Acropora coral

• SRC Member

How matured is ur tank? And how long are u into marine. I won't recommend sps if u r new into marine. Bascially, u nd to read up alot more abt sps before venturing into them and u nd to have good water parameters as well as the proper equipments, knowledge and $$ to sustain them.

Cheers :peace:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

One of the first beginner sps you should try is montipora digitata..

I can provide you with a few frags to start out with..just pm me..I'll let them go relatively cheaply...I just crashed my dad's car...need some $$ to sustain myself.... :(

I also have pocillopora..but you should try out montipora digitata before trying out poci... :)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
One of the first beginner sps you should try is montipora digitata..

I can provide you with a few frags to start out with..just pm me..I'll let them go relatively cheaply...I just crashed my dad's car...need some $$ to sustain myself.... :(

I also have pocillopora..but you should try out montipora digitata before trying out poci... :)

Fuel,

Can show pic of your frag?

Wats the color and size? :D

dino07.gif

It's with brown body and green polyps.......a very very hardy beginner sps...

I'll try to make each frag about thumb length..how does that sound?

You will have to epoxy or superglue it yourself...i don't really like epoxy nor superglue...very very troublesome.....pm me for more details..don't want to hijack

post-22-1072628216.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

There are easy to keep SPS.. pretty much bulletproof... like montipora & porites.

Well, in fact SPS can be easy to keep... IF you invest in good equipment and improve your husbandry skills to make the best environment for them!

Too many reefers fail because their tank conditions are not right... and there are so many factors to adjust... and coupled with impatience, lack of funds, or understanding of what's required.... they compromise and 'try try'.... and fail.

You can keep SPS adequately but the end goal is to make them grow and color up nicely and not just keep brown SPS corals... that is the enormous challenge.... financially because more often than not... you need a very good skimmer, coupled with strong lights/bigger chiller, strong water circulation, calcium reactor, etc etc. to make this goal happen.

Don't go into it if you can't afford it.

Don't start what you can't finish.

;)