new to UV STERILIZER !!

Hi just brught one UV STERILIZER i have corals in it should i always on or off when feeding cause i know i will kills all good and bad bactira

will UV STERILIZER affect coralline agle to grow can give some comment whats the proper way to using it !!! thanks

Main-ZeovitLogo.jpg

3x2x2 RSM,2x1.5x1.5 cube

cheers

Hi just brught one UV STERILIZER i have corals in it should i always on or off when feeding cause i know i will kills all good and bad bactira

will UV STERILIZER affect coralline agle to grow can give some comment whats the proper way to using it !!! thanks

Some article on UV to share below.....

Ultraviolet Sterilizers Pros and Cons...

How to Select an Ultraviolet Sterilizer...

That's lot of article/research recently discourage UV application... Some scientist believe overpower UV application may shorten livestock age too..

But we have lots of UV supporter reefer bro's being using it with success story..

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• Senior Reefer

UV only destroys whatever that pass through it..

water will not carry the UV radiation so watever in your main tank should not be affected...

the amount of bacteria the UV kills is very minimal since 99% of bacteria live in ur rocks, sand, filter wool etc...

UV also decreases algae growth as algae spores are destroyed as they pass through the UV. including coraline algae, diatom etc.

this info can be searched easily everywhere online and the forum...

Some article on UV to share below.....

Ultraviolet Sterilizers Pros and Cons...

How to Select an Ultraviolet Sterilizer...

That's lot of article/research recently discourage UV application... Some scientist believe overpower UV application may shorten livestock age too..

But we have lots of UV supporter reefer bro's being using it with success story..

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

Unable to locate articles on above topic.. will scan and posts once I found.. :) it is good for info....

below r some write up on "immune deficiency syndrome".. it reflected whats happen surrounding us as well.. cause and effect in long term... :)

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/pondsubwebindex/pduvs.htm

Organisms maintained in a "well-filtered", strongly UV sterilized system seem to develop a type of acquired immune deficiency syndrome. Like the "boy-in-a-bubble", organisms kept in an almost sterile environment seem to lose their ability to ward off infectious diseases. Now, let me explain the qualifiers placed upon the terms above. A) There are no captive systems that result in 100% effective kill of all micro-organisms. B) This loss of apparent immunity occurs over long periods of time in a highly variable, non-selective manner. C) This "syndrome" has, to my knowledge, never been scientifically documented; therefore my use of the word seems from my personal and second-hand experiences.

cheers and happy reefing.. :)

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore