safe nudi?

Bro,

Words of caution for you. Once u see one, do expect more inside your tank.

Get a predator to hunt them down. E.g. Yellow Wrasse.

Do observe your zoas colony, and if u find moving 'zoas', its them, the NUDIS, that takes the color of your zoas they had eaten!

Coral RX the colony. Good luck.

yea was thinking of getting wrasse instead of coral fx cause my tank height is 2.5 man..

all wrasse makan nudi right?

Hmmm yellow wrasse is more for preventive method, you will have to get coral rx or freshwater drip your zoa. Do it now before the nudis start to lay egg and that is where your night mare start. That time I take my time, end up the nudis start to lay egg, coral rx is unable to kill the egg. So you will have to use coral rx a few more time and hand catch them at night for the rest of the weeks. I do that for a few mth before they are finally gone. :cry:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

It'll be near impossible to get that wrasse out.... Good Luck getting rid of zoas.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

not impossible to get the yellow wrasse out.

but sand digging wrasses are some of the hardest to catch.

if it's greedy enough, it will enter the betta box and can be caught easily as per any other greedy fish.

getting a predator introduced into your tank will be the best method to solve your nudis prob.

IMO Yellow wrasse arent aggressive at all. Hence, why do u need to get it out later?

Coral RX is a short term problem solving method. this can save a colony of Zoas, but in long term, introducing predator will be best.

As the saying goes, once u find one nudis, there's plentiful more inside.

getting a predator introduced into your tank will be the best method to solve your nudis prob.

IMO Yellow wrasse arent aggressive at all. Hence, why do u need to get it out later?

Coral RX is a short term problem solving method. this can save a colony of Zoas, but in long term, introducing predator will be best.

As the saying goes, once u find one nudis, there's plentiful more inside.

They are quite aggressive to new wrasse... But yeah, the best solution is introducing a predator...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp