weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Salifin Tang, torn fin courtesy of my AT.

Achilles Tang got it's name "Achilles" from the movie TROY, the aggressive and violent Greek, so your AT is expected to be agressive, watch out other tangs!

Looks like a fad that people wants to buy this tang although it is s difficult fish to keep.

• SRC Member
tank coming to five months.

The green algae also disappearing and taking over by coraline.

I accidentally broke the two tips off the frag on the left but now they are growing steadily and encrusting as well.

its great to see the frag growing.... :):)

• SRC Supporter
you need ###### ? Got a whole collection cup full of this :P

Wahahahaaa... :lol:

Any chance that reefers here might soon see ###### cream from a Barrs Aquatics Skimmer?? ;)

And yes, you are really stocking up on your SPS... Keep those pictures coming.... B)

• SRC Member
now achilles tang made more famous by the movie...

great fish.....if can only keep 1 tang, this would be a serious contender :)

Achilles is Brad Pitt in the movie, so are you going to get a "Jennifer Aniston" as a partner for AT? ahem

• SRC Member

can I use the normal epoxy I buy from hardware stire or do I need to buy special reef epoxy to stick the frags? Can I Do the epoxying underwater or do I need to bring the rock out? thanks.....

Live and Let Live

I used the made in Singapore Alteco brand A+B two part Epoputty. It comes with a silver and a blue tube. I bought it at those "cheap shop" at $5.

You've to mix it outside the water then you can apply them underwater and let it cure under water. Takes some practise and skills to do it nicely. Else you can use super glue gel or locite too.

• SRC Member

Bro Weileong,

Did you do anything to get rid of the bryopsis, or they just came and go?

Really nice tank you have. Look even nicer when see in person..... I have...especially when all the 3x6100 Tunze are fired up... all the coral really come to life....hehehe

Had a few patches here and there abt 3 months back an I panic. I took those affected LR out and either brush them away or for those very serious ones I soak in bleach. After that I don't see anymore on in the tank. There's some in the overflow now.

Blame myself for not using xxxphos right from day 1, only used it when the tank is about one month old. PO4 already collected on the LR.

Else I think my tank now algae paradise already.