks, simple and still empty hehe :upsidedown:

Nice! How come your Maxspect look so dim on the last FTS?

yeah, i think it's my camera, still playing around with it. will post another soon

Hey looks nice enough your tank. :) A couple's tank. hahahaha. :) CUTE la CUTE :welldone:

thanks desi. she's still figuring out what other "couples" can be placed here ... :friends:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

love the flame wrasse pair! :wub:

with them in an open top tank though i wouldn't dare :pinch:

Ya, :agreed: they r super good jumper indeed.. must take note...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Ya, :agreed: they r super good jumper indeed.. must take note...

thanks for the advise bros. :unsure: yeah, not taking risks, currently covered with diffusers. cheers !

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

woah how did you train your mandrian to eat pellets?

honestly bro, i'm not sure ... just by chance.

i got these from a fellow reefer who decommed quite some time ago. they ate frozen mysis and actually saw them do. but when i introduced them to my tank, they starting eating pods, and however i tried later on didn't mind frozen mysis. since my nano didn't have much pods (and that's the reason i got this mandarin pair as they ate frozen) i resorted to trying out live brine. good thing is they willingly did, so problem solved before they go starving. i also replenished my tank with tigger pods. from then on my mandarin's became fat. i since have a small plastic tub aerated which holds my live brine stock for up to 5 days. :whistle

one thing about brine is specially at maturity, they actually lose their nutritional benefits. also, when i load up the brine and tiggers, my selfish clowns especially would consume most of it. the tiggers tens to 'swim up' and they chew them up like nuts. my mandarin's would move like a heat-seeking rocket on these live food, but VERY SLOW ... lasts up to 10 seconds, and by the time they're about to peck on it ... swoosh, intercepted by the clowns ! <_<

so i then started feeding pellets first so all others would get their tummies full before laoding up live feeds. at one time quite some pellets landed around the mandarin, and he just started pecking on them, to his liking that he ate a lot, later on to throw up ! then eat again ... since then he's been eating these pellets, spirulina, LPS food ... mysis, still no. :eyebrow:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

:( just a while ago, i was looking at my female wrasse, suddenly my clown dives fast down, grabs her by back, and carries her around the tank while wiggling wildly time to time :o i quickly tried tapping the glass also while grabbing my turkey blaster, then with a big swing throws her away, and she just start sinking, breathing heavily, until she just drops almost lifeless on the sand. i quickly got her and placed her in quarantine... now she's lying on her side,breathing very heavy, jerking around time to time ... hope she survives this ordeal ... just last night watched octo on human prey about grizzlies ... my clown became one ... :cry2: what suddenly prompted that attack, i wouldn't understand ...

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

awesome tank.

i used to have a mandarin that ate pellets too.

i love your rockscape. minimalist scaping with valley concept.

dont like those that are piled up like building blocks.

Thanks bro ... Yeah before I scaled, I checked out minimalist scaling concepts first as inspiration.

Btw, as update, my female flame, jerked a few more times, seems like her last breath .... Then sank back down the quarantine, now lifeless. That was quite fast ... My clown still checking her time to time, dorsal fin stretched as if want to move again more a kill ... No need, she's already still ... RIP :(

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• Senior Reefer

why die? flames are easy especially the females.

what's your quarantine condition like?

i never quarantine wrasses because i don't see a need. wrasses are almost always disease free upon arrival and are very disease resistant.

angels, clowns, butterflies and tangs are the ones that need more stringent quarantine procedures should you decide to do so.