Need recommendation for livestock

Hi all

I hv an extra 3 footer FOWLR housing 2 false perculas and a blue damsel (with yellow tail) only. I intend to add 11 pcs of the blue damsel. Is it workable? I prefer small fishes in shoal/school/group, but something not too costly. I did consider green chromises but not very appealing. TIA.

Hi all

I hv an extra 3 footer FOWLR housing 2 false perculas and a blue damsel (with yellow tail) only. I intend to add 11 pcs of the blue damsel. Is it workable? I prefer small fishes in shoal/school/group, but something not too costly. I did consider green chromises but not very appealing. TIA.

If u keep a whole tank of blue damsels it is feasible, no problem. But 3 feet is not a big tank, so if u add a whole group of blue damsels your tank will be full already and what are u trying to achieve from that? U've seen the fish tank in LFS where they kept a whole tank of blue damsels, do u like the tank? Cos that's wat your tank will become after adding a whole group of blue damsels without corals. If u are expecting to see schooling behaviour of the blue damsels in your 3 feet den forget it becos they'll not school even in a 5ft, they only school in nature and not in our tanks.

If u are trying to create a schooling group of fishes, blue eye cardinals will be a better choice although they also dun school tightly in a 3ft. So the conclusion is no fishes will school in a 3ft. Hope this answer your qn.

• Senior Reefer

3ft is a lousy size for schooling fishes.

firstly, nothing will school in a 3ft tank like what digiman said.

2ndly, even if you manage to get something to school, then you can't add anything else without crowding the tank and making it look full or overload it interms of bioload.

Hi all

I recalled... my friends kept ~30pcs b4 in 4ft tank... buy more got discount from LFS long ago.....

But you will never see them in shcool... Yellow tail damsel is one of the territory fish... they will fight for cave/shelter among themselves.. nipping each other fin/tail.. snatch food from corals... scattering all over your tank..

But not doubt they are very hardy fish... also very smart not easy to trap once enter in your tank....

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Anyway marine not cheap so dun bother to think cheap...

Heart pain pain 1 time. Get something nice n can last longer wan.

Keep Liao also more shiok!

Since already in liao might as well.....

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!