my new list of stocklist which i wish to have in my tank only

1x rhomboid wrasse

1x flame wrasse

1x vanuatu hooded wrasse

1x aussy hooded wrasse

1x vanuatu flasher wrasse

1x vanuatu mystery wrasse

1x linestus wrasse

cant think of any other fishes to add liao anyone~~~?? target is to keep only 10 fish!

• SRC Member

1x rhomboid wrasse

1x flame wrasse

1x vanuatu hooded wrasse

1x aussy hooded wrasse

1x linestus wrasse

1x Helfrichi Firefish

cant think of any other fishes to add liao anyone~~~?? target is to keep only 10 fish!

• Senior Reefer

aiyoh at the end of the day i only 2 words nia. hooded, flame. everyday hooded and flame.

i lend you my 500 page wrasse book you go and take a look and see what others interest you bah. ok? :thumbsup:

1x rhomboid wrasse

1x flame wrasse

1x vanuatu hooded wrasse

1x aussy hooded wrasse

1x linestus wrasse

1x Helfrichi Firefish

Jon, your knowledge of fishes is so limited. Why a whole list of only fairy wrasses? There are so many other interesting fishes. Read up more on the fishes and learn about them, rahter than jux see the pics on the net and discount the fish becos they are not nice or colourful. If like that then your list will forever be hooded and flame and rhomboid. A lot of other fishes are interesting to me and i want to keep them becos of their stories and background and they're special, and not becos they're colourful or extremely beautiful or wat.

• Senior Reefer

Jon, your knowledge of fishes is so limited. Why a whole list of only fairy wrasses? There are so many other interesting fishes. Read up more on the fishes and learn about them, rahter than jux see the pics on the net and discount the fish becos they are not nice or colourful. If like that then your list will forever be hooded and flame and rhomboid. A lot of other fishes are interesting to me and i want to keep them becos of their stories and background and they're special, and not becos they're colourful or extremely beautiful or wat.

agree.

maybe try to include at least 1 fish from every family?

tang (personally hate tangs the most but to each their own. you may find something you like here)

wrasse (2nd largest family in the marine industry. dont limit yourself to flame and hooded. theres thousands and thousands of wrasses. not only 5)

angel (dwarf angels. but if you dont want then dont bother. wait eat ur corals more stress)

damsel/chromises (vanderbilt, rollandi, tricinctus etc are very peaceful and beautiful)

basslets (anthias, liopropoma, gramma etc are all under the basslet family)

gobies/blennies (gobies are the largest family of fish. so many beautiful and interesting fishes from this family!)

slowly go research each family up and create a well diversed tank. if not after 10 years you will still only be talking about hooded and flame.

• SRC Member

agree.

maybe try to include at least 1 fish from every family?

tang (personally hate tangs the most but to each their own. you may find something you like here)

tang bio load high and get ich quite easy other then the zebra group which i dislike now

wrasse (2nd largest family in the marine industry. dont limit yourself to flame and hooded. theres thousands and thousands of wrasses. not only 5)

its not limit its i really love the colors of the wrasse however majority are red. firstly the wrasse from your book usually are very difficult or not obtainable or worst off is vvvvv costly =(

angel (dwarf angels. but if you dont want then dont bother. wait eat ur corals more stress)

yea thats why i cut of all angel be it dwarf cause i also love my lps =.=

damsel/chromises (vanderbilt, rollandi, tricinctus etc are very peaceful and beautiful)

only like rollandi the only damsel that i may consider keeping since it will stay small... the rest are usually very aggressive to what i know

basslets (anthias, liopropoma, gramma etc are all under the basslet family)

ZERO luck with basslets that why dun dare to try any =( except maybe candy since i like it so much. Anthias need alot of swimming space to look nice my tank is so small thats why i choose to give up this species too and moreover its like a minimum to keep 3 to 5 to make them look nicer though you can also keep 1 only. targeting 10fishes!

gobies/blennies (gobies are the largest family of fish. so many beautiful and interesting fishes from this family!)

i still looking for gobies that are shrimp save as you know i keep harlequin shirmp. Blennies i feel that they will knock on my corals causing them to drop and need to repick as you know how to place my corals and i dun like to put my hand in the tank unless needed too =)

slowly go research each family up and create a well diversed tank. if not after 10 years you will still only be talking about hooded and flame.

