Lcf's tank

lcf425

• Senior Reefer

the whole reason why u going 3 3 2 is coz it's easy to maintain. if you put high cabinet it will be back to square one and it will be impossible to maintain.

seriously. 3ft width is no joke.

mine is 3.5 x 3.5 x 2 and already there are parts i cannot reach by hand at all.

anyway i suggest don't upgrade first.

you just started this hobby not to long ago and you are progressing way too too fast. slow down and enjoy the hobby.

it's not a race!! take your time to stock and play.

• SRC Member

hmmm ok...cause what i thought is only the beginning rockscape is difficult after that placing corals shouldnt be a problem ... no la cause i usually start early in my search for my stuff only cheap then i buy hope i will find such a deal in 2 years ba ahaha as you guys once say not many ppl in sg have a 3x3x2 tank ma

• SRC Member

agree with the slowing down part.. :thumbsup:

let your current tank mature first, maybe half a year to 1 year, in the process, there will be much more to experience and learn as u go along..

that way, when u plan for a new bigger tank, u have more experience and will be able to foresee and rectify any potential errors that you might have discovered from your current tank setup.. some problems will only surface after months or maybe years.. so your 3 month-old tank that don't have any problems now, doesnt mean its fool-proof already.. many unexpected issues will come up in the reefing process as the tank matures, even the reefers here are also learning new things as we go along.. :cheers:

take your time bro, there is no hurry to upgrade.. ^_^

wa h your tank not even 3 months you want to upgrade? slowly enjoy it lor. build it up let it mature.

3ft cube is a terrible idea. very difficult to scape and maintain. if you want, do a 3x3x2. the height 2ft still easier. 2ft height very hard to manage.

+1. Height for 2ft enough already. I personally prefer a 4x3x2 tank hahaha. alot of space to play with :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

yea i will do my best to control should be since its not a small sum of money =.=.... and LEMON I FOUND MY FULL MOON GOBY if managed to catch it i sell you IF i can catch it though -.-

if you can catch it i want it.

• Senior Reefer

maybe not clear cause its lower body turn very white

belly turn white is normal when semi- excited.

when it's fully flashing, you will see the top half of the body turn purple and the belly turn bright orange.

i think i posted a picture of australian hooded flashing before somewhere but can't seem to find it.

aussy hooded and vanuatu hooded flash differently. have not seen a vanuatu hooded flash before.

every fairy wrasse flashes differently and it's very exciting to see how each and everyone of them flash.

• Senior Reefer

Found it.

here's an aussy hooded flashing before mating with a female.

the dorsal region closer to the tail turns brilliant purple.

your hooded looks bigger so when it really flash, it probably will turn out nicer.

post-15755-031864000 1285850377.txt

• Senior Reefer

Wow cool ^^ either way have to do water change more frequently to improve my water though the ich is clearing up

watching fairy wrasses change from normal colours to nuptial colours actually very amazing.

i think i will start one thread later to show all the different fairies flashing.

hooded flashing^^

Your hooded is not flashing. I've told u before when the fairy flashes it'll be as if the body is glowing and emitting white light. The hooded in the video is only opening it's fins to swim and the T5 lights is reflecting off it's body tat's all.

Pls do not upgrade so fast! Further i dun think u can find anyone here in the forum selling a 3 by 3 tank unless lemon or terryz is selling anytime soon. The number of 3 by 3 tank keepers in this forum i can count w one hand!

Chilli coral is not an easy coral, but it's v red and beautiful, worth a try.

RB got a lot of high grade acan, scolymia and favia. But price i think will be a turn-off cos from aussie.

• SRC Member

watching fairy wrasses change from normal colours to nuptial colours actually very amazing.

i think i will start one thread later to show all the different fairies flashing.

Btw Lem can I say it will only flash when mating ? Or ...?

• Senior Reefer

the lineatus wrasse shows one of the more dramatic colour change while flashing.

compare first picture and 2nd picture. when flashing, dorsal and anal fins turn bright white, tail turns red and pectoral fins turn orange.

post-15755-033132300 1285851450_thumb.jp

post-15755-021523100 1285851454_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Your hooded is not flashing. I've told u before when the fairy flashes it'll be as if the body is glowing and emitting white light. The hooded in the video is only opening it's fins to swim and the T5 lights is reflecting off it's body tat's all.

Pls do not upgrade so fast! Further i dun think u can find anyone here in the forum selling a 3 by 3 tank unless lemon or terryz is selling anytime soon. The number of 3 by 3 tank keepers in this forum i can count w one hand!

Chilli coral is not an easy coral, but it's v red and beautiful, worth a try.

RB got a lot of high grade acan, scolymia and favia. But price i think will be a turn-off cos from aussie.

Yea I heard from the above advise will not upgrade anytime soon ^^

But I doubt it's real as you Said before it's rare and coming from you know where properly mis I'D

Yupp I saw just wanna ask if they can fight with GO LoL

Hope the vanuata shipment dun come anytime sooner as I want to clear my ich before adding any fish =.=Btw digi have you tried that med that Terry is using before?

• Senior Reefer

rosyscale wrasse also turns almost entirely white and glowy when it flashes. this one when flash is very gorgeous especially under T5. but sadly, the non-flashing state is quite ugly.

2nd picture by LaW from SRC.

post-15755-095294500 1285851625_thumb.jp

post-15755-099546500 1285851629_thumb.jp

post-15755-065428900 1285851634_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

the lineatus wrasse shows one of the more dramatic colour change while flashing.

compare first picture and 2nd picture. when flashing, dorsal and ###### fins turn bright white, tail turns red and pectoral fins turn orange.

Waaaaa so nice ... Either way can you tell me how to make them flash?