Lcf's tank

lcf425

• Senior Reefer

dont anyhow put so many male fairy wrasse together.

they will either fight until 1 is dead, or keep showing aggression until 1 revert back to female.

either way you still lose out. you buy male fairy at male price (= more ex), then if die (you lose money), or if become female, you also lose money coz female cheaper.

buy 1 male and either leave it as 1 male, or buy more females for it.

also don't buy too many fairies that look the same. flame, aussy hooded, vanuatu hooded. they tend to fight and also won't be so impactful with so many similarly coloured ones.

flame is very very timid and in your tank full of aggressive fish, you might want to remove the more aggressive ones.

also the flame back i suggest 1 or 2. they are aggressive, being members of the argi complex. the flame angel also. if can, keep 1 only. this is another territorial dwarf angel.

in future when you add your colini and venustus, these 2 will give you hell and colini and venustus are extremely shy. you can forget about keeping these 2.

so i suggest keeping one of all your dwarf angels. only pair the one you really really like.

• SRC Member

dont anyhow put so many male fairy wrasse together.

they will either fight until 1 is dead, or keep showing aggression until 1 revert back to female.

either way you still lose out. you buy male fairy at male price (= more ex), then if die (you lose money), or if become female, you also lose money coz female cheaper.

buy 1 male and either leave it as 1 male, or buy more females for it.

also don't buy too many fairies that look the same. flame, aussy hooded, vanuatu hooded. they tend to fight and also won't be so impactful with so many similarly coloured ones.

flame is very very timid and in your tank full of aggressive fish, you might want to remove the more aggressive ones.

also the flame back i suggest 1 or 2. they are aggressive, being members of the argi complex. the flame angel also. if can, keep 1 only. this is another territorial dwarf angel.

in future when you add your colini and venustus, these 2 will give you hell and colini and venustus are extremely shy. you can forget about keeping these 2.

so i suggest keeping one of all your dwarf angels. only pair the one you really really like.

yea removing 3 to 4 flameback

colini and venustus not so soon

the flame angel maybe will sell 1

the wrasse i heard they are peaceful ?

• Senior Reefer

yea removing 3 to 4 flameback

colini and venustus not so soon

the flame angel maybe will sell 1

the wrasse i heard they are peaceful ?

no...

there are some fairy wrasses that are very fierce. like scotts, roseafascia, lineatus, pylei, rosy scale etc.

ggenerally hooded, flame wrasse, rhomboids these are ok. but amongst each other, flame wrasse is more timid than hooded and rhomboid is more timid than flame wrasse. so sometimes can have a little arguement within the three also. that means in the three types you have, the order of aggressiveness is hooded >flame > rhomboid. since flame and hooded same colour and you have two flames, there's sure bound to be some kind of arguement.

3-4 flame back... that will leave you 3-4 left. still too many IMO but if you really like then i won't stop you. just letting you know that flame backs are very aggressive.

• SRC Member

no...

there are some fairy wrasses that are very fierce. like scotts, roseafascia, lineatus, pylei, rosy scale etc.

ggenerally hooded, flame wrasse, rhomboids these are ok. but amongst each other, flame wrasse is more timid than hooded and rhomboid is more timid than flame wrasse. so sometimes can have a little arguement within the three also. that means in the three types you have, the order of aggressiveness is hooded >flame > rhomboid. since flame and hooded same colour and you have two flames, there's sure bound to be some kind of arguement.

3-4 flame back... that will leave you 3-4 left. still too many IMO but if you really like then i won't stop you. just letting you know that flame backs are very aggressive.

hmmmm maybe will remove more if i can catch them =.=

yea i can tell flame very shy =.=

as for the above fierce wrasse i am not intending to get them lucky haha

• Senior Reefer

those are just examples.

there are plenty others of very fierce fairy. sometimes even the peaceful ones can get very fierce.

here's a list of all the fierce one you can avoid in future. they may be peaceful in bigger tanks but in a 3ft tank, they are very aggressive. some of the below i tried before.

roseafascia

rosy scale

laboutei

lineatus

temminkii

punctatus

pylei

scotts

whip fin

i heard red margin and girdled also quite fierce.

