Algae for Achilles Tang

dnsfpl

You sound logical as It need time to gain weight just like us :P .

yeap ur rite. my definition of fat is stomach looking big which also means they consume alot of the algae. for my new tang additions, it take 1-3 days before their body muscles start to build up. I have seen tangs with big stomachs but no body muscles, you could see their bones which also means they dont burn those calories. but that isn't really a problem when u have great water flow and space for them to swim around exercising :)

• SRC Member

my AT currently loves the 3 little fishes Green Nori. :) The At, BT, YT and even wrasses all eat the Green Nori by 3 little fishes! LOL :thumbsup:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• 2 weeks later...

for the past few days, my AT is infected with white spot, on and off, 70% of the time

its fat, feeding(mysis and red bamboo algae) and swimming normally

but at times, it will dash from left to right

anyway to resolve this problem?

tankmate

2 flasher wrasse, 2 clownfish

3 snail, 4 cleaner shrimp

thanks a million

• SRC Member

for the past few days, my AT is infected with white spot, on and off, 70% of the time

its fat, feeding(mysis and red bamboo algae) and swimming normally

but at times, it will dash from left to right

anyway to resolve this problem?

tankmate

2 flasher wrasse, 2 clownfish

3 snail, 4 cleaner shrimp

thanks a million

my AT is with me for half a year, and still has the same problem as the one u described.. the ich still persist even though it is fat as a pig and eats everything.. the dashing is probably of its nature to like strong water currents..

PS. regarding the teardrop growth, i observe my AT has almost doubled its teardrop in 6 months from when i first got it as a juvenile..

• Senior Reefer

the whitespots on achilles tangs and powder tangs are very very persistant and difficult to eliminate 100%.

tangs as you know, have no scales. that's why their tendency for spots are very high. moreover AT belong to the powder series which are extra sensitive to white spots for some reason.

best bet is to improve water quality to the best of your ability and do many water changes. eventually the spots will dissapear as the fish gains immunity.

the best is to of course, quarantine everything from the start. but singaporeans hardly practice quarantine unlike the states or japan where quarantine is EVERYTHING.

• SRC Member

couldnt agree more with Lemon.. but even on RC theres alot of debates on whether to QT an AT ornot.. because of its requirements for size, waves, and food, and its not easy to provide a stress-free QT tank.. :)

• 4 months later...

little orange dots near its tail, believe the tear drop is developing

still has white spot but greatly reduce after adding a cleaner wrasse

i swear i saw the cleaner wrasse eating the white spot

dont bash me please, no joke

main diet pellet & mysis shrimp

fed with nori once or twice a week

cheers

• 2 years later...