Lcf's tank

lcf425

oh i dunno lei what are good skimmer are there ar ?? and whats bk? to me bk is burger king LOL

HAHA! Burger King! LOL

AHBISH!!! Bubble King lar...

oh really dunno ma =.=eh bubble king not super duper ex mei?

That's why he say if you got more money mah..

deltec is the best. seriously.

i think deltec is even better than BK. especially the new SC series

Yeap, if you are really rich, then go for bubble king. It's not guaranteed solution to all reef tanks. It's just a name that sounds wahhh! that's all.

Skimmers work all the same. You got to look into its design, technology, reviews and most importantly, after sales support.

If a brand can fulfill your budget and the above, I think you can buy that and consider it to be suffice :)

Anyway from my observation, Deltec SC series and Skimz design look quite alike :X

*hope I dont get shot for defamation!*

i thought of sc but first its abit costy second its too huge for my sump worst part is i cant run outside due to my devilish newphe

Dun Bluff... LOL.. Ya, It is super ex.. SKIMZ is still cheaper in a sense lar..

what will your devilish nephew do?

*nephew runs to skimmer, nephew unhooks collection cup drain, nephew takes a cup, nephew collects kopi-o, nephew says "UNCLE, your kopi-o siew dai!" ROFL! :P

hex buttery become god ~~~~~~

:chair: :chair: :chair:

WAH uncle plays dota! whats your nick in garena? :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

If u can get a ap600, grab it. No regrets!

The skjmz e series looks like a good catch too.

Btw what skimmer are u using now??

And where's the bubble and true Octo pic...

bro i mean i am using a ap600 currently but giving me abit of a problem dunno is i dunno how to tune or is just me =.=

haven post picture super busy =.= haha will post tonight ^^

• SRC Member

HAHA! Burger King! LOL

Yeap, if you are really rich, then go for bubble king. It's not guaranteed solution to all reef tanks. It's just a name that sounds wahhh! that's all.

Skimmers work all the same. You got to look into its design, technology, reviews and most importantly, after sales support.

If a brand can fulfill your budget and the above, I think you can buy that and consider it to be suffice :)

Anyway from my observation, Deltec SC series and Skimz design look quite alike :X

*hope I dont get shot for defamation!*

what will your devilish nephew do?

*nephew runs to skimmer, nephew unhooks collection cup drain, nephew takes a cup, nephew collects kopi-o, nephew says "UNCLE, your kopi-o siew dai!" ROFL! :P

i dun mind if he does that =.= problem is when he is back home my stuff always end up broke one =( vvvvvvvv violent and playful kid =(

WAH uncle plays dota! whats your nick in garena? :D

i dun play dota just hexing terry buttery dun open its golden mouth then can become god LOL

• SRC Member

Lol was there with digi never even open at all then the price weird weird de so I just tell digi I just take ba try my luck it's cheap anyway =.= then so many ppl all waiting for the zoas to open =.=

either way I thinking of skimz 251 no need supply pump and small and price quite ok but no reviews on it Lei >.<

Lol was there with digi never even open at all then the price weird weird de so I just tell digi I just take ba try my luck it's cheap anyway =.= then so many ppl all waiting for the zoas to open =.=

either way I thinking of skimz 251 no need supply pump and small and price quite ok but no reviews on it Lei >.<

Skimz 251, you can look into AM store. That's the prototype model running under one of their tanks :)

IF not, you can try going into their blog and search. Glassbox or whatever. They have this youtube video showing the skimmate. That's SKIMZ 251 in action :)

Hope this helps :):)

Anyway which shipment did you go to get your true octo? hahahaha :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

like not skimming anything these this 2 days

ehiem 1250

I rememer u told me u jux did a water change recently right? The water change may cause skimmer to underperform for a while. After a while things should get back to normal and start skimming out stuff. U can try adding products like AZ-NO3 (i've passed u a bottle) or FM ultralife which enhance skimming. Deltec is suppose to be a good skimmer and if it does not skim out anything then probably changing to another skimmer will not help much either. However your skimmer is second hand so it's hard to say if the skimmer is still in good working condition.

Pinnacle coral shipment. A lot of pinnacle corals are shifted to Iwarna for sale.

• SRC Member

Skimz 251, you can look into AM store. That's the prototype model running under one of their tanks :)

IF not, you can try going into their blog and search. Glassbox or whatever. They have this youtube video showing the skimmate. That's SKIMZ 251 in action :)

Hope this helps :):)

Will check it out soon the new skimmer^^

the last pincale shipment 6 red note^^

• SRC Member

I rememer u told me u jux did a water change recently right? The water change may cause skimmer to underperform for a while. After a while things should get back to normal and start skimming out stuff. U can try adding products like AZ-NO3 (i've passed u a bottle) or FM ultralife which enhance skimming. Deltec is suppose to be a good skimmer and if it does not skim out anything then probably changing to another skimmer will not help much either. However your skimmer is second hand so it's hard to say if the skimmer is still in good working condition.

