return pump advise needed

• SRC Member

Hi all, I'm thinking to upgrade my return pump and i have 2 pump in mind.... dymax and resun spec and price as below:

Resun 5000:

1) Flowrate: 2800L/H

2) Price- $38

3) power consumption: 40W

Dymax 3000

1) Flowrate: 2500L/H

2) Price: $35

3) power consumption: $50W

anyone of you used these 2 pump b4 and which one would be a better choice? I know resun is made in China but Dymax not too sure where izzit from.

• SRC Member

i used both before... feel dymax has more power.. (can shoot water a certain power at a bigger diameter then resun) hope u get what i mean... BUT i trust resun because the dymax i got leaked current! :P and it still is in my tank.. <_< have to change soon..

have u ever thought of getting Rio... wattage quite low if im not mistaken.. :peace:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

i used both before... feel dymax has more power.. (can shoot water a certain power at a bigger diameter then resun) hope u get what i mean... BUT i trust resun because the dymax i got leaked current! :P and it still is in my tank.. <_< have to change soon..

have u ever thought of getting Rio... wattage quite low if im not mistaken.. :peace:

I experienced some current leak from my dymax pump too...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member
wow..... i never expect the answer to be so... "1 sided" :o:o .... since there are so many member who hav such badexperience with dymax, I thinkl i'll get the resun instead... thanks t all members who giv their opinion...

Hi Tigershark,

IMO I think you should ask about other brands of pumps too.

The reason nobody is commenting about Resun may be that no one is using it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• SRC Member

Hi Tigershark,

IMO I think you should ask about other brands of pumps too.

The reason nobody is commenting about Resun may be that no one is using it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

well quite true.... anyone have other recomendation on other pump? prefer to have flowrate of 2600~3000l/h and below $40?

• SRC Member

can get the eheim 1260, flowrate of 2400l/h. China made pump not too how reliable. Yes, X man eheim, but boy, leaking electricity is no joke man, life I think is more important and paying a little more, just my tot.

I think very long about this too and finally got a eheim 1262 vs other china make pump.

Tot someone mention PM selling at 140 for the 1260 model.

I use Atman , flowrate 3500l/h and quite (surprise me) at S$35.... Lucky did not go for eheim (too expensive). I bought at 328, give a try man... ;)

for normal use...the atmans should be fine..but if you need it to push water to a height....eheims at a lower flow rating might push more water than the atmans generally... :)

but at a much lower price..if the atmans can fufil your usage expectations..then by all means go for it...no point being too hard on your wallet also..hehe

• SRC Member

Hi fren,

You should not take the flowrate of the pump at facevalue.

All the flowrate are at "zero" ft/m above pump. if you want

a certain flowrate, you should look at the pump's performace

curve and select the model that can give you the flow rate

at the height of the return pipe. Dun forget to add in the 90 degree

cornering. :rolleyes:

Zephyros :blink:

• SRC Member

Had tried Attman pump. These chinese pumps are not pressure rated. As a return they are not very useful. Or at least go for the hailea pumps. I had tried Attman with 4000+ lt/hr and the water output is lower then a 1260 at 2400lt/hr.

Cos the attman is over-rated. Not presure rated. So a 3000lt/r can pump 3000lt/hr at 0.0m. and drops to like 1/4 when you reach 1m high. Unless use for skimmer or at low height. But if for return in sump, the amount of piping and height would exceed 1m and the water flow drops drastically. If buget allows, go for ehiem or at least a hailea.