• SRC Member

those are just examples.

there are plenty others of very fierce fairy. sometimes even the peaceful ones can get very fierce.

here's a list of all the fierce one you can avoid in future. they may be peaceful in bigger tanks but in a 3ft tank, they are very aggressive. some of the below i tried before.

roseafascia

rosy scale

laboutei

lineatus

temminkii

punctatus

pylei

scotts

whip fin

roger will avoid this only getting 3 wrasse which is flame/hooded/rhomboid maybe get earlei dunno how to spell but see how bottom line is need remove the old fish first =.=

• Senior Reefer

roger will avoid this only getting 3 wrasse which is flame/hooded/rhomboid maybe get earlei dunno how to spell but see how bottom line is need remove the old fish first =.=

earlei..........

wow.

one is like 1k+++. very gorgeous and beautiful.

If you selling the flame wrasse, let me know... LOL... I can get a female for it.. LOL...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

those are just examples.

roseafascia

rosy scale

laboutei

lineatus

temminkii

punctatus

pylei

scotts

whip fin

Red margin not as bad as pylei... Never really chase but maybe because it is up against a pair of rosy scale... LOL...

Member of:

pylei is the worst.

They are not... Rosy scale is the worst, I have kept.. They literally tore my female rubriventralis apart... And my male rubriventralis the long pelvic fin is gone..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

• SRC Member

If you selling the flame wrasse, let me know... LOL... I can get a female for it.. LOL...

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NOT FOR SALEEEEEEEEE=p

• Senior Reefer

not keep them hahahaha either way you keen in the earlei too? if not each one can buy 1 hahahaha

dun be ridiculous. i'll never spend 1k+ on a deep water wrasse that can just die from decompression anytime. moreover even if i had to spend 1k+ on a fish, it will definitely not be earlei. so small and not worth the money. i rather interruptus or WI, or even a sanguineus hog.

and earlei keep 1 not nice. a pair or trio would be nicer and better but forget it. way too expensive.

rhomboids already so difficult to get healthy ones.

anyway earlei not so easy to get. doesn't mean you want means can get.

if you interested i need to email atsumi and ask when is their next stock on palau shipments and then bring it in for you and whoever else that wants it.

• Senior Reefer

They are not... Rosy scale is the worst, I have kept.. They literally tore my female rubriventralis apart... And my male rubriventralis the long pelvic fin is gone..

no. i had a rosy scale and a pylei together. the pylei killed the rosy scale.

i keep all of them before bah. rubriventralis is very shy. anything can kill it.

no. i had a rosy scale and a pylei together. the pylei killed the rosy scale.

i keep all of them before bah. rubriventralis is very shy. anything can kill it.

OMG... Rosy scale killed by Pylei.. LOL... Your Rosy scale must be female... LOL...

Member of:

dun be ridiculous. i'll never spend 1k+ on a deep water wrasse that can just die from decompression anytime. moreover even if i had to spend 1k+ on a fish, it will definitely not be earlei. so small and not worth the money. i rather interruptus or WI, or even a sanguineus hog.

and earlei keep 1 not nice. a pair or trio would be nicer and better but forget it. way too expensive.

rhomboids already so difficult to get healthy ones.

anyway earlei not so easy to get. doesn't mean you want means can get.

if you interested i need to email atsumi and ask when is their next stock on palau shipments and then bring it in for you and whoever else that wants it.

:agreed: Neither would I... I would spend it on Sanguineus.. LOL..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

:agreed: Neither would I... I would spend it on Sanguineus.. LOL..

even if was very rich, i would still spend my money wisely. IMO i think earlei is really just not worth the money.

i will not spend so much for a fairy wrasse since they're so delicate and worst of all, small.

if you keep fairy wrasse long enough, you will know they have alot of problems.

some are very timid, will hide and never come out.

some are very fierce. will kill evreything.

some come with internal parasites that can be very difficult to treat.

some come with decompression problems that is impossible to treat.

some come with internal infections with result from decompression problem which is also impossible to treat.

of course one could argue and say if they had the money to spend and love the fish alot, then why not? just that IMO it's not wise to spend 1k on something like that. that's just bodering ridiculous.

but spending 1k on an angel, butterfly or other things, YES! i will definitely oblige.

so it all boils down to what people want to do with their money and what rare fish excites them. for a fairy wrasse collector, earlei is a must! but the price for a tiny fish is just way too painful and even Dr. Tanaka does not have it because he himself said it's too expensive. Coming from a world renowned fairy wrasse expert!

rosy scale tat time mine was male. but not big alpha male bah. just male. but still can flash.

Maybe becos i got a trio bah.. Terrorised my 3 ft tank with rutriventralis, rubripinnis, Red margin.. and some other wrasse i cant remember...

Member of: