6flameback angel (sold 1)

0scribbled angel (sold off)

6fire shrimp (add 1)

3cleaner shrimp (add 1)

2harlequin shrimp

3pom pom crab

2randal pistrol shrimp

• Senior Reefer

omg 1 of my purple queen finally feeding on cyclopeeze SO HAPPYYYYYY!!!! hope it last long^^ and not MIA HOR TERRY!!!

feeding them is very easy.

keeping them alive after that is very difficult. i'm sorry but i will have to support terryz on this :P

they will MIA. sooner or later.

• SRC Member

keeping them alive after that is very difficult. i'm sorry but i will have to support terryz on this :P

Terry said something like 1 week or 2 weeks sure Mia ... Feeding purple queen easy that's the first time I heard of it =.=

Kind of agree with what bro lemon said on keeping the purple queen alive, bought 6 last time and they start feeding after 1 week but after around 1 mth, they start to MIA till all gone. :rip: Sad :cry:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

Kind of agree with what bro lemon said on keeping the purple queen alive, bought 6 last time and they start feeding after 1 week but after around 1 mth, they start to MIA till all gone. :rip: Sad :cry:

see how long they will stay with me then ...ba haha either way for a fish to start eating after a week is considered easy to feed???

see how long they will stay with me then ...ba haha either way for a fish to start eating after a week is considered easy to feed???

yup i also dun feel they r easy to feed as compare to dispar so i only agree with lemon on the part about keeping them alive. lol.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

yup i also dun feel they r easy to feed as compare to dispar so i only agree with lemon on the part about keeping them alive. lol.

LOL should compare with bartlet the pig >.<... erm this question may sound stupid how to know if this purple queen is stable and will not mia =.=?

• Senior Reefer

1 week to start feeding is nothing.

when you start keeping harder, more difficult fish, some will only take foods after months. surviving on liverocks for the few months they decide to go on feeding strike.

i had a blue eye anthias that only ate pellets after 1.5 years.

anyway purple queen is easy to feed. they take cyclopeeze pretty easily like most other anthias. but they just for some reason cannot survive long enough.

there are some success stories. just keep feeding alot.

• SRC Member

1 week to start feeding is nothing.

when you start keeping harder, more difficult fish, some will only take foods after months. surviving on liverocks for the few months they decide to go on feeding strike.

i had a blue eye anthias that only ate pellets after 1.5 years.

anyway purple queen is easy to feed. they take cyclopeeze pretty easily like most other anthias. but they just for some reason cannot survive long enough.

there are some success stories. just keep feeding alot.

lem so what is survive long?? and can i say if the purple queen feeds on pellat means its quite save or still unknown?

• Senior Reefer

lem so what is survive long?? and can i say if the purple queen feeds on pellat means its quite save or still unknown?

no cannot say if purple queen eat pellets means it is safe. you can feed it anything you want. it can also eat anything it wants. but that's not the problem. problem is how come they still MIA and die even after feeding?

i don't know. guess no one knows for sure. but i know that to give it the best chance it has, feed it many times a day. regardless of what you feed it, as long as it is nutritious and it gets many feedings a day, minimum 3x for purple queen. that should give it a good chance.

anthias spend their whole lives swimming in the water column, eating. they swim around and also hover on the spot. have you seen anthias in the wild? their bodies are always swishing left to right even when they are not moving.

this high demand for energy is the reason why they need so many feedings. to maintain their body weight. imagine yourself running around the whole day. and even when you're standing still, run on the spot. because anthias swim on the spot all day too.

i know people who keep purple queen for 1 year+. and videos from oceanic labs with continuous feeding systems have shown that purple queens are very sustainable species in the aquarium.

so we can rule out 1 factor for death. - Diet.

diet is not an issue with purple queen. they survive just as well on cyclopeeze, pellets, enriched baby brine shrimp etc. tested and proven.

so the issue lies elsewhere. one important factor is frequency of feeding. keep feeding regimes high with purple queens. small feedings many times a day is better than heavy feedings few times a day.

next could be water movement. anthias are found hovering over coral heads in areas with high water movement to draw food to them. a big tank with brisk water movement will help simulate natural environment.

overcrowing could also be an issue. if you have too many fish fighting for food or space, purple queens may not get their share.

these are just many factors which no one knows for sure why they are so difficult to sustain.

purple queens are not encouraged for reefers with small tanks and/or SPS. their need for space and heavy feeding requirements are not for the average reef tanks.

a good skimmer is a must as well as diligence to do water change.

• SRC Member

no cannot say if purple queen eat pellets means it is safe. you can feed it anything you want. it can also eat anything it wants. but that's not the problem. problem is how come they still MIA and die even after feeding?

i don't know. guess no one knows for sure. but i know that to give it the best chance it has, feed it many times a day. regardless of what you feed it, as long as it is nutritious and it gets many feedings a day, minimum 3x for purple queen. that should give it a good chance.

anthias spend their whole lives swimming in the water column, eating. they swim around and also hover on the spot. have you seen anthias in the wild? their bodies are always swishing left to right even when they are not moving.

this high demand for energy is the reason why they need so many feedings. to maintain their body weight. imagine yourself running around the whole day. and even when you're standing still, run on the spot. because anthias swim on the spot all day too.

i know people who keep purple queen for 1 year+. and videos from oceanic labs with continuous feeding systems have shown that purple queens are very sustainable species in the aquarium.

so we can rule out 1 factor for death. - Diet.

diet is not an issue with purple queen. they survive just as well on cyclopeeze, pellets, enriched baby brine shrimp etc. tested and proven.

so the issue lies elsewhere. one important factor is frequency of feeding. keep feeding regimes high with purple queens. small feedings many times a day is better than heavy feedings few times a day.

next could be water movement. anthias are found hovering over coral heads in areas with high water movement to draw food to them. a big tank with brisk water movement will help simulate natural environment.

overcrowing could also be an issue. if you have too many fish fighting for food or space, purple queens may not get their share.

these are just many factors which no one knows for sure why they are so difficult to sustain.

purple queens are not encouraged for reefers with small tanks and/or SPS. their need for space and heavy feeding requirements are not for the average reef tanks.

a good skimmer is a must as well as diligence to do water change.

lem 3x as in 30 to 39 times or 3 times a day i have a food dispenser that feeds 6 times a day and i feed frozen food 3 times a day

yea upgrade the skimmer once i catch a good deal

and i am lowering my bio load though it kinda slow =.=

• Senior Reefer

lem 3x as in 30 to 39 times or 3 times a day i have a food dispenser that feeds 6 times a day and i feed frozen food 3 times a day

yea upgrade the skimmer once i catch a good deal

and i am lowering my bio load though it kinda slow =.=

3 times a day.

of course you could feed 6x a day but small small feedings.

lower your bioload. your tank is extremely crowded for a 3ft tank. do remember that fishes will grow too.

• SRC Member

3 times a day.

of course you could feed 6x a day but small small feedings.

lower your bioload. your tank is extremely crowded for a 3ft tank. do remember that fishes will grow too.

heng ar i thought 30 times =.=

yupp feeding in small amounts only

yea lowering haha

• SRC Member

Gogogo... Clear clear clear...

clearing 1 day sell one busket forget to post radiant wrasse then that day swim in =.= btw i got one carpet mouth like very big dunno if its doing well lei post a pic if i can tonight^^

clearing 1 day sell one busket forget to post radiant wrasse then that day swim in =.= btw i got one carpet mouth like very big dunno if its doing well lei post a pic if i can tonight^^

Anemone mouth open very big is not a good sign...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp