Lcf's tank

lcf425

• SRC Member

Do u have testkits for Ca,KH n possibly PH? If u do then easy, continue ur 2 pail a day routine. Do Ca/KH/PH n salinity test for 3 days in a row, if the parameters r stable then go ahead continue.

If they're not stable of even close then i suggest a 10% water change a week. What salt are u using? Or are u using NSW? Is there nuisance algae growing on your rocks?

If u decide to do what i suggested pls post ur parameters for the 3 days.

• Moderators

I am using d&d currently changing to tropic marine soon . PH is usually 8.3 salt is 1.024 . Other 2 I need test kit . So far till date no algae problem ^^

Unless there is a bad experience u had with your regular salt.

I won't suggest you change them since your tank had gotten use to the specs.

Try to maintain consistency to archieve a stable tank.

Just my 2 cts ;)

Tom

• Senior Reefer

post-18157-091426000 1291116414_thumb.jppost-18157-049755100 1291116404_thumb.jplastest addition super happy with it!

omg. such a big clam.

you have to take note of your kH and calcium levels because this things suck them up super super quickly.

also your lighting, is it sufficient for them?

squamosa should not need as much light as maximas and croceas but being a tridacnid clam, make sure the light is strong. otherwise over time, the mantle will lose it's brilliant colours.

• SRC Member

hmmm if you say squamosa should not need as much light as maxima and croceas then this should not be a problem as i used to keep both as the same spot without problem before ^^Or if any change in color i will add 2 more tubes of T5 in which i already am looking for it^^

hope my water change would cover back the lost from the clam lo

• Senior Reefer

hmmm if you say squamosa should not need as much light as maxima and croceas then this should not be a problem as i used to keep both as the same spot without problem before ^^Or if any change in color i will add 2 more tubes of T5 in which i already am looking for it^^

hope my water change would cover back the lost from the clam lo

ok.

you keep before maxima and crocea then should be ok.

they won't die. the colours will fade only. under super strong lights the colour will be better.

anyway that's a very nice piece. have not seen squamosas in a long time already.

water change shud cover back the loss calcium and kH but provided you do very regular water changes. since you keeping LPS and softies, the calcium and kH levels will remain rather constant so to speak. they don't suck up alot. so shud be fine with your clam.

Very nice clam! It looks awesome in that spot.

U are doing daily water change so it should replenish the CA and KH fast enough.

All the tridacna clams need a lot of light, so try not to shift it too low if u ever want to change position next time.

• Senior Reefer

if you want to keep clams you need strong lights.

upgrade lor then you can keep a wider array of things. SPS even! if you ever get poisoned. heh.

never say never.

coz i hated SPS last time but look at me now...

sigh.

ok ...thanks for all the advises! And i am looking for a better lightset already or another 2 tubes lo for my tank as i feel its not bright enough yet =(

It's definitely bright enough for the LPS, but for clam, a bit on the low side. If u can add another two T5 tubes will be better for the clam long term.

• SRC Member

WOW I love your hugmungous CLAM!!!! It is lovely!

I am looking for one like that to put in my tank too but I am wondering whether my LED lights are bright enough... hhmmmmm....... I

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

WOW I love your hugmungous CLAM!!!! It is lovely!

I am looking for one like that to put in my tank too but I am wondering whether my LED lights are bright enough... hhmmmmm....... I

Hahaha hope can lo then can exchange pointers ^.^