Weekly Update 3rd Jan - 10th Jan 2011

Went down sealife today but was closed, they rest on Wed?

Yes, SL is closed on Wendesday. I think Monday too.

LCK will have US shipment tomorrow;

Queen (Many sizes including show size)

French - Show Size

Rock Beauty

Hooded Wrasse

Misc

• SRC Member

Armitagei on sale @ LA.

1027101-065.jpg

Apolemichthys trimaculatus x A. xanthurus

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Saw this fish at pinnacle

Ornate Butterflyfish - Chaetodon ornatissimus

Coral feeder.

Also @ Pinnacle are Auriga butterflies - known to be good aptasia controllers.

Iwarna:

lots of peppermint shrimps

Still have many barlett's

4 potteri left.

mystery wrasse

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

Saw this fish at pinnacle

This is the ornate butterflyfish.

Chaetodon ornatissimus.

An obligate coralivore that eats nothing but SPS and cannot survive in captivity unless fed a continuous supply of SPS. survival rate is less than 1%.

please be adviced not to buy this fish.

Armitagei on sale @ LA.

1027101-065.jpg

Apolemichthys trimaculatus x A. xanthurus

haha surprisingly, this super super rare armitagei angelfish is hopelessly unpopular in the states! this fish has been stuck in diver's den for many months already!

too bad liveaquaria does not ship anywhere out of the states.

and i do hope to find an armitagei one day in maldive shipments where the two parent species overlap in range.

there is another kind of armitagei from the pacific which is a xanthopunctatus x trimaculatus hybrid. a goldflake x flagfin which is 10000x rarer!

Ornate Butterflyfish - Chaetodon ornatissimus

Coral feeder.

Also @ Pinnacle are Auriga butterflies - known to be good aptasia controllers.

Iwarna:

lots of peppermint shrimps

Still have many barlett's

4 potteri left.

mystery wrasse

IWarna no more fisheri???

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

iwarna.

- rhomboid

- flame

- balteatus fairy wrasse including female which is very rare! females are very rare!

- dissapearing wrasse

- potter's

- bartletts

- lemonpeel

all this when i was there at 4pm.

no more fisheri terryz.

• Senior Reefer

thx for ID lemon sis... lucky never buy though it's nice!!! else my corals sure :rip:

ha np.

ornate butterflies are super beautiful. the pic u posted is in stress colouration. the bars became brown.

when it's relaxed, it's orange. but sadly, a heart breaker that never survives in captivity. there are very very very isolated cases, less than the number of fingers on one hand, of them surviving and eating pellets. but no one knows how the survival rate is long term.

post-15755-0-70938300-1294849630_thumb.j

iwarna.

- rhomboid

- flame

- balteatus fairy wrasse including female which is very rare! females are very rare!

- dissapearing wrasse

- potter's

- bartletts

- lemonpeel

all this when i was there at 4pm.

no more fisheri terryz.

Can save a trip down...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

it died at their shop? :shock:

i remember reading at reefbuilders that it was sold really quickly.

I was there when the fish was swimming "upside" down and eventually laid in one corner body curled up. After tat the fish was quickly scooped out and brought to the back and after which i dunno wat happened.

Whether it died or not i wont say much more, but one thing i'm for sure was the fish was stuck there for quite long and was not sold until the day i witnessed the above. ReefBuilders is a US based website so watever info they posted on the fish was based on wat they received thru email and not wat they saw in person at RB!

Anyway off-topic and it was so long ago and the fish is no longer there. So let it all ends here.

Anyone know wat is the stocklist for RB shipment tmr?

• Senior Reefer

French - Show Size

Rock Beauty

Hooded Wrasse

Misc

may i know wat time is shipment?

and what are the misc do you know?

• Moderators

Went down sealife today but was closed, they rest on Wed?

Yes. they are closed on monday and wed. Used to only Mon.

The operating hours had been updated in the LFS listing a while back.

This is constantly updated and will be a good reference prior to visiting or location finding. :)

Tom

French - Show Size

Rock Beauty

Hooded Wrasse

Misc

yahoo.gif Queen angel is finally here ..

• SRC Member

LCK shipment arrived. Queen angel size varies

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Pinnacle also have a couple of regal angels quite a few Scopas and Sailfin Tangs

Ah Beng has flame, potter's , and lemon peel angels. some orange/red groupers.

Iwarna has a huge size royal gramma. Tucked away in one of the tanks next to the packing corner.

cfoh you know what time is the shipment?

Should be 7pm, according to the SMS which was sent to me.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-