weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

I disagree with the time lah.....there are so many guys overseas that are enjoying huge success with SPS...as long as your water parameter is alright and stable....

and if you have the proper provision for sps..they should do well..

from what I am hearing....your sps are encrusting and growing...you are alright...

do you have the Ca reactor to meet the Ca demand??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the tall version of Joe_P's CR. When I had just one frag + 2 colony one bubble in every 7 sec can keep my Ca level steady.

Now I'm pumping in at one bubble every 2.5 sec to keep the Ca level steady after they start to grow. I was still wondering why my Ca and kH levels are dropping so fast until I noticed the encrusting and go compare photos then I see the growth.

Cannot imagine if I do not have this CR, I will be dosing the Ca & kH addictive like crazy and the water parameter will be going up and down lol and if I go away for a week then confirm big problem man.

yeah..shortcuts in time can be done with a good skimmer and other equipment...

dun have to wait for a long time..ie..years :lol: but of coz u can't do it too fast with a great skimmer also...

the long time mentality is generally from the old school...where skimmer technology wasn't really good or trusted upon...or good chemical absorbents were used...

if u want fast results, can be done...but it's alot of work to ensure the parameters dun go haywire also....

• SRC Supporter

Weileong, really cool setup you have there esp now with the new chiller..... ;)

For frags... give me some time.... I'm in the process of getting a new place and setting up my frag section again... and of course my new reef.... :yeah:

You can then make a trip down and have a really good look and drool..... :heh:

Thanks Joe for the 2nd chamber. But before we go into that, I'll like to talk abt this new chiller. Quick, once you get your frag setup pls remember to reserve one or two for me :P

Superb performer. Hot spell coming but with this I am not worried.

I think Joe & Max can feel how good the ventilation is at my place so poor ventilation cannot be the cause of poor chiller performance right?

post-34-1082377806.jpg

Temp controller, length of cable is 10m so you can put this chiller really far away from the tank and can have the temp controller besides the tank.

Best of all, the power cable is attached to the probe so more convenient to plug into the power point at the tank. Less wiring headache. Seems like it is so much more easier than I thought to locate this chiller remotely.

oh Bro Roidan, I've no time to read the manual yet, will do so later.

post-34-1082377985.jpg

Specification of the chiller.

Only 1/2hp.

Temp drop = 1.2deg in 1 hr. This is with full heat load on my tank.

2x250W 10,000K BLV

1x150W 20,000K BLV blue

2x36W PL

1xresun MD55 driving my AquaC EV-240

1xehiem 1260 driving my UV sterilizer + CR

2x6100 Tunze

1x6000 Tunze

1x36W 12x coralife turbo twister UV sterilizer

The other half will be really delighted once I get the bracket and hang this unit remotely. phew!

post-34-1082378256.jpg

I am going to source for the bracket tomorrow so will do it ASAP. Either I install myself remotely or I get contractor to do it. Alfa you wanna do it too is it?

Out of sight, out of mind. Noise also "out of ear" lol.

Oh yes roidan, you wanna wack it spoilt? Pass to me, confirm spoilt immediately.

• SRC Member
coz i have no immediate place to put the artica leh..my teco can sit cute cute below my clam tank...so unless it burn down lor..otherwise i also lazy to tear it out and then wreck my head where to place this commercial size compressor leh....

the non-commercial one is similar size to Teco...but the highest rating is 1/3hp only. Should be good enough for your tank, unless you change to 4x400W lor... :rolleyes: