anyone know whats does this tang got poison

• SRC Member

The Salfin or the parrot?

The parrot has poison but the salfin doesnt

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• Senior Reefer

it's not a parrotfish...

the yellow fish is called a foxface and the spines are venomous.

never research and anyhow catch it right?

you will experience pain and sometimes itching for the next few days.

you really need to type properly in future. it's getting increasingly difficult to understand what you're trying to say.

The Salfin or the parrot?

The parrot has poison but the salfin doesnt

I guess u wan to type Rabbitfishes?

Foxface Rabbitfish (Siganus vulpinus)

post-9248-016873200 1288008290_thumb.jpg

Pls refer to below post #35.

cheers and Happy reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

erm... think you should go c a doctor IMMEDIATELY NOW and let him know that you've been stung by this fish, instead of waiting out the effects or using your body as an experiment to test out the range of effects this sting can have.

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

be more careful next time and READ BEFORE BUYING, HANDLING. the fever should subside but you should see a doctor, especially if you have heart palpitations, nausea, vomitting etc, go to the hospital immediately.

next time, immerse your hand in hot water. as hot as you can tolerate. the heat will denature the poison which is made of proteins.

• Senior Reefer

regardless of size.....

the spines of the foxface will cause pain and rash.

the poison is not usually fatal. just very pain and unnerving.

but because i don't know your health history, and don't want to be liable for any medical complications, i don't want to advice you in anything else but seeing a doctor.

next time, immerse your hands in hot water immediately. now is useless. must be immediately.

Pls see a doctor IMMEDIATELY!

Do not take the sting from marine animals lightly. Even if the sting is not deadly but bear in mind everbody's immunity level is different and may react to the venom differently.

Remember the famous "crocodile hunter" Steve Irwin who died from a stingray sting! Dun take this lightly!

• SRC Member

Before you touch, handle, catch any other livestock, please read this post -

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

A total of 60mins has been wasted since fellow reefer toravisu was stung. Lesson to be learnt is to seek immediate medical attention when such incident happens instead of hanging around on SRC. Could have been a life and death situation, plus a 1st incident in SRC to be a DOA statistic.

Any reefer who has his contact pls give him a sms to check if he's alright or if you're doing well drop a note. Thank you.

• SRC Member

regardless of size.....

the spines of the foxface will cause pain and rash.

the poison is not usually fatal. just very pain and unnerving.

but because i don't know your health history, and don't want to be liable for any medical complications, i don't want to advice you in anything else but seeing a doctor.

next time, immerse your hands in hot water immediately. now is useless. must be immediately.

Bro Lemon, I would like to correct you on the treatment of using hot water... immersing a wound/ or body parts with rash/allergy to hot water is not recommended as this will only aggravate the affected area. As hot water heat up or in this case warm up the skin area thus causing blood veins in that area to expand which allows more blood to flow to and through it. This can in fact speed up the rate of the blood flow and make the rash worse. Actually applying cold treatment(cold compressed) is more appropriate for rash or any allergy and seek immd medical attention. Taking anti-histamine also helps to suppress allergy.

• SRC Member

I guess u wan to type Rabbitfishes?

Foxface Rabbitfish (Siganus vulpinus)

post-9248-016873200 1288008290_thumb.jpg

Pls refer to below post #35.

cheers and Happy reefing...

Hahaha yep omgoshh rabbit and parrot....

what was I thinking lol

anyway hope TS is fine

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Bro Lemon, I would like to correct you on the treatment of using hot water... immersing a wound/ or body parts with rash/allergy to hot water is not recommended as this will only aggravate the affected area. As hot water heat up or in this case warm up the skin area thus causing blood veins in that area to expand which allows more blood to flow to and through it. This can in fact speed up the rate of the blood flow and make the rash worse. Actually applying cold treatment(cold compressed) is more appropriate for rash or any allergy and seek immd medical attention. Taking anti-histamine also helps to suppress allergy.

Sound logical.. But bro lemon is also correct if you know beforehand what you are dealing with.

For venom from lionfish and foxface, the venom break down under heat.

Thus if the hand is immersed in hot water, it will break down the venom and reduces its effects. But it has to be done ASAP before the venom spread.

But you got to know this beforehand.

Else i would stick to Nitro method if i knew nothing<< my opinion.

• Senior Reefer

most poisons are protein based compounds which are easily denatured by heat.

enzymes, proteins, poisons etc mostly protein based. heat will unfold the 3D structure of protein molecule and cause denaturation and disrupt the effects. However, since the heat from hot water is not exactly boiling, we cannot expect full denaturation to occur, and thus, only partial denaturation. This means the poison will not stop 100%, but the effect will be reduced.

lionfish venom contains many heat sensitive labile proteins. immersing the hand in hot, but non scalding water will quickly denature them before spreading to the rest of the blood stream. do not use boiling water as the burn will hurt more than the sting.

yes, vasodilation will occur (widening of surface blood vessels), but it's negligible and will not increase blood flow to the heart. vasodilation will increase bloodflow to the surface of the hands only. Surface blood vessels are very easily vasodilated. in order to dilate deeper vessels within the hand, heat is unlikely to do so.

You may find the necessary information here on what to do with the sting. scroll to the bottom.

well thanks you all for all the careing,i got an injection yet still haveing fever and patches, of i guess its heat rashes . Its i have been giddy and weakless ,ill like to share that once you got sting,see the doctor immeadly its not a fish to play with, mine is like 5 to 6 inch big

Main-ZeovitLogo.jpg

3x2x2 RSM,2x1.5x1.5 cube

cheers