Weekly Update 16/08/2010 - 22/08/2010

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer

argh... so many good things to buy this week but i'm so broke this month. have to control.

Just to update on the rarities this week....

LCK

- Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus (Hooded wrasse, Australian variant)

- Cirrhilabrus scottorum (Scott's fairy wrasse, Australian variant)

- Cirrhilabrus lineatus (Lineatus Wrasse)

- Cirrhilabrus laboutei (Laboutei Wrasse)

Iwarna

- Walt smith SPS

- LPS and softies. Hopefully xenias, yellow leather, pipe organs etc.

- Cirrhilabrus marjorie (Marjorie Wrasse)

- Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus (Red Margin Wrasse - Fiji Variant)

- Cirrhilabrus exquisitus (Exquisite Wrasse - Fiji Variant)

Reborn

- Chaetodon daedalma (WROUGHT IRON BUTTERFLYFISH!!) :shock:

- Centropyge interruptus (INTERRUPTUS ANGELFISH, SMALL ONES 8-12CM!!!!) this is a fantastic size and it's very difficult to obtain such small ones

- Sacura margaritacea (Sakura Anthias, CHERRY ANTHIAS!) extremely beautiful and very hardy

- Omobranchus elegans (Elegant blenny)

COMMENCING SELF-DESTRUCT!!! NO MONEY NO MONEY!!!11 T_T

• Senior Reefer

Can someone confirm that there is Fiji Yellow Leather in Iwarna?

no confirm but from all the past shipments, usually will have.

oh sorry for confusion. change my above post already :)

• SRC Member

Sacura margaritacea - looks like luohan. Can find lottery numbers from their backs. chair.gif

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

:groupwavereversed: Cabin Crew...pl prepare for 'TAKE-OFF'...Vroom-Vroom !!! :thumbsup:

argh... so many good things to buy this week but i'm so broke this month. have to control.

LCK

Iwarna

- Walt smith SPS

Reborn

- Centropyge interruptus (INTERRUPTUS ANGELFISH, SMALL ONES 8-12CM!!!!) this is a fantastic size and it's very difficult to obtain such small ones

- Sacura margaritacea (Sakura Anthias, CHERRY ANTHIAS!) extremely beautiful and very hardy

• Senior Reefer

Chaetodon daedalma.

the wrought iron butterflyfish. aptly named so for their incredible metal-like scales that resemble a shiny piece of chain mail swimming through the cool waters of japan. often swarm by the hundreds and divers call this event the "wrought iron ball".

post-15755-020183900 1282288999_thumb.jp

post-15755-036337700 1282289005_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

the interruptus from Reborn is just simply gorgeous, and they are fat too! Really wish I can get 1, haha.

The wrought iron is bout 6 inch, 2 pcs there.

plenty of elegant blennies, and the cheery anthias are sweeee too!

LCK : the colors of the hooded is simply riotous ! colors seen on the screen are like the real life specimen. Best of all, most are feeding on pellets already! :yahoo:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

Never have australian hooded wrasse appear in such large quanties and size before.

an aussy hooded coupled with the vanuatu one will surely stir up some excitement in your reef!

Hooded wrasse from Vanuatu has a starck red "hood" on an orange body, but has not made it's appearance for a very long time now. With vanuatu shipment recently continuing from it's long absence, we can hope to see this gorgeous fish soon.

Amazing how the same species from different location can produce variations with such vast differences.

post-15755-029752800 1282308010_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Japan ba?!

ops I missed that out. ^_^

Wow lah. you chiong without me.you no good.

Don't bs me, you always chiong without me too. beside, i did helped you to do what you want me to do there. :chair:

:heh: Seems like U are having fun with ya slippery 'Hand Job'. :eyebrow:

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

Hi Edwin, its not my hand. saltwater and my camera don't mix. :pinch:

but for sure, most of the fish got a part of me stained them :lol:

LCK

Iwarna

- Walt smith SPS

Reborn

always got another chance Lemon, fishes alway in. you know steven's pattern.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

always got another chance Lemon, fishes alway in. you know steven's pattern.

it's ok.

not interested in lineatus, laboutei and scotts. too common and don't interest me.

wanted the hooded but no money. so will wait for the next shipment. aussy, vanuatu, which ever one comes first :)

• SRC Member

it's ok.

not interested in lineatus, laboutei and scotts. too common and don't interest me.

wanted the hooded but no money. so will wait for the next shipment. aussy, vanuatu, which ever one comes first :)

Vanuatu also came in that aussie variant. its known as vanuatu flame wrasse by them. i remember CF used to came in both together. hope you manage to get all in one shot.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

Vanuatu also came in that aussie variant. its known as vanuatu flame wrasse by them. i remember CF used to came in both together. hope you manage to get all in one shot.

got 3 variant of bathyphilus..