i tried googling and yahoo however i usually end up with the same few fishes prehaps i like only a few fishes =.=

aiyoh at the end of the day i only 2 words nia. hooded, flame. everyday hooded and flame.

i lend you my 500 page wrasse book you go and take a look and see what others interest you bah. ok? :thumbsup:

I agree.. Lend to him.. His jaw will drop...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

hmmm right now i just aimming to keep my fishes alive for more then 1year then be more adventures as by then i will know what to do when problem occurs. As right now i have only encounter ich and velvet though i dun not wish to encouter the rest its best that my tank become super stable and meanwhile as i go out more often with you guys then i will get to encounter more species then i can redo the list but i doubt it will be in the near future=(

• Senior Reefer

my wrasse book contains ALL the wrasses in the world. how can they all be unobtainable and v ex? lol. there are many that are cheap and commonly available.

and dont need to restrict yourself to ONLY fairy wrasse. got flashers, line wrasse, pencil, leopard, tamarin etc.

also fairy have so many species. to date there are 61 fairy wrasses but you've only seen like, 5 and you say those 5 are your favourite and must keep only those.

i know your type. you see something you like and instantly become your favourite. like last time you were mad abot rhomboids. then we introduce flame wrasse to you and you instantly become flame wrasse crazy. next was the hooded and then you became hooded crazy.

there are 61 species of Cirrhilabrus. I'm sure there's more you like, you just don't know it yet :)

blennies toppling corals? that's not true. most blennies stay very small like tail spot size. how can they topple corals. unless they are the larger blennies from the genus Salarius (algae blenny). those grow v big and v destructive. so more research and you will see there are so many species to choose from.

angels? at least keep 1 lor. your old tank had 7 flame backs, 3 flame angels etc etc etc. just because 1 scribble angel eat your LPS doesn't mean you have to abandon the whole idea. in the first place scribbled is 100% eat corals one. get a dwarf. they are safe to most extent.

your choices are too extreme liao. either you stock tooooo much like previously, or toooo low like 10 fish. to be honest, 10 fish is not realistic. knowing you, 10 is going to be VERY hard to control. like yesterday, you die die must bring home the condei liao lol! how to control 10 fishes like that?

and your angels. you were so crazy about angels last time. face 1 set back and you ditch the entire family just like that.

and your disease problem. one disease outbreak and you want to decomm liao.

cannot be so rash and extreme in this hobby, because there are going to be many more problems in future. what you are experiencing now is just the tip of the iceberg. i've been through this before last time and almost decomm 2 months after i started. worse than you!! lol

so keep a balance. i think 15 to 20 is still acceptable. since you're not keeping SPS, 15-20 should be fine.

slowly choose your fish then can share your ideas with me or digi, or post here. then we can advise you wether it is suitable or not.

stocking is the most fun part of the hobby in my opinion. so many things to see and buy. so don't limit yourself to such extent. :)

• SRC Member

my wrasse book contains ALL the wrasses in the world. how can they all be unobtainable and v ex? lol. there are many that are cheap and commonly available.

and dont need to restrict yourself to ONLY fairy wrasse. got flashers, line wrasse, pencil, leopard, tamarin etc.

flasher haven really seen much yet. Line wrasse usually fierce as what i know. Pencil not seen or heard any yet. Leopard and tamarin usually difficult and shipping usually pretty bad =(.

also fairy have so many species. to date there are 61 fairy wrasses but you've only seen like, 5 and you say those 5 are your favourite and must keep only those.

i have at least seen 50 of them on liveaquria however there really is only this 5 so far =.=

i know your type. you see something you like and instantly become your favourite. like last time you were mad abot rhomboids. then we introduce flame wrasse to you and you instantly become flame wrasse crazy. next was the hooded and then you became hooded crazy.

there are 61 species of Cirrhilabrus. I'm sure there's more you like, you just don't know it yet :)

maybe but lets hope not cause i really intend to keep only 10

blennies toppling corals? that's not true. most blennies stay very small like tail spot size. how can they topple corals. unless they are the larger blennies from the genus Salarius (algae blenny). those grow v big and v destructive. so more research and you will see there are so many species to choose from.

