RIO powerhead with rotating arm outlet

Limpc

• SRC Member

sorry, but may i know what is a sea swirl and a Tunze Streams , sorry to disturb u all and ask new question, but i still learning :thanks::rolleyes:

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

the wave or current effect offer by the tunze is completely different to tt offered by the seaswirl.. it is like comparing apples with oranges! for a reefer looking for the pulsating or tidal effects, the sea swirl cannot provide such wave effects. while the SCWD may be able to produce some form of alternating pulsation, the tunze wins hands down!! :bow: however if you want some form of sweeping wave effect, which covers the tank in a wide array of angles (so as to sweep up detritus or to brush floating gunk towards th overflow OR to sweep food in all direction towards the corals) the sea swirl is the champion! I'm not sure if the wave form generated by the swirl is considered to be one similar to that of the natural occurrence (which i believe the tunze braves about providing natural wave effects) but i'm quite sure it can contribute to a more erratic and positive current occurence within our reef tanks! Rather than having a constant, fixed directional, pointing return from our return pump..i would vote for a sweeping/mobile one to make life more challenging for the fishes and corals!!

• SRC Member
sorry, but may i know what is a sea swirl and a Tunze Streams , sorry to disturb u all and ask new question, but i still learning :thanks::rolleyes:

wah kaoz..you never fail to amaze me!!

does schools spoonfeed little boys and girls so much tt they cannot search for information on their own nowadays or r u trying to conserve energy??..yeah clicking mouse buttons sure burn more calories!!

Yeah... pls do try to do more research on your own. When I started out in this hobby... i read up more than I ask questions.

If you want us to explain stuff... usually, we spend more time thinking and typing... definitely a few hundred words and more time spent on our end vs you Letting your fingers do the walking.... you type a few keywords, click enter and most of the info you seek is already there.

• SRC Member
if you have not seen how a pump can burn in water and give out fumes while still submerged in the water..hurry go buy a rio now!! it's really worthy to buy one just for the experience!!!hurry while stocks last! :idea:

Hi AT, Alvy,

Thanks for valuable feedback. I will drop this idea.

2 months back, I had a burning powerhead in my tank which crushed my setup because of a cheapo you-know-where made. I lost a lot of mushrooms, livestock and the more painful task was to recondition my tank back to normal and it took me almost 2 months..... changing water weekly, changing filter media, etc etc.

Lesson learn, not to stinch on powerheads or any electrical device.

Thought RIO should be good cos' it's branded but seems like the reviews were bad.

I was really keen to try the rotating thingy. Anyone wants to sell ???

LimPC