1st variant is the hooded with the bicolour deep red and orange body. this is my fav.

2nd variant from vanuatu has a hood also, but not so obvious and has a red streak extending to caudal penducle.

3rd variant is from aussy with no distinct hood, just a reddish head and orangy body, with also a red streak passing through the body.

2nd vanuatu variant look similar to aussy one, but they are different. that's why sometimes LFS confuse and call it vanuatu flame wrasse. but actually all are C. bathyphilus, just different morphs.

variant 2 and 3 look quite similar. my favourite is still the real hooded from vanuatu. i don't mind any of them but i want the real hooded the most.

The other "hooded" lookalike from Fiji region is the undescribed "nahackyi" wrasse. this is another one i'm waiting to see pop up mysteriously one day.

the bathyphilus complex is shrouded in much mystery especially from vanuatu, where there are a few undescribed species that look very similar to hooded. thus all the confusion.

The three photos shown below are the "known" variants for hooded. first one from vanuatu, 2nd one also from vanuatu and 3rd one from australia. variant 2 from vanuatu looks very similar to variant 3 from aussy. last picture shows the very rare undescribed nahackyi wrasse.

1st 2 photos credit by H. Tanaka, MD.

post-15755-049027400 1282323155_thumb.jp

post-15755-070936100 1282323161_thumb.jp

post-15755-098781200 1282323165_thumb.jp

post-15755-028374600 1282323368_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Updates at iwarna

- plenty of SPS left

- Red margin males are mostly gone, left one or two small males and plenty of females

- melanurus wrasse

- Male marjories are all sold out. left females. Identified by full red body and a black spot on the caudal penducle

- Anampses neoguinaicus aka china wrasse, came only 2, each around 2.5inch. very small size and cute, but snapped up even before 8am!

- plenty of large vila wrasse. Cirrhilabrus punctatus

- Fijian exquisite wrasse sold out

- white pipe organs

- some leftover zoas

- left over bubble corals, open brain, favias, gonio

Chaetodon daedalma.

the wrought iron butterflyfish. aptly named so for their incredible metal-like scales that resemble a shiny piece of chain mail swimming through the cool waters of japan. often swarm by the hundreds and divers call this event the "wrought iron ball".

May I know the price of the wrought iron? :ThanxSmiley:

• SRC Member

can pm me the interuptus price thanks..

$1.6k-$1.8k depending on size.

May I know the price of the wrought iron? :ThanxSmiley:

$2K

• Senior Reefer

CF

rather interesting ones are..

- plenty of Ecsenius bimaculatus (Two spot blennies) very cute

- plenty of Ecsenius stigmatura (Tail spot blennies)

- mystery wrasse

- Venustus angel

- Multibar angel

- Colini angel

- purple tangs

- a pair of red sea swallowtail angels, Genicanthus caudovittatus

- indonesian red margin wrasses

- blue line angels

- hybrid heraldi angels

- rhomboid wrasses

- helfrichi firefish

- Canthigaster jactator (Hawaiin white spotted toby)

- yellow tangs

- chevron tang

Saw the workers taking alot of fish out of QT room. so there are more un-updated ones.

• SRC Member

Hi, Everyone

Anyone know which LFS selling below coral.....

Species Name: Euphyllia paraancora

Common Name: Hammer Coral

Range: Western Pacific Ocean: Australia

Natural Environment: Shallow environments exposed to wave action

General Husbandry: Has a temperature range of 74 to 83°F (23 - 28°C). Similar to E. ancora, and rarely seen in the trade. Prefer medium light intensity, will do well under either indirect metal halide or fluorescent, gentle to medium water circulation.

Photo Credit: ozreef.org

• SRC Member

I saw hammer at jireh yesterday but at a very high price.

• SRC Member

Thank for the info.

Ya, i m not prepared into buying priceless coral for now.

On tight budget.....

Heard from a fellow reefer that he bought one from GO at 20++.

Dont know if this is the market price a not.