yes true they are small however i have frags of zoas and candy just the slightest movement will make them drop

angels? at least keep 1 lor. your old tank had 7 flame backs, 3 flame angels etc etc etc. just because 1 scribble angel eat your LPS doesn't mean you have to abandon the whole idea. in the first place scribbled is 100% eat corals one. get a dwarf. they are safe to most extent.

its not just that i heard too many story that i really dun dare to keep such as even when you keep them from small they may just change to love to feed on your corals and i really hate to trap my fishes very mafan!

your choices are too extreme liao. either you stock tooooo much like previously, or toooo low like 10 fish. to be honest, 10 fish is not realistic. knowing you, 10 is going to be VERY hard to control. like yesterday, you die die must bring home the condei liao lol! how to control 10 fishes like that?

trust me if i say can means can one either way keep the target at 10 is better then 15 so even if i overshot i am still in the low stocking place ma

and your angels. you were so crazy about angels last time. face 1 set back and you ditch the entire family just like that.

and your disease problem. one disease outbreak and you want to decomm liao.

alot of money and very depressing de bro money dun drop from the sky one ok?

cannot be so rash and extreme in this hobby, because there are going to be many more problems in future. what you are experiencing now is just the tip of the iceberg. i've been through this before last time and almost decomm 2 months after i started. worse than you!! lol

so keep a balance. i think 15 to 20 is still acceptable. since you're not keeping SPS, 15-20 should be fine.

slowly choose your fish then can share your ideas with me or digi, or post here. then we can advise you wether it is suitable or not.

stocking is the most fun part of the hobby in my opinion. so many things to see and buy. so don't limit yourself to such extent. :)

i will choose to play save as i said above aim 10 then always got space to overshoot abit if needed hahaha

• Senior Reefer

pencil wrasse so common.

P. cerasinus, P. severnsi etc are always available during philippine shipment.

you've seen 50 species of fairy wrasses on liveaquaria!? impossible. out of 60 species, at least 1/3 are unobtainable and 1/2 are very rare. liveaquria only show at least 10-15 species of fairies nia.

anyway good luck in just stocking 10 fishes. your hand very itchy one haha so hope you can stick to your plan! don't forget you already have your condei and your flasher from iwarna and condei is not even on your list.

dont buy on impulse. condei is nice but if you don't like it, don't buy.

anyway im going out now. i'll continue talking with you in the evening.

• SRC Member

pencil wrasse so common.

P. cerasinus, P. severnsi etc are always available during philippine shipment.

you've seen 50 species of fairy wrasses on liveaquaria!? impossible. out of 60 species, at least 1/3 are unobtainable and 1/2 are very rare. liveaquria only show at least 10-15 species of fairies nia.

and a few other webbie see 1/3 UNOBTAINABLE 1/2 RARE so when they so lucky come then say lo LOL

anyway good luck in just stocking 10 fishes. your hand very itchy one haha so hope you can stick to your plan! don't forget you already have your condei and your flasher from iwarna and condei is not even on your list.

to be excalt is impulse but after this outbreak i think will have more control le ba

dont buy on impulse. condei is nice but if you don't like it, don't buy.

anyway im going out now. i'll continue talking with you in the evening.

• SRC Member

Livestock list

5bartlett anthais

2diapar anthais

1yellow tang

1hooded wrasse

2lepord wrasse

2flame wrasse

1condei wrasse

1vanuatu flasher

1flame angel

2flameback angel

6fire shrimp

3cleaner shrimp

2harlequin shrimp

3pom pom crab

2randal pistrol shrimp

• SRC Member

bro no tank updates!? time to go trigger-happy on ur camera again.. :) hows all the fishes holding up for u?

Still got death for the new fishes =[ hmmm moving to more corals though still find it hard to control on fishes haha

bro, don't give up so easily lah. seriously. don't because of one failure you abandon the whole ship! In life, there are going to be more obstacles for you to cross eh! JIAYOU! :)

Anyway corals aint that fanciful either. You got to deal with chemical warfares, appropriate planning and perhaps some luck. Like zoas. to date, I still lose some somehow even though they may look stable already :(

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Still got death for the new fishes =[ hmmm moving to more corals though still find it hard to control on fishes haha

sorry to hear that dude,

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)