Eco lamp Lighting issue?

desideria

• SRC Member

HI guys,

would like to know whether anyone else is experiencing what had happened to me with regards to the ECO Lamp I bought. Basically my timer seems to have gone all wonkers and the clock time refuses to be set properly. I got this in the first AM preoder which arrived somewhere in the 1st week of June so this light set is barely 2 months old.

see youtube vid which shows the time going back to 82:33.. if such a time exists!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FSumN53TZY

anyone have any clues or experience this before?

When I called AM, Janet said all she can do is email to the manufacturer to ask as she doesnt have any inventory and apparantly there is even a backorder that ecolamp has yet to fulfill! SO even if I want to get a 1 for 1 exchange cause it's under warranty, I'd still have to WAIT most likely..... kinda praying the lights don't ###### up and truely die on me.

Desi

• Like 1

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Why dont you try not using the in-bulit timer and fixing it on a normal timer with a ON/OFF function ?

Maybe this will help you control the light till you get a reply from them.

HTH :)

• SRC Member

can't it's only 1 plug and when turn on.. have to manually press for full daylight or blue or moonlight..... so I don't THINK I can use a manual plug if the timer cocks up again.

Anyway, I remember someone else had also mentioned that his eco lamp had cocked up and the timer also had a problem..

very ridculous honestly.. had such high hopes and the timer screwed up so fast... monitoring my tank today via wireless webcam.. :(

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

sad to hear your case. If your lightset fails on you, i do have spare set to lend you(you sold your infinite?) Actually, this is one promising LEDs that i am looking forward but seems the supports remain questionable. Sorry, dont mean to rub salt on your wound and is grateful that you are sharing with us yr experience.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

thanks solo... no I haven't sold my infiniti , so worse comes to worse if the timer continues to run to weird timings like before., i'd have to refit my inifniti back and kena the Heating / temp issue all over again which was resolved by the LED until I get the timer resolved.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

An update

Manual timer works. Thank god! For the time being it's back to full blast Daylight LEDs when the power is activated. SO for all you eco lamp peeps out there whose timers IF THEY EVER get out of whack... hopefully the LED can STILL be set to Manual and Full Daylight.. and then you put those plug timers to turn on and off the ecolamp.

Response from Janet AM is that Ecolamp will send out the replacement timer by end of this week and then AM will come and replace my timer. I just hope the replacement comes in time and not get delayed for whatever reason as I may be traveling end of the month. Murphy's law seems to strike whenever you don't want it to.

Just cannot fathom WHY the timer can suddenly fail when it's so new! WHY! the gods of reefing do not look kindly upon mere mortals like us..

:erm::look:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• Senior Reefer

An update

Manual timer works. Thank god! For the time being it's back to full blast Daylight LEDs when the power is activated. SO for all you eco lamp peeps out there whose timers IF THEY EVER get out of whack... hopefully the LED can STILL be set to Manual and Full Daylight.. and then you put those plug timers to turn on and off the ecolamp.

Response from Janet AM is that Ecolamp will send out the replacement timer by end of this week and then AM will come and replace my timer. I just hope the replacement comes in time and not get delayed for whatever reason as I may be traveling end of the month. Murphy's law seems to strike whenever you don't want it to.

Just cannot fathom WHY the timer can suddenly fail when it's so new! WHY! the gods of reefing do not look kindly upon mere mortals like us..

:erm::look:

murphy's law is afterall, based on the fact that things always happen when you don't want to.

hope you fix your lights soon :)

• SRC Member

correction, I just checked my webcam.. and the lights are now suddenly BLUE!!!! I had left it on manual DAYLIGHT but now its all blue!!! :(

The timer/ setting has totally screwed up... :angry::angry::angry:

I really hope that this haphazard lighting photoperiod for the next dunno how long is gonna affect my livestock.. :(

any comments on haphazard photoperiod and the effects on corals or lifestock??? or am I overworrying? :mellow:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Are you keeping only LPS ? If so, it should be ok. I remember there was once when my tank was lighted only on Blue LED for two days ( Without me knowing it of course since i forget to ON the white light), and all my LPS is still opening as big as before.

Product failure does happen at time , and which is why there is always a warranty given on newly purschases products.

• SRC Member

thank god I don't keep much SPS otherwise hor seh liow because today the timer has totally decided to not work, when my manual plug in timer kicked in, the lights didn't even come on....

Webshot of my tank from the wireless webcam :

post-12571-042542800 1281685495_thumb.jp

Webshot of my tank yesterday when fulll daylight on ( the manual timer was working )

post-12571-024366100 1281685446_thumb.jp

An update I got from AM is that they will receive the replacement timer by end of this week so I hope I will get this fixed within the next couple of days if I assume the latest they get is this coming Sunday ( so 2 days worth of manual press press button until god willing day light comes on) so fingers crossed maybe by Monday or so I can rest easy again. But that's being VERY optimistic since there is no confirmed date.

I just hope that there will be no more drama after this otherwise I think a full 1 for 1 replacement is in order!

:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

hi puppet,

I can't tell how good it is as it's only been 2 months and my KR92 has spoilt. Today i had to manually click for daylight and then after 2 hours.. kaput!!... the whole thing died!!! :( I can't turn it on at all.

Apparantly I'm not the only one with the timer issue. I have asked someone else on an international forumn and even this rather well known reefer has problems with Eco lamp. :(

If this happened after 2-3 years, I would say wear and tear but only after TWO months? I am seriously disappointed. Aggravated by the fact that there is no backup inventory for any sudden failures like what I am going through and I have to wait for delivery!

I can only pray that hopefully Eco lamp /AM will be able to redeem themselves once they replace the timer and nothing else goes wrong.

The update is that the replacement timer will be delivered today but AM cannot tell what time it is arriving however if it is indeed being sent via DHL then there should not be any delay in express cause that's what EXPRESS is for! I hope that by tonight I get this fixed.

And Janet has told me that this time round she has been given spare timers for any future issues so that any future customers will not have to wait like me for a repair! :mellow: Hopefully so. For all you peeps involved in the first shipment of Eco lamp, just be aware of this timer issue. Once ###### up, will always ###### up so don't wait and see but get it replaced asap!!

:(

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Hi Puppet, KR92 seems to be one of the promising LED in the market. The situation faced by Sis Desideria is unfortunate. Some questions were asked in AM's column when they accept pre-launch order. From your recent post, it seems like you are also looking into "tech" equipment and want good supports. Good to read more. Am following the thread to see the support also.

Am please to hear that AM is rather responsive to your predicament.

Hope that all will be fine for you there.

Timer aside, is ecolamp kr92 really as good as it claims to be?

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

update : The replacement timer .. came and went.... taking with it my Eco Lamp because according to AH Du, the whole thing seems to have gone wonkers.. basically my light set is spoilt. Even when he tried to change the timer, it simply refused to work. THe LED display flickered but that's about it. It has officially died.:rip:

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

For now, I have put back my reliable but hot Gisseman Infiniti.. welcome back the heat issue but well bor pian.....

Ah du had taken back the entire ecolamp. I have insisted on a 1 for 1 exchange. I totally insist on a brand new piece and NOT to repair this current one which seems to be a lemon. :nuke: I do not know when my replacement will come in but I will wait and see what Janet can do for me to expediate this replacement. Eco lamp had better use EXPRESS next day delivery service to send it over! :(

I was so afraid this would happen and it did... heng.. why can't i be this heng in 4D or toto???

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

desi cheer up! still got your solid lightset to use. *gentle reminder to acclimate your corals to your MH lighting slowly in case it slipped ur mind* :chair:

hope that things can be done swiftly and after that, ur back to your coral stocking time... jiayou jiayou!

update : The replacement timer .. came and went.... taking with it my Eco Lamp because according to AH Du, the whole thing seems to have gone wonkers.. basically my light set is spoilt. Even when he tried to change the timer, it simply refused to work. THe LED display flickered but that's about it. It has officially died.:rip:

For now, I have put back my reliable but hot Gisseman Infiniti.. welcome back the heat issue but well bor pian.....

Ah du had taken back the entire ecolamp. I have insisted on a 1 for 1 exchange. I totally insist on a brand new piece and NOT to repair this current one which seems to be a lemon. :nuke: I do not know when my replacement will come in but I will wait and see what Janet can do for me to expediate this replacement. Eco lamp had better use EXPRESS next day delivery service to send it over! :(

I was so afraid this would happen and it did... heng.. why can't i be this heng in 4D or toto???

• SRC Member

sorry to hear about all these,

esp during a time when both ketchup and you are so busy with shifting house and all that..

hope your corals are able to tide through this period..

by the way i was reading the AM's thread and they mentioned on post #30 that they would do a 1 to 1 exchange if its within the 2years warranty period.

and yours is barely 2 months old..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

Hi Puppet, KR92 seems to be one of the promising LED in the market. The situation faced by Sis Desideria is unfortunate. Some questions were asked in AM's column when they accept pre-launch order. From your recent post, it seems like you are also looking into "tech" equipment and want good supports. Good to read more. Am following the thread to see the support also.

I think both "tech" equipment and KIS (Keep it simple) type equipment works, just that I am more of a tech junkie

But I think aftersales support is extremely important, not only just in prompness in reply but also the technical knowledge of the customer service provider :)

Thank God there is a great community here where we can share knowledge, it would be much better if the various LFS or equipment dealers also frequent these forums.

I spoke to AM about thier participation in the forum, they used to be rather active, well maybe more so in their promotion of products, less so in answering queries on forum. Janet shared that they used to frequent here but now they are too busy to do so, seems like they have to attend to more international orders etc. Perhaps it's good for them to continue to re-invest time into the forums here as today, such forums are the best way to reach their customers.

Maybe desideria or those who are close to AM can highlight to them the problems desideria is facing and that it is being discussed on the forums.

1)This might help desideria as AM will try their best to assist her since so many of us are watching.

2)This will help AM realise that they have a large customer base or potential customers here who are very keen to listen to the technical expertise from dealers

3)Benefit reefers like us who require assistance and advice from dealers and LFS.

