Ich Treatment Effect Liverock?

Got couple of fish in my 4 footer tank with lots of liverock (just mature). Seems my fish start to develop the dreaded Ich! Already dose Octozin and reduce salinity to 1.018. Off my fan and wait for tempreture to rise to 31 degrees. Wondering will all this kill off my liverock? Any experienced reefers can advise me. Today will do the second dose and thinking of reducing salinity to 1.015. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can find all the answer here ;

If you do not have any corals or inverts inside your tank now, prehapes you can try treating it with Copper base medicine which seem to be the most effective so far.

To add, use with care, under dose is better than over dose. Also do chk after using copper whether you can still use the same setup for corals. Seems like there is 2 school of thoughts. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Senior Reefer

You can find all the answer here ;

If you do not have any corals or inverts inside your tank now, prehapes you can try treating it with Copper base medicine which seem to be the most effective so far.

don't dose copper in main tank..... unless it's a bare tank....

copper sticks to everything including liverock and sand which will render your tank sterile and make your rocks dead rocks.

• Senior Reefer

copper is good and very effective but best to use chelated copper rather than ionic.

use a test kit to ensure proper dosage and don't overdose!

underdose is better than overdose. but copper has a very thin margin of error.

too much no good, too little useless. so must find the balance and dose accordingly.

nothing should be in the coppered tank except fish.

inverts, coral, algae, bacteria and most other things will die. liverocks will become dead rocks. not to mention liverock and sand will bind to copper and it will be very difficult, almost impossible to remove.

Yesterday last dose of Octozin. Salinity currently at 1.016. Monitoring situation. Start to add garlic to frozen food. I trying not to use copper, hope octozin works. Difficult to find big bottle n i bought 5 smaller ones to complete the dose. Doing lots of research here. Thanks for all the input bros...really appriciate it.