Sun Wu Kong

lcf425

• SRC Member

i am using not using GFO or carbon only running skimmer and bio pellet :(

I use both and worked well for me so far. GFO to reduce algae food and Carbon to clear up yellowish tint.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

left with

joculater (now no money liao)

Aya butterfly and maze angel and clarion(need to be willing to pay)

sunrise hogfish (need to be willing to pay alot)

masudai hogfish (god knows when it will appear)

haha as of now thats my target and dream list .Meanwhile will need the gang to enlighten me of more fishes in the sea~~~

• SRC Member

Swee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

left with

joculater (now no money liao)

Aya butterfly and maze angel and clarion(need to be willing to pay)

sunrise hogfish (need to be willing to pay alot)

masudai hogfish (god knows when it will appear)

haha as of now thats my target and dream list .Meanwhile will need the gang to enlighten me of more fishes in the sea~~~

If u can get all the above listed into one tank, together with you bandit and conspic, it'll be the most expensive and impressively stocked tank in singapore!

Sadly most of the fishes u listed i've kept them before but were no longer with me, and for two of them, i remain the only person here who has kept them before, which is v lucky of me and is also a great honour for me.

A short video of my new fishes~

please watch in HD 720p

Btw from the video, the bandit looks at least 4". Maybe 4" exactly, but not below that.

But the water still cloudy, but is improving can tell.

Where's the goldflake and AT?

• SRC Member

If u can get all the above listed into one tank, together with you bandit and conspic, it'll be the most expensive and impressively stocked tank in singapore!

Sadly most of the fishes u listed i've kept them before but were no longer with me, and for two of them, i remain the only person here who has kept them before, which is v lucky of me and is also a great honour for me.

yupp can somewhat say following your footstep meanwhile combining them :)

yupp can somewhat say following your footstep meanwhile combining them :)

Following my footsteps?

I don't walk as fast as you la. Within less than 2 weeks u stocked a conspic, bandit and gem tang. I never stock that rapidly.

As other reefers mentioned, u r "fast and furious".

• SRC Member

how come 25 seconds only... take longer lah~

You missed listing Gem Tang on your list.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Following my footsteps?

I don't walk as fast as you la. Within less than 2 weeks u stocked a conspic, bandit and gem tang. I never stock that rapidly.

Bro digiman, its black tang la... Not gems tang.. Lol!!! 

• SRC Member

Following my footsteps?

Only for the few I would say since the rest are not easily obtain I would say ;)

• SRC Member

how come 25 seconds only... take longer lah~

You missed listing Gem Tang on your list.

Still looking at gem carefully as I dunno if it's a fish I like so much till I can pay so much ! Note I dun earn alot !!!

• SRC Member

For those who pm me on if a bandit is easy ,I cannot say as i have only kept it 2days! Although its already feeding on pellets, i need keep it a longer time before i say anything :) Hope you reefers understand :ThanxSmiley:

the male watanabei is stunning.

my second favourite genicanthus angel.

Sorry to dilute jon's thread, my watanabei is showing signs of morphing to a male, black streaks forming at the rear end and sad part is it has pop eye. Which i read could happen due to hormone imbalance, any say on this?

Will get hold of pictures of it's day by day morph.

• Senior Reefer

Sorry to dilute jon's thread, my watanabei is showing signs of morphing to a male, black streaks forming at the rear end and sad part is it has pop eye. Which i read could happen due to hormone imbalance, any say on this?

Will get hold of pictures of it's day by day morph.

never heard of the pop eye being caused by hormone imbalance before.

i've seen a few day to day accounts of morphing genicanthus but never seen pop eyes before so could not be.

but anyway, it will take about 1 month for the morph to finish. or slightly longer.

for watanabei, the start of morphing will be signs of stripes starting to form at the back. slowly they will spread down the belly. as it gets more male and matures more, the number of stripes will also start to increase. next to go will be the little black crown on the forehead that only females have. finally, the tail filaments will change from black to blue. once all this happens, the transformation from female to male is fully complete.

making a log on the transformation process will be very interesting and you'll enjoy noting down the changes. you can use the above guide to track down. very cute.

reverse sex change can happen if you artificially pair males and females yourself. so it's always good to start with females and wait for sex change to happen (like what you did).

this method has a very low chance of reverse sex change. why this happens, i'm not sure. could be because the social interaction between females and females start out strong and then developing into a male will cement the pair and harem status, thus, preventing reverse change.