Lcf's tank

lcf425

• SRC Member

i can't even begin to agree with you on this.

this is the most truthful thing i've heard since the day i was born. besides smoking is bad, no cheating during exams etc.

listen to him and me, don't need to get so many. a pair is fine but too many is just bordering insane. like when i heard about your 7 flamebacks, that's just insane and impulsive but i decided not to say anything.

think about it this way, at least you get to keep more different things :)

heirachy system does not work in reef tanks.

harems, pecking order, groups, are all thrown out of the window in this hobby.

in our confined space, it's very difficult to replicate nature unless your tank is thousands of gallons.

hmmm hope i can control not to get a harem of flame or rhomboid though =.=

• Senior Reefer

hmmm hope i can control not to get a harem of flame or rhomboid though =.=

up to you.

you can choose to get a harem or you can choose to keep just one. at the end of the day the results will be the same.

if you want a harem of flame/rhomboid to witness them flash and show off to the females, then don't count on it. in your 3ft tank, it's way too small for them to showcase their true courting ritual and the females will all swim around losely and make your tank look very messy.

if you want a harem of flame/rhomboid just because they are gorgeous and you want more, then also don't count on it lasting because you will get bored of looking at the same fish over and over again everyday.

best is just to keep one male per tank and leave it as it is. they will still flash but not at females, but at other wrasses. and this also gives you space for other fish.

• SRC Member

up to you.

you can choose to get a harem or you can choose to keep just one. at the end of the day the results will be the same.

if you want a harem of flame/rhomboid to witness them flash and show off to the females, then don't count on it. in your 3ft tank, it's way too small for them to showcase their true courting ritual and the females will all swim around losely and make your tank look very messy.

if you want a harem of flame/rhomboid just because they are gorgeous and you want more, then also don't count on it lasting because you will get bored of looking at the same fish over and over again everyday.

best is just to keep one male per tank and leave it as it is. they will still flash but not at females, but at other wrasses. and this also gives you space for other fish.

btw lem if i keep 3 to 4 flame wrasse will any of them change sex if lets say all are male to begin with?

• Senior Reefer

btw lem if i keep 3 to 4 flame wrasse will any of them change sex if lets say all are male to begin with?

if they don't kill each other, yes.

putting 3-4 male fairy wrasses together in a small tank is very risky and not a wise idea.

female flame wrasses are common and cheaper. don't need to add so many males.

what for add a male which is so much more expensive, then morph it into a female which is so much cheaper. and there's a chance they might all fight to death.

waste of money, not clever idea.

• Senior Reefer

lem i was thinking if i should sell all my fishes except hooded and flame and rhomboid

then keep a harem of rhomboid and a pair of hooded(2each from aust and vana) and flame wrasse what do you think?

i won't if i were you.

i personally think it's a stupid idea and you will get bored of it very very quickly.

also, a 3ft tank is not big enough to support so many harems. when they flash at the females, they need big swimming space and length so they can display non stop.

in a small tank like this, the display will be interrupted and last only a few seconds.

you will get bored with only 4 fishes inside there TRUST ME.

this is just a passing phase. you're now addicted to wrasses so you want to get so many of the same one. like digi and i said before, like doesn't mean need to have so many of them.

one of each or a pair of each is more than enough.

i won't if i were you.

i personally think it's a stupid idea and you will get bored of it very very quickly.

also, a 3ft tank is not big enough to support so many harems. when they flash at the females, they need big swimming space and length so they can display non stop.

in a small tank like this, the display will be interrupted and last only a few seconds.

you will get bored with only 4 fishes inside there TRUST ME.

this is just a passing phase. you're now addicted to wrasses so you want to get so many of the same one. like digi and i said before, like doesn't mean need to have so many of them.

one of each or a pair of each is more than enough.

Yeah... 1 of each is more than enough and nice...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

but if 1 each i will up with like 5 fishes in my tank only wor =.=?

then buy other fishes.............?

there are SO MANY fishes available to you why must you only keep these 5? i don't understand.

even if you want a wrasse only tank, there are so many other wrasses for you.

stop having the idea that the tank has to be full of one kind of fish.

have many fish, but all different fish. then it will be nicer and have more variety.

• SRC Member

Livestock list

6bartlett anthais

3flavo anthais

2purple queen anthais

3diapar anthais

1purple tang

1yellow tang

1full moon goby

1court jester goby

1mandrain

1royal gramma

1hooded wrasse

2lepord wrasse

5flame wrasse (plus 3)

1radiant wrasse

1rhomboid wrasse

1flame angel

2flameback angel (sold 1)

6fire shrimp

3cleaner shrimp

2harlequin shrimp

3pom pom crab

2randal pistrol shrimp

The true octo is indeed v big and beautiful. Nice bartletts.

Too many green corals. Lack varieties and colours. An LPS tank should be v colourful and that's something unique to LPS tank. There are a few reefers here w v colourful LPS tank and u should have seen their tank and know who they are. Maybe they can be an inspiration for your tank.

• SRC Member

Nice! The true octo is so huge and is a v nice centre piece. But, w more diff colours for the corals will be better.

Yea that's why I bought red blasto looking for orange and red stuff now lol ... That's why brought the orange plate too

Yea that's why I bought red blasto looking for orange and red stuff now lol ... That's why brought the orange plate too

For meaty coral u can go for red cynarina if u find prata too ex. I also like goniopora, they comes in many colours like red and purple. Also dun forget the chalice coral that comes in the most amazing colours and patterns. Well of course if u're willing to pay, there's also the insane coloured aussie acans.

U cant jux have too many euphyllia corals, there are also other v unique corals that will add on a lot of life to your tank, like Duncans, softies and some NPS corals like sun corals, seafan, gorgonian etc.

Here's Sunburst's tank w a v good mix of corals.

046.jpg