Sun Wu Kong

lcf425

Very spacious and clean scape. lot of swimming space for the fishes. :welldone:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

It will be quite challenging to hide all the wavemaker as your rock is quite limited. Maybe u can reduce the number of wavemaker as you are not keep SPS, Lps do not need a lot of wave to make them happy. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

yea lo hope ok is not suspect it is due to them ba haha

Hi bro, just wanted to update, the CS is doing well, just moulted last night and scurrying around after light off thus managed to see it. Thanks ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

It will be quite challenging to hide all the wavemaker as your rock is quite limited. Maybe u can reduce the number of wavemaker as you are not keep SPS, Lps do not need a lot of wave to make them happy. =)

noted^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Lastest FTS please give me your comments thanks^^

post-18157-0-43739000-1295264309_thumb.j

is it a pair flame ... newly brought ?

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

nice tank and its filling up nicely.. where did u get those squampinnis aka blue-eyes from? hows your experiences with them? my dad may be considering getting these.. :)

• SRC Member

nice, really swimming tank for your fishes. your true octo is standing out, quite big compared to the rest haha :upsidedown:

Haha thanks ! Want to try minimal scape Ma ^.^ good news now is I can surely see all my fishes ^.^

• SRC Member

nice tank and its filling up nicely.. where did u get those squampinnis aka blue-eyes from? hows your experiences with them? my dad may be considering getting these.. :)

You mean the lyretail sir? If you are I would say they are peaceful and very colorful however I have yet to have a male yet ^^ which I heard they are ugly =( but they dont really school well ! Overall I would give them 8/10 if I would give Bartlett 5/10

• SRC Member

You mean the lyretail sir? If you are I would say they are peaceful and very colorful however I have yet to have a male yet ^^ which I heard they are ugly =( but they dont really school well ! Overall I would give them 8/10 if I would give Bartlett 5/10

yupps, also known as lyretails.. ah icic.. not much anthias school well anyway, not in our tanks.. takes pellets readily? aggressive?

anyway, males are quite commonly seen, usually the fij versions (i think).. the maldives ones look better.. below plucked from Liveaquaria..

1st pic fiji, 2nd pic maldives..

p-26195-Lyretail-Male.jpglg-89659-Maldives-Lyretail-.jpg

• SRC Member

Not aggessive at all ^^ some fed on pellets le took them 1day to feed on frozen then 2days for pellets lo

icic, thanks bro.. :)

• Senior Reefer

the males come in two morphs.

Indian ocean and pacific ocean morphs.

the maldivian ones from the Indian Ocean and the rest are from the pacific.

pacific morphs are more common and includes those that are found in fiji. but we do not get the fijian ones because we dont have fiji fish shipments. we do get them from other pacific islands like indo and philippines.

males can look super beautiful but that's if a nice one is harvested from the wild. captive morphed males hardly look half as nice.

post-15755-0-92309300-1296472816_thumb.j

post-15755-0-61947200-1296472821_thumb.j

Haha thanks ! Want to try minimal scape Ma ^.^ good news now is I can surely see all my fishes ^.^

With minimal scaping u hav more swimming space for the fishes.

But i still feel four 6025 pumps too many for your tank and not v healthy for the corals and fishes. I mean there is no SPS in your tank and LPS like prata and open brains dislike strong flow. Also your group of leptacanthus also prefer mild flow.

I feel two 6025 is enough.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

So far so good however will monitor ^^ I do have the admit that due to the wavemaker I am unable to put the prata in front =( Yea hope my wanted list come in soon before it's full =.=

Yea so true lem but what to do have to be happy with what we can get lo haha

• 1 month later...