Of couse we should not use this as a place to exert undue pressure on LFS/dealers for them to response to us in way that we want them to.

AM has been rather responsive thus far and they do have a good track record, and a single one time mess up can't really mean they totally messed up.

Cheer up desideria, I am sure the staff at AM will assist you fully, it seemed that the issue now is with Ecolamp distributor, once in a while we also buy lemons in our househould appliances, good thing about that is, spare parts, replacements are all readily available, not so much the case for you though.

All the best :)

U are one lucky one. Lol.

I think both "tech" equipment and KIS (Keep it simple) type equipment works, just that I am more of a tech junkie

But I think aftersales support is extremely important, not only just in prompness in reply but also the technical knowledge of the customer service provider :)

Thank God there is a great community here where we can share knowledge, it would be much better if the various LFS or equipment dealers also frequent these forums.

I spoke to AM about thier participation in the forum, they used to be rather active, well maybe more so in their promotion of products, less so in answering queries on forum. Janet shared that they used to frequent here but now they are too busy to do so, seems like they have to attend to more international orders etc. Perhaps it's good for them to continue to re-invest time into the forums here as today, such forums are the best way to reach their customers.

Maybe desideria or those who are close to AM can highlight to them the problems desideria is facing and that it is being discussed on the forums.

1)This might help desideria as AM will try their best to assist her since so many of us are watching.

2)This will help AM realise that they have a large customer base or potential customers here who are very keen to listen to the technical expertise from dealers

3)Benefit reefers like us who require assistance and advice from dealers and LFS.

Of couse we should not use this as a place to exert undue pressure on LFS/dealers for them to response to us in way that we want them to.

AM has been rather responsive thus far and they do have a good track record, and a single one time mess up can't really mean they totally messed up.

Cheer up desideria, I am sure the staff at AM will assist you fully, it seemed that the issue now is with Ecolamp distributor, once in a while we also buy lemons in our househould appliances, good thing about that is, spare parts, replacements are all readily available, not so much the case for you though.

All the best :)

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

UPdate :

AM has SMS me today that Ecolamp will be sending them the replacement early next week so technically, I should get my replacement by middle of next week. I had also asked for an email stating that it will be a brand new piece and not a repaired one which Janet replied to me Ccing the generic Ecolamp info e-mail.

From the time lag, it seems to me that it takes 1 week lead time for Ecolamp to do OR send out a replacement piece to me. No reason was given and I am led to make my own assumptions that which could be the following :

1. They have other orders to fulfill so my replacement is sent out later

2. They keep zero inventory so they make only when orders or such a case like mine appears.

who knows? :angel:

Whatever the reason, I have replied to AM thanking them for the info and for a request of the tracking number as if it's by DHL express, then it should be an overnight delivery.... after all, I work for DHL, I know how long it takes! :look:

I had also let it be known in the email cc-ing ecolamp that this sort of QC standard is intolerable and the only reason why I can wait till next week is because of my own backup Gisseman lighting. If my tank was SPS dominated, I would see allot of :rip: corals already.

oh well, sometimes.. I guess as what puppet says... we do get hit by lemons and I guess this is one of them!

I just wish the God of 4D/TOTO would hit me with such big lemons every now and then.....

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Good to hear. Did u check whether this replacement set will have warranty?

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

hhmmmm I forgot to ask.. thanks solo, I shall write again to enquire whether my 2 year warranty will start over from the time I receive the replacement set.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Hi Desi,

Any updates on your replacement?

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

As of this Tuesday morning, NOPE... not a tweet or a sound ..... Will be calling AM later today to enquire whether Ecolamp has sent out my replacement... I wonder now whether I should even put it back to the main tank.. not sure how the sudden change in lighting is affecting my corals but during the period when the ecolamp started to get wonky and the change back to my Gissema MH, 1 clam has died...litterally. withered and died... over a week... :( And it was placed right on top with maximum exposure to light. Before that it was doing AOK.... strange phenomena ....

anyway.... what can ya do.. :unsure: will definitely update when I finally get it.. so far it's been almost 3 weeks since I highlighted this issue on the 9th of Aug ....

oh yes I did SMS AM last thursday to confirm whether or not ecolamp was sending out my replacement on time and apparantly they were.. so I have yet to confirm..... so later la... :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

As of this Tuesday morning, NOPE... not a tweet or a sound ..... Will be calling AM later today to enquire whether Ecolamp has sent out my replacement... I wonder now whether I should even put it back to the main tank.. not sure how the sudden change in lighting is affecting my corals but during the period when the ecolamp started to get wonky and the change back to my Gissema MH, 1 clam has died...litterally. withered and died... over a week... :( And it was placed right on top with maximum exposure to light. Before that it was doing AOK.... strange phenomena ....

anyway.... what can ya do.. :unsure: will definitely update when I finally get it.. so far it's been almost 3 weeks since I highlighted this issue on the 9th of Aug ....

Hope things will be resolve soon.

Drastic spectrum and intensity changed could be the issue for the demise of your clam.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381