Pinnacle coral shipment. A lot of pinnacle corals are shifted to Iwarna for sale.

Yea weird type more later going off to work ^^

• SRC Member

hmmm hope it be better either way i changing it due to lack of space as i just install an FR... now its starting to skim out thick stuff yuck =.= but skim out lesser

now looking for orange plate maybe another true octo ^^

• Senior Reefer

skimming out thick stuff at the neck = dry skimming

skimming out watery skimmate in the cup = wet skimming.

it's not the efficiency of deficiency of your skimmer. it's how you tune it.

both methods of skimming are commonly employed and depends on your preference for dry or wet skim. personally i prefer dry skim as i have to clean it less often and saves water from my tank.

wet skim removes more chemicals which is better. but dry skim removes for organics which is also good. both have their pros and cons.

• SRC Member

problem is i have not tune anything at all hmmm... i guess is like what digi say after water change it will take a few days before it skim again? do you encounter the same problem? either way i changing skimmer due to space constrant too as i cant put anything outside my tank or it will spoil for sure =(

• SRC Member

problem is i have not tune anything at all hmmm... i guess is like what digi say after water change it will take a few days before it skim again? do you encounter the same problem? either way i changing skimmer due to space constrant too as i cant put anything outside my tank or it will spoil for sure =(

hmmm hope it be better either way i changing it due to lack of space as i just install an FR... now its starting to skim out thick stuff yuck =.= but skim out lesser

now looking for orange plate maybe another true octo ^^

Since u are changing another skimmer den no need to bother tune it anymore. Personally for skimmer i'll still go for first hand unless i can get from a trustworthy seller or at an irresistable cheap price.

Also u're getting another octo??! Listen to my advice, u like something does not mean u need to keep numerous of it. For example the flamebacks and your upcoming flame wrasse harem. For corals are the same. Too many of the same type will quickly make u grow bored of the fish. Even for the rarer fishes is the same situation, like interruptus when they come in so frequent and in bigger numbers, the fish jux lose the appeal v fast. Variety will brighten a reef tank more and make u stay interested in the fish or coral for a longer time. The idea of a group or harem is always a dream of every reefing hobbyist but those in the hobby long enough know it's not feasible becos the fishes dun stay in a group or harem or school together in our tank. If u keep more they will jux swim all over the tank separately and loosely and make the tank looks so much like an LFS stock tank and become duller and one will grow bored of everything fast.

This is jux my little advice and personal opinion and i'm sure there are some who disagree w me. So u can decide for your own if u fall under this category.

Since u are changing another skimmer den no need to bother tune it anymore. Personally for skimmer i'll still go for first hand unless i can get from a trustworthy seller or at an irresistable cheap price.

Also u're getting another octo??! Listen to my advice, u like something does not mean u need to keep numerous of it. For example the flamebacks and your upcoming flame wrasse harem. For corals are the same. Too many of the same type will quickly make u grow bored of the fish. Even for the rarer fishes is the same situation, like interruptus when they come in so frequent and in bigger numbers, the fish jux lose the appeal v fast. Variety will brighten a reef tank more and make u stay interested in the fish or coral for a longer time. The idea of a group or harem is always a dream of every reefing hobbyist but those in the hobby long enough know it's not feasible becos the fishes dun stay in a group or harem or school together in our tank. If u keep more they will jux swim all over the tank separately and loosely and make the tank looks so much like an LFS stock tank and become duller and one will grow bored of everything fast.

This is jux my little advice and personal opinion and i'm sure there are some who disagree w me. So u can decide for your own if u fall under this category.

I agree...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

i can't even begin to agree with you on this.

this is the most truthful thing i've heard since the day i was born. besides smoking is bad, no cheating during exams etc.

listen to him and me, don't need to get so many. a pair is fine but too many is just bordering insane. like when i heard about your 7 flamebacks, that's just insane and impulsive but i decided not to say anything.

think about it this way, at least you get to keep more different things :)

heirachy system does not work in reef tanks.

harems, pecking order, groups, are all thrown out of the window in this hobby.

in our confined space, it's very difficult to replicate nature unless your tank is thousands of gallons.

• SRC Member

yupp the skimmer ok now...just gonna upgrade soon and i will get first hand =.=

hmmm ok will see what else are there to buy then the same stuff hahaa