My Flame Angel mated?

Hi all,

Are my 2 Flame angel courtshipping or are they just playing :rolleyes: ?

The video that I have recorded was showing the bigger FA gently pushing the smaller FA almost to the water level as shown in the video and sometime I can see both of them dancing with fins opened widely.

This lovely action has just started since 4 days ago and it normally happens around 10-11pm which my LED lighting is dimming almost to 50-60 % period.

Please kindly advice :bow: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Hi all,

Are my 2 Flame angel courtshipping or are they just playing :rolleyes: ?

The video that I have recorded was showing the bigger FA gently pushing the smaller FA almost to the water level as shown in the video and sometime I can see both of them dancing with fins opened widely.

This action has just started since 4 days ago and it normally happens around 10-11pm which my LED lighting is dimming almost to 50-60 % period.

Please kindly advice :bow: .

Yes, on the way to spawning..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Any idea how soon will they spawn? Day, Week or Month?

Dunno leh.. But this is roughly what they will do during spawning.. They will keep practising until they got it right... You should see the sperms and eggs being released when the pair hit the surface..

Member of:

Dunno leh.. But this is roughly what they will do during spawning.. They will keep practising until they got it right... You should see the sperms and eggs being released when the pair hit the surface..

Ok. from now onward....I shall monitor them closely and camera their spawning process if possible :lol: !

but to have the youngs will be tough as they are so small to feed then the clownfish baby...

Yap...it's true but not impossible :whistle .

I would like to take the challenge if there is a chance given even those I know I may fail :sick: !

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Yap...it's true but not impossible :whistle .

I would like to take the challenge if there is a chance given even those I know I may fail :sick: !

Angelfish Fries are Pelagic so they need to be in constant movement water... And Yes, they are more difficult to feed due to their small size, if not wrong they will eat planktons and den rotifers...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

not spawning yet but they are practicing.

males will put his nose to the female's vent and slowly swim up toward the surface. once at the surface, both will quickly release sperm and eggs and go back down.

not spawning yet but they are practicing.

males will put his nose to the female's vent and slowly swim up toward the surface. once at the surface, both will quickly release sperm and eggs and go back down.

So mean that they release the sperm and eggs near to the water level :rolleyes: ! wouldn't the eggs flying around :paiseh: ?

Btw, they usually praticing at around 10-11pm nite time so am I right to say that the spawning time will be at nite time too?

• Senior Reefer

So mean that they release the sperm and eggs near to the water level :rolleyes: ! wouldn't the eggs flying around :paiseh: ?

Btw, they usually praticing at around 10-11pm nite time so am I right to say that the spawning time will be at nite time too?

yes they will release sperm and eggs very near to the water surface. it wont fly out. just at the surface. you will see a cloud of sperm and tiny tiny transparent eggs.

yours are on the way but not really spawning yet.

most dwarf angels spawn around sunset. usually 15 mins before to 45mins after the sun set. meaning they prefer dimmer lighting. are your lights on actinics around 10-11pm? looks to me like it. the dim lighting you are providing is similar to the "dusk" effect that the angels are used to spawning in the wild.

they will spawn almost everyday at the same time once they get it right.

flame angels are one of the easiest, if not, easiest dwarf angels to pair up and observe spawning due to the physical difference in appearance between males and females. enjoy this! it's a lovely sight to behold

• SRC Member

Flame Angel will spawn daily just before lights switch off. Their prolarva 1st feed is the most difficult. I'm still searching for it without success. You will need to find some species of calanoid that is free swimming and < 50um.

You can see my flame spawning video in my blog.

Cheers

JC

yes they will release sperm and eggs very near to the water surface. it wont fly out. just at the surface. you will see a cloud of sperm and tiny tiny transparent eggs.

yours are on the way but not really spawning yet.

most dwarf angels spawn around sunset. usually 15 mins before to 45mins after the sun set. meaning they prefer dimmer lighting. are your lights on actinics around 10-11pm? looks to me like it. the dim lighting you are providing is similar to the "dusk" effect that the angels are used to spawning in the wild.

they will spawn almost everyday at the same time once they get it right.

flame angels are one of the easiest, if not, easiest dwarf angels to pair up and observe spawning due to the physical difference in appearance between males and females. enjoy this! it's a lovely sight to behold

yes..10-11pm is the sunset period :eyebrow: .

Hopefully...I can capture all the spawning process with my video cam and share here :groupwavereversed: .

• Senior Reefer

should pair a rusty and a flame to produce the super rare super stunning rusty-flame hybrid that looks 99% identical to a shepardi angel, which is currently mega rare and unobtainable in Singapore.

post-15755-030047800 1282101927_thumb.jp

should pair a rusty and a flame to produce the super rare super stunning rusty-flame hybrid that looks 99% identical to a shepardi angel, which is currently mega rare and unobtainable in Singapore.

Lemon flame you want :evil: !