Lcf's tank

lcf425

probably.

it's definitely not the flavoguttatus anthias itself because alot of customers and reefers at iwarna buy them in small groups but never hear them killing each other off before.

But from most feedback in RC, they do get aggressive among themselves... I think the tank size plays a big part too...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Maybe hmmm wait for digi lo since he got 5 haha ^^Hmm Maybe I unlucky ba cause the first one that swim out to eat was the one that kill the rest =[

Flavo killing each other is weird to me. My flavo do not kill each other, they do not even fight at all. They are like princess anthias, v docile and rather timid. They will die, becos although feeding does not look like they are feeding enough to me. Still thin and fragile looking constantly hovering in the water column. U sure yours died becos of killing each other? Cos i've seen your last one and it looks thin and weak also, symptoms of malnutrition.

• SRC Member

cause i notice as time to come only lesser and lesser come out!moreover now they feed quite aggesively for mysis and henrys food can show you next time.But like you say i did not see they really fight to death only some chasing but not by other fishes but their own kind=(

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

after a flukes outbreak here whats left =(

Livestock list

6bartlett anthais

3diapar anthais

1yellow tang

1hooded wrasse

2lepord wrasse

4flame wrasse

1flame angel

2flameback angel

6fire shrimp

3cleaner shrimp

2harlequin shrimp

3pom pom crab

2randal pistrol shrimp

• SRC Member

after a flukes outbreak here whats left =(

Livestock list

6bartlett anthais

3diapar anthais

1yellow tang

1hooded wrasse

2lepord wrasse

4flame wrasse

1flame angel

2flameback angel

6fire shrimp

3cleaner shrimp

2harlequin shrimp

3pom pom crab

2randal pistrol shrimp

what happen bro? what had dead?

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• Senior Reefer

Anyone got any advice to share on how to cure flukes ?? Currently dosing prazi however it does not seem to help improve and fishes are dying daily =[

DYING DAILY? that's not flukes. flukes don't kill this quickly.

you pm me say your yellow tang is covered in fine dust.

is it breathing very heavily? how long already.

this sounds like velvet.

velvet kills very fast. within a few days ALL will die. the reason why you still have some fishes alive is because of your UV. but it's just prolonging the outbreak.

after you solve this ordeal, i hope it serves as a lesson not to anyhow buy fish and buy so many. your tank recently was over stocked with more than 30 fishes and there was a point where you had more than 10 angels, more than 10 anthias, more than 10 wrasses at any one time.

the high traffic of fish with no quarantine will definitely bring in disease.

flukes are very common in wild caught angels, and so is velvet.

• Senior Reefer

die next day after infection of white powder = velvet. powdery spots all over the body is a sign of velvet.

it's not flukes.

it's velvet. like i said, the UV helps abit thats why your fishes are not dying as quickly as per normal.

this should be a lesson learnt for stocking so fast and so many fishes at once. next time don't repeat this.

your best bet now is to remove all fishes and copper everything. however most likely copper will not work at this stage and you will watch as your fish die one by one.

• SRC Member

I though velvet will wipe out the whole tank within days cause it's like 2weeks since this weird wipe out which ever fish that has this white powder on the body will lose appetite and die the next day if it's velvet, could you guide me how to save this situation ?

• Senior Reefer

I though velvet will wipe out the whole tank within days cause it's like 2weeks since this weird wipe out which ever fish that has this white powder on the body will lose appetite and die the next day if it's velvet, could you guide me how to save this situation ?

please type with punctuations. this is the 100th time im reminding you. if you want me to help you, you have to calm down and type properly so that i can read what you are saying.

this is the 3rd time im saying. your velvet did not kill your fishes so quickly as it should because you have your UV.

for example. Boy A has final stage cancer.

Boy B has final stage cancer but is undergoing chemotherapy.

both boy A and B will die but boy B lasted an extra 5 months. why? because the chemothepray prolonged his life. that is what your UV is doing now.

Your fishes are still infected with velvet and will still die but slower because of the UV. if not for it, within 2-3 days all will die.

also this is the 2nd time im saying this. White powdery spots very fine like dust, is velvet. not flukes. flukes either infect the gills or infect the skin.

gill flukes = veryh eavy breathing and die slowly over few days.

skin flukes = alot of scratching, alot of flicking, sliming, pale patchy colours on the eyes and skin.

this is the 3rd time im saying this. to cure your fish, the only chance you have now is copper. but for velvet, when you notice symptoms and fish start dying, it's too late already and copper might not even work.

you must listen to my advice because i've repeated this multiple times over the past 1 hour liao.

good luck!

• Senior Reefer

i've not used copper before so i cannot help you on this.

maybe u can ask digiman what brand he used and how because he use before. it's useful to keep some at home for future.

anyway, copper dose too much = fish die. dose too little = useless. the margin of error is too slim.

that's all i know.

• SRC Member

...to cure your fish, the only chance you have now is copper. but for velvet, when you notice symptoms and fish start dying, it's too late already and copper might not even work.

good luck!

Seems like too late for a cure already and just wait for the fish to perish?? :(:cry2:

• Senior Reefer

Seems like too late for a cure already and just wait for the fish to perish?? :(:cry2:

copper will help but not a guarantee.

velvet if too severe will not be cured with copper.

if it's early stages and the other fishes do not show symptoms, copper works very well.

copper will help but not a guarantee.

velvet if too severe will not be cured with copper.

if it's early stages and the other fishes do not show symptoms, copper works very well.

but copper has to be done outside tank right? heard they kill corals too :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Currently my tank all new and semi new fishes has died only left with the old fishes which health are better then the newer ones. That's explains why though the outbreak of velvet all has yet to perish, however i notice only once in 3days an older fish will catch this powder body spot which usually will die the following day =[

• Senior Reefer

Currently my tank all new and semi new fishes has died only left with the old fishes which health are better then the newer ones. That's explains why though the outbreak of velvet all has yet to perish, however i notice only once in 3days an older fish will catch this powder body spot which usually will die the following day =[

the older fishes are stronger so can resist the velvet better. but as you can see, they still succumb to it sooner or later.

from the time of infection till time of death is only 1 day. that means that it's velvet and it's killing your fish very fast.

the fishes are resisting the velvet with the help of your UV but once it catches it, it died very quickly.

• SRC Member

the older fishes are stronger so can resist the velvet better. but as you can see, they still succumb to it sooner or later.

from the time of infection till time of death is only 1 day. that means that it's velvet and it's killing your fish very fast.

the fishes are resisting the velvet with the help of your UV but once it catches it, it died very quickly.

:agreed: velvet sucks.. i learnt it the hard way..

• SRC Member

perhaps have to break the

life cycle of velvet in the tank

Maybe can try tis?:

The best treatment is with copper at 0.2 mg per liter (0.2 ppm) to be repeated once in a few days if necessary. Acriflavine (trypaflavine) may be used instead at 0.2% solution (1 ml per liter). As acriflavine can possibly sterilize fish and copper can lead to poisoning, the water should be gradually changed after a cure has been effected.

Best is to exercise control

When buying Livestock~~

Think your tank stocks a bit

far overcrowded will result

in poor water parameter thus

opening a doorway to all the

virus etc

Less Fishes~ Less Problems~Happy Reefing

:P