Beckett Injector

cheng

• SRC Member

From the way you posted the question I think you have no idea what you are talking about right?

Basically you don't just INSTALL a beckett injector, you probably have to make one... go search in Reef Central, lots of people do it there...

BUT... the beckett is not available in Singapore, last I checked...

• SRC Member
??????? does it mean i have to abandon this idea?

Probably yes...

Oh yah sorry make the beckett injector chamber... beckett injector have to buy, unless you are willing to bring it in from the US, you can pretty much forget about getting it in Singapore, I've looked around but have not found any.. unless someone has seen it?

You have an injection chamber? Can you show us what you're talking about? If you have one already... and its part of your beckett skimmer, it should fit right in easily without much thought. Do you know how it even works?

• SRC Member

actually a few yrs ago..a fren of mine got this injector which looks similar to the becket one, the internal construct is identical too. I'm using one now and it works exactly like the becket. My fren got it from one of the garden/landscape store at heartland mall, hougang. it cost ard 20+.. then later another reefer got the exact same thing when he consulted me in making a becket skimmer himself..i'm not sure if you can still find it at those stores..but they do not know wat a becket is, but more receptive to the idea of pond foam injector head.

• SRC Supporter
nobody made this b4??? is it impossible to do this in singapore???

Cheng,

have you read what's been posted???

pls clarify what you mean by injection chamber...

A beckett nozzle is available commercially.... ( alittle hard to find nowadays) I got mine through a reefers help.... ordered them in from the states....

The chamber can be DIYed .... we call it the Beckett housing (injector???)..... if you are looking for details of how to DIY a beckett housing, a few reefers here have done it....

but IMO, Alvy's DIYed version as shown in the pic above looks the best..... :peace:

• SRC Supporter
sorry i did not know how to explain what i meant..very sorry.. i mean i need help on the beckett housing..i am a newbie at diy so sorry for my dumbness

Cool Pal..... any guy thats into reefing ain't dumb..... this hobby ain't for dumb people.... cos the dumb jus get smarter after reefing.... :P

You jus need to state your concerns clearly.... in this way you get the help you will need...

try a search on the DIY forum for "beckett" ... you should get relevent information that you need.....

Guys that have DIYed beckett skimmers are Alvy, Robe, Spade etc....

think they might have started threads on their skimmers in the DIY section......

Cheers...