Aloysius's Humble Nano Reef Tank

AloysiusMun

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i think still better if u can replace their diet with frozen mysis...

i think i have a few dozens of live mysis in my tank, as my tank is fishless at the moment..

or with fat pods..

wow bro, where did you get the live mysis from? care to share? :) thanks!

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

wow bro, where did you get the live mysis from? care to share? :) thanks!

i think its diff to keep them alive if your tank have their predators..

i remb last time lck the pond in front where they keep the prawns have some mysis..

i got mine from iwarna tank beside the stone table, there happen to be one rock of coral full of pods and mysis in it, the refugium on the top also have alot of mysis in it...

After i replaced my sulphur beads the little fellas seem to have a boom in population.

Mix the Live Brine shrimp with the frozen mysis and feed it together.. It should work within 1-2 weeks... Add in selcon so that they will recognise selcon smell as food so they will eat.. I beileve there is no smell for brine shrimp, it is the movement that entice it to eat.. mixing mysis in the midst, they will get to taste the mysis too..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

live mysis can be found in iwarna's top refugium tank. can ask aunty give you a little collection, then go home and culture.

thanks bro,

bro Aloy! lets meet up some time soon, need to help my fren collect stuff from u :) hope ur yellow flasher has grown bigger by now!

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• SRC Member

thanks bro,

bro Aloy! lets meet up some time soon, need to help my fren collect stuff from u :) hope ur yellow flasher has grown bigger by now!

Yea we should! =)

U mean collect on LaW's behalf? Onizuka collected already. Yea my Flasher is doing good, actively swimming and all in my tank. He looks happy! Hahhaa.

• SRC Member

So... An update on my current tank status.

Live Stock:

1x Banded Serpent Starfish (healthy and fat from my detrius and leftover food)

2x Peppermint Shrimp (Happily explores my tank when lights are out, shed twice already, I assume its healthy)

1x Christmas Wrasse (Healthy but kinda stupid, only chooses to come out in the day but my tank lights are only on from 5pm onwards)

2x Onyx Clowns (Mated Pair) (Female is too aggressive for my liking, gonna get her a Bubble tip Anemone hopes it stay on the right side of my tank so my Flashers can live in the cervices on the left side of my tank) (Female currently isolated in a Betta Box)

1x Vanuatu Flasher Wrasse P. rubricaudalis (Male)(Healthy and Active other then Frayed tail Thanks to my Female Clown chair.gif )

1x Flasher Wrasse P. macoskeri (I think) (latest addition)(Flashing quite often, should do fine)

Zoas, Yumas and Acan doing okay. Opening up and basking under my Maxspect! happy.gif

p.s. Mandarin Pair kindly adopted by Peter. smile.gif

• SRC Member

Quick Photo Update!

My P. rubricaudalis after a Flashing bout with my P. mccoskeri

YK2O0240_rs.jpg

YK2O0235_rs.jpg

Its a pity his tail and fin got bitten by my Female Onxy, she's still in the Betta Box now. chair.gif

Gotta find her a Bubble Tip Anemone in hopes to lower her aggression and change her territorial behaviour to a small zone on the right side of my tank. pinch.gif

• SRC Member

those are some really nice photos.. a pity the tail got nipped.. hope it recovers soon though.. :)

mind if i ask what camera are u using?

• SRC Member

those are some really nice photos.. a pity the tail got nipped.. hope it recovers soon though.. :)

mind if i ask what camera are u using?

It's healing quite very well after I isolated my Female onyx.

I use a Canon EOS 1Ds-mkII with 24-70mm F2.8L for macro I use the Tamron 90mm F2.8 1:1. Light is from my maxspect 110w. Hahah :D

• SRC Member

One thing I realised about the Paracheilinus sp. is that its very critical to either keep males together or get a harem of females.

Over the past month, his colours faded a big and all I see is him stretching but never Displaying. After the introduction of the other male Paracheilinus sp. , my male Paracheilinus rubricaudalis has brighten up so much more. He's getting brighter yellow which is what a Vanuatu flasher wrasse should look like! groupwavereversed.gif

• SRC Member

There seems to be a problem with Photobucket. This is a repost of photos from Flickr. Just the last 3 photos of my Christmas wrasse and my Vanuatu Flasher!

Christmas Wrasse

4933979288_3b3fae07e5_z.jpg

YK2O0224 by AloysiusMun, on Flickr

Paracheilinus rubricaudalis (Red-tail Flasher wrasse)

4933376263_a1c78dc131_z.jpg

YK2O0235_rs by AloysiusMun, on Flickr

4933970186_fd7a6d31e2_z.jpg

YK2O0240_rs by AloysiusMun, on Flickr

groupwavereversed.gif

• SRC Member

stunning photos bro! :D