Advice on Banggai Cardinal

Underwater

• SRC Member

Hi,

I thought M.I. was difficult, but banggai seems thougher to train to eat pellets.

Really love these fishes and bought 4 of them recently. Feeding very well on mysis and frozen food. However, when comes to pellets, they will spit them out everytime. Is it possible to get them to eat pellets?

Any experienced banggai keepers can advise me? Thanks in advance.

My banggai:

post-5553-084386000 1289360028_thumb.jpg

I saw my colleague Banggai feeding with Dr. Bassleer's Biofish pellets...

http://aquamarin.com.sg/aproducts.asp?bcID=89&catname=Food%20-%20Marine%20Product

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

The one I had before only will eat frozen too.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

I saw my colleague Banggai feeding with Dr. Bassleer's Biofish pellets...

http://aquamarin.com.sg/aproducts.asp?bcID=89&catname=Food%20-%20Marine%20Product

Below r pajama cardinal pellets feeding video clip, will try snap pics or video on banggai cardinal pellets feeding, if I manage to visit Bro Lee.

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Tks bro CFOh for the hope to train banggai. Success stories seem so few. If still no success with dr bassler's pellets, I think maybe can classified this species as picky eaters cos not all reefers can afford to feed mysis everyday. There'll be problem if my family goes for long holidays.

Sigh... why can't banggai be like the other cardinals that are less fussy abt food?

Tks bro CFOh for the hope to train banggai. Success stories seem so few. If still no success with dr bassler's pellets, I think maybe can classified this species as picky eaters cos not all reefers can afford to feed mysis everyday. There'll be problem if my family goes for long holidays.

Sigh... why can't banggai be like the other cardinals that are less fussy abt food?

A week to 10days should be ok. I am more concern on power outage..

If they still not accept dr bassler's pellets, probably, try Mix some Cyclop-eeze with Ocean Nutrition - Marine Pellet (Formula 2) or get Dainichi Marine - Marine FX Baby Pellet from Reef Depot... Hope they can find their food of choice..

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Below r pajama cardinal pellets feeding video clip, will try snap pics or video on banggai cardinal pellets feeding, if I manage to visit Bro Lee.

Below r Banggai cardinal pellets feeding video clip from my colleague office tank... Will take more videos.....

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

'Mission Pellet' failed for my banggai. Sigh.

Mine eat mysis, cyclopeeze, frozen fd, minced fish meat, minced mkt prawn till damn fat but still rejects pellets. Maybe I shd just feed pellets for a few days and see if they eat. If not, got to feed wet fd already.

• SRC Member

They are easy to keep as long as you don't have to rely solely on pellet food. The only dried food mine eat is freezed dried cyclopeeze. Tried different types of pellets like dr bassler, formula 1&2, kent, grotech, etc also no use. Will soak the pellets with mysis juice and feed them only pellets for a few days to see if that works.

Thanks all for the kind advice.

• SRC Member

Bro i got mine feeding on almost everything. the trick is to quarantine them in a beta box, jus slowly feed with mysis first, gradually add some flakes or pellets to the beta box. sooner or later they get use to it they will eat it. hope this helps.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Bro i got mine feeding on almost everything. the trick is to quarantine them in a beta box, jus slowly feed with mysis first, gradually add some flakes or pellets to the beta box. sooner or later they get use to it they will eat it. hope this helps.

Great! Thanks for sharing. Will go get some then try your method.

Btw how many u keeping? :)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Great! Thanks for sharing. Will go get some then try your method.

Btw how many u keeping? :)

i'm keeping one pair on my 3x2x2 for more then 6 months already. usually for my way to add in new fish i will introduce them to beta box as it will reduce aggression as well...

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

i'm keeping one pair on my 3x2x2 for more then 6 months already. usually for my way to add in new fish i will introduce them to beta box as it will reduce aggression as well...

Ok! For how long it needs to be in the beta box before releasing it into main tank.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Ok! For how long it needs to be in the beta box before releasing it into main tank.

usually i will keep them inside for 2 weeks, as it will train them to eat without any competition, this will definately increase their chances of survivor as well..

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

usually i will keep them inside for 2 weeks, as it will train them to eat without any competition, this will definately increase their chances of survivor as well..

true... Anyway u know where can get this fishes with good size? (min 1.5'')

coz realized alot LFS selling wan r mainly those below 1'' type. :)

• SRC Member

Tks bro erikokelf for the good news on pellets feeding.

you are welcome bro, i also not pro la. Just tat i did alot of research online for this fish as i really love their fins so attractive haha..

As for gd size is really dependant on luck bro, i gt mine from ah beng quite gd size, jus grab before it is